What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Sign Dugan

chemics

Juniors
Its going to be weeks until this is resovled and I dont think it will be in Josh's or the clubs favour. Not for this season anyway......

Slippery Morris

First Grade
Hmm did Schu ask for Barba's medical records? Aparently that was not the reason he was left out of the squad at the beginning of the season.

Oh, that right there is 1 rule for the Dogs and another for the rest of the NRL.

Wouldn't the NRL look worse if it is proven that Barba had screwed around with a players wife and the club lied to the public and made everyone feel sorry for disgraceful act?

Carney did worse stuff than Dugan and was able to get a contract? At the end of the day he drank breezes on a roof....Woopee do

Elias1983

Coach
I can't post it yet..

But there is an article on my NRL live 2013 APP where Creagh has called the NRL to settle the Dugan situation quickly.

It's not on the NRL website yet though....

At least someone is making noise.

tumbidragon

First Grade
One can only wonder what the NRL has to gain by prolonging the Dugan saga?
Probably a case of smoke and mirrors. As in the NRL trying to come across as being tough on miss behaving players. Can't see any other motivation for the snail like progress. The whole Schubert demanding medical records is a flat out joke though! The sooner that prick gets boned, the better off the NRL will be for it.

Tweek

Juniors
I can't post it yet..

But there is an article on my NRL live 2013 APP where Creagh has called the NRL to settle the Dugan situation quickly.

It's not on the NRL website yet though....

At least someone is making noise.

http://www.nrl.com/creagh-calls-on-nrl-for-dugan-resolution/tabid/10874/newsid/72127/default.aspx

Creagh calls on NRL for Dugan resolution

By Joe Barton
AAP
Tue 07th May, 4:36pm

Print
Decrease Font
Increase Font
RSS

St George Illawarra skipper Ben Creagh wants the NRL to quickly resolve its impasse with Josh Dugan which is stopping the troubled former Canberra fullback from linking with the Dragons.
Dugan, who was sacked by the Raiders in March for repeated discipline breaches, has reportedly agreed to terms with the Dragons on a five-month contract which would allow him to play out the season in the Red V.
But before that can happen the deal needs to be ticked off by the NRL.
Dugan underwent a psychological analysis a month ago, where NRL officials found no major issues but he has been receiving counselling since.
Creagh said he hoped the remaining issues could be ironed out sooner rather than later, admitting Dugan's signing could be a season-defining moment for the Dragons.
"Hopefully everything by the club and the NRL now get sorted out quickly and he can come to the Dragons," Creagh told AAP on Tuesday.
Once cleared, Dugan would slot straight into the Dragons at fullback - allowing New Zealand international Jason Nightingale to return to his preferred spot on the right wing.
Nightingale has been forced to the back following the season-ending knee injury to off-season recruit Gerard Beale, making Dugan's arrival even more timely.
Creagh said it had the potential to have a massive impact on how the Dragons, currently placed 12th on the ladder, can compete for the rest of the year.
"He'd be a massive bonus for us at this stage of the season. He's a quality player," Creagh said.
"Jason is doing a good job there but he's one of the best wingers in the world and his best position is on the wing.
"So if we could get a player of Josh Dugan's quality, I think it would be great for the rest of the season for us."

TheRev

Coach
bleh nothing actually useful in that article at all around what actually is the 'impasse' and how its different to the numerous other players who had no problem playing again after their infringements.

Saint69

Juniors
Its going to be weeks until this is resovled and I dont think it will be in Josh's or the clubs favour. Not for this season anyway......

So are you saying there is/was more in the report the Raiders gave the NRL than anyone else allowed for to stop him being re-registered for this year?

18to87

Coach

I don't buy that because all indications are that the NRL signed off on the Broncos deal before the plug was pulled.

mmap dragons

Juniors
Makes you wonder what the stance of the NRL would be if the Dogs were to register the same contract considering the Barba affair and the high esteem in which their ex CEO has with the NRL.

Conspiracy theories aside, Just let the boy play Dr Schubert.

saint.nick

Coach
This is more frustrating than the bellamy saga. At least with Bellamy, we had this underlying, gut feeling that he wasn't going to come, and in the event he chose us it would have been brilliant. Here on the other hand, we've had all these reports about Dugan agreeing a deal with us, Paul Kent saying on every bloody 360 show every week he's 'within days of signing'; subsequently with nothing ever happening, and the seemingly injustice of this whole stall by the NRL considering there was little resistance to Dugan's initial contract with Brisbane. Medical records are now the excuse? What a bloody joke. It reminds me of a video referee desperately trying to convince himself that an obvious try may actually somehow be a no try.

Latest posts