What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Sign Dugan

Twenty10

Juniors
The longer this goes, the more it's off. FMD! The NRL have no idea what they are doing. This is unfair to the enth degree for Dugan

Willow

Assistant Moderator
Thanks for the correction Dezzie.

Either way, it does look like he has been signed. You heard it here first!

saints4ever

First Grade
The longer this goes, the more it's off. FMD! The NRL have no idea what they are doing. This is unfair to the enth degree for Dugan

Really think it's unfair for us. Who's taking the risk by signing him? The NRL talk about wanting to keep their stars in the game, how the comeback is good for the game. Greg Bird is an example (that they used). What if Dugan decides to not show up to training one day? We are the ones who suffer. Not the NRL.

The guy did the wrong thing by breaking team rules. He did not break the law like Lui. This is beyond a joke. Let him sign and then let us wear the consequences ffs. This is past a farce.

No fullback. No winger. No centre and they are still f**king us around.

Really think it's unfair for us. Who's taking the risk by signing him? The NRL talk about wanting to keep their stars in the game, how the comeback is good for the game. Greg Bird is an example (that they used). What if Dugan decides to not show up to training one day? We are the ones who suffer. Not the NRL.

The guy did the wrong thing by breaking team rules. He did not break the law like Lui. This is beyond a joke. Let him sign and then let us wear the consequences ffs. This is past a farce.

No fullback. No winger. No centre and they are still f**king us around.

...oh yes, they are just acting for Josh's own welfare.

Agree, there is a vast difference as to how you treat someone who brings the game into disrepute, and someone who breaks the law such as Lui.

TheRev

Coach
I agree.

When Brian Smith was at St. George, he was described as the type of coach that demanded respect from the players, but did not command it. I don't think Steve Price comes across as the type who demands respect, but I don't see where he commands it either.

Not to be confused with players 'liking' him. I just hope they are right when they say he CAN coach.

He gives nothing away. If that is a strategy to conceal his tricks of the trade, then I respect that. I just want to see my Dragons demonstrate on the field that he DOES have a bag of tricks.

Like you say Rev, no-one on this forum really knows. The intrigue and frustration is killing me. :?

Yep, because we seem to see a lot of the same issues each week we start to wonder whats going on, im starting to think after last night that its definitely the players not playing how they are coached and trained.. why though? thats the bit im not sure of, last night we were not blown off the park, so I cant really explain why they would lose their heads.

Another thing after watching the Press Conference after the game, Price was furious, I mean the words were the normal cliches but he was seething under his breath, on the other hand Creagh was super calm and collected and offered a lot more insight.

I dont blame Price at all for being furious, just curious whether its the pressure on him or players not doing what he asks or just losing a game like that on goalkicking etc..

BennyV

Referee
Yep, because we seem to see a lot of the same issues each week we start to wonder whats going on, im starting to think after last night that its definitely the players not playing how they are coached and trained.. why though? thats the bit im not sure of, last night we were not blown off the park, so I cant really explain why they would lose their heads.

Another thing after watching the Press Conference after the game, Price was furious, I mean the words were the normal cliches but he was seething under his breath, on the other hand Creagh was super calm and collected and offered a lot more insight.

I dont blame Price at all for being furious, just curious whether its the pressure on him or players not doing what he asks or just losing a game like that on goalkicking etc..

He was very umimpressed by a few ref decisions - on Triple M after the game he spoke to Johns, Sterlo and Harrigan and said there were a few decisions in there that he'd have to review, one of them being the forward pass, plus calling Nightingale back to review Forans 'try', and in his own weird Steve Price way, you could tell he wasnt happy with it.

Gore

Juniors
Honestly, I am glad he was furious... he should be...

In the past I think he has been too calm about losing games that we should win...

I hope he gives them a spray or a browny slap to the face to get their heads right...

you cannot start like that against quality opposition, we gave them 18 points in the first 20 mins.

saints4ever

First Grade
i think this may be our "golden point loss" in 2012. had the game to win and faltered. may come back to bite us later when we say, "oh if only"

ggould

Juniors
Schubert has no right to call for any medical records what so ever!!! Just trying to stall Dugan from playing!!! When he looked like signing with Brisbane it was a done deal and if Dugan hadnt of stuffed up you can bet your life he would be playing now!!!! Dugan should take action against the NRL now for restraint of trade!!! As for Steve Mortimer mid your own f------g business its nothing to do with you go look after Barba and the group of stuff ups you have at the Dogs!!! Canberra are full of it two Blake Ferguson who was Dugan partner in crime was almost sacked as well thats bullshit as well he plays one good game against Melbourne and they have just signed him to a 2 yr extension!!!! PLEASE GIVE ME BREAK!!!

FundyDragon

Bench
Honestly, I am glad he was furious... he should be...

In the past I think he has been too calm about losing games that we should win...

I hope he gives them a spray or a browny slap to the face to get their heads right...

you cannot start like that against quality opposition, we gave them 18 points in the first 20 mins.

+1 Bring back the Browny slap

mickeylane

Bench
Obviously the Universe centers around Ian Schubert as he's trying to break a 40 year law of medical practitioner and patient privilege by asking for josh Dugans medical records before registerIng his contract!!
What a load of shit!! As if the dragons would b signing a player that was mentally and medically unfit!!

So far Schubert is responsible for the delay of 2 players contracts (Dugan and Chase) whilst we lose valuable points ea week!!

I'm sure if this was the Roosters the contracts would have been registered!!
The NRL is a joke!!!
Disgraceful!!
#Free Dugan

st.phil

Bench
Schubert is a hack...must be looking for the smoking gun in the medical records (drug use) - that could be the only angle. Completely agree though - inappropriate use of power.

The Cobra

Juniors
What gives Schubert the right to demand medical records.Maybe the NRL should find out about Schuberts mental state when the Storm was rorting the salary cap & racking up title after title & the salary cap gestapo leader(Schubert) had no f**king idea it was happening!!!!!!!

Latest posts