What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Sign Dugan

TheRev

Coach
Its a shame mate, we had a hoot last night without ya :lol:
^ This, we went within a whisker of signing, just held up on legal technicalities, I actually broke my F5 key refreshing too.

Looks like tomorrow is where its at.

TheRev

Coach
Maybe Willow is closer to the source than we realised, possibly tomorrow is the date:

Dragons' early birthday present for Dugan

The NRL could register Josh Dugan's contract to join St George Illawarra for the rest of the season as early as Thursday.
Fairfax Media understands salary-cap auditor Ian Schubert has all but rubber-stamped the deal that will allow the axed Canberra fullback to link with the Dragons for the remainder of the season. Having not played since the Raiders' round-one loss to Penrith, it's unlikely the Dragons will play the former NSW fullback against Gold Coast on Sunday, even if his contract is registered on Thursday. At best, Dugan's likely to have just one training session under his belt with the joint-venture club before the Dragons match on the Gold Coast. Dugan, who on Friday will celebrate his 23rd birthday, could play his first game in the red and white against Parramatta at WIN Stadium next Saturday night.
The imminent signing comes at a vital time for the Dragons, who will be without fullback Gerard Beale for the rest of the season and winger Brett Morris for up to a month. There is a suggestion the Dragons have a clause in his contract banning Dugan from using social media, but a source close to the deal told Fairfax Media the club wouldn't prohibit him from using it. Dugan has given the strongest indication yet that
he's learnt from his mistakes after restraining from retaliating to comments on social media on Wednesday. Dugan avoided any chance of jeopardising his future with a light-hearted response to an attack against a tattoo of his parents on Instagram.
Advertisement
Dugan posted a photo of himself on Wednesday morning clipping the hair off his calf - which has a tattoo of his parents on it - and captioned it, ''Just giving mum n dad a hair cut! Haha.'' One follower tested the Dugan's nerve by commenting on the tattoo with: ''Ugliest tattoo I have ever seen.''
While Dugan couldn't resist firing back, he showed a lot more restraint than he did five weeks ago when he cost himself a contract at Brisbane when he told a Canberra fan to ''end yourself''. Dugan replied to the fan who attacked him on Wednesday by saying: ''And it's still better looking than you.'' The troll then replied with: ''I'd watch your mouth little boy @duges16 don't want to get in more trouble on social networking, might cost you a contract. Like your any good anyway #overrated''. Dugan revealed his delight in restraining from biting back at his abuser, posting a comment that said: ''Just being cheeky brother. Been learning the hard way not to take things to heart as much!''
He received plenty of support from his followers on Instagram, who condemned the social media troll and congratulated Dugan.

Read more: http://www.smh.com.au/rugby-league/...t-for-dugan-20130508-2j838.html#ixzz2Si8JahFo

Louiethefly

Juniors
Maybe Willow is closer to the source than we realised, possibly tomorrow is the date:

I thought he was just making fun of the situation... Oh well at least if he signs tomorrow we'll all be speculating if he will make a surprise appearance for us on Sunday instead of speculating about when he's going to be announced.

The Enforcer

Juniors
I thought he was just making fun of the situation... Oh well at least if he signs tomorrow we'll all be speculating if he will make a surprise appearance for us on Sunday instead of speculating about when he's going to be announced.
If he did, it certainly wouldnt be in the top grade.
After his dramas at the Raiders which included getting offside with team mates, it wouldnt be a good idea to be seen giving him preferential treatment already ?

Minh

First Grade
If signed he would be rushed into the team as soon as possible,that is if fitness prevails.

18to87

Coach
If signed he would be rushed into the team as soon as possible,that is if fitness prevails.

He would have to be due to injuries. I can see how it might rub some players the wrong way otherwise but with Morris out now ... hes needed even more than before.

TheRev

Coach
Oh I dont think that at all, with Beale & Morris out, maybe even Cooper, we are pretty bare at the back, its not like he is going to cost a 1st grader his position....

However, he probably needs a week or so of training to learn how moves and where he fits into the backline yeah? He probably needs 3 months, but we dont have that luxury, I think the article is accurate in that he misses the Titans game and plays against Parra.

Thing is though, he might be a bit out of touch, or he might get injured in his first week, im super excited but tempering that excitement too...

Cagey Mac

Bench
If he did, it certainly wouldnt be in the top grade.
After his dramas at the Raiders which included getting offside with team mates, it wouldnt be a good idea to be seen giving him preferential treatment already ?

If he's available the coach should make the call and the rest of the team should either respect of get over it!

It's a professional footy team not a democracy.

muzby

Village Idiot
Staff member
However, he probably needs a week or so of training to learn how moves and where he fits into the backline yeah? He probably needs 3 months, but we dont have that luxury, I think the article is accurate in that he misses the Titans game and plays against Parra.

He did alright in country origin with a week's prep..

LOYAL DRAGON

First Grade
Oh I dont think that at all, with Beale & Morris out, maybe even Cooper, we are pretty bare at the back, its not like he is going to cost a 1st grader his position....

Thing is though, he might be a bit out of touch, or he might get injured in his first week, im super excited but tempering that excitement too...

Nightingale knows our moves and it does count at all. BRING DUGS IN ASAP will perform better than Nightingale anyday

TheRev

Coach
Nightingale knows our moves and it does count at all. BRING DUGS IN ASAP will perform better than Nightingale anyday

lmao.. still 2 days prep is pushing it, wish he had of been allowed to train with us this week in preperation..

But yeah even at his worst, its a fair call its better than what we have.. also means Flo pushes back to Right Wing and free's up Vidot as another option (though he really struggled on the left side of the field).

LOYAL DRAGON

First Grade
lmao.. still 2 days prep is pushing it, wish he had of been allowed to train with us this week in preperation..

But yeah even at his worst, its a fair call its better than what we have.. also means Flo pushes back to Right Wing and free's up Vidot as another option (though he really struggled on the left side of the field).

Lets at least get one winger back and try to plug the left side even if it means prior at centre but at least we will have Dugan running from the back. He wont need training for that and it will do for the first week, we won't set the world on fire but it's a start having said that lets hope his signed first

BennyV

Referee
The only worry is injury - he doesn't exactly need to be trained to do good things, he's fairly talented! But he's not exactly the least injured guy on the field, hence why I would imagine a bit of time to get his body right might be in order...

On the other hand, f**k it and throw him back in there!

Louiethefly

Juniors
When was the last game he played? He probably needs a full week of training to be fit enough for fullback. Throw him on the Wing in defence and Fullback in attack maybe?

YEHHHBOYYYD

Juniors
JOSH Dugan should be at St George Illawarra by next week after the NRL said yesterday it was satisfied with the changes he has made to his life off the field.

The NRL flagged a social media ban on prolific tweeter Dugan before he returns to the playing field -- most likely against Parramatta at WIN Stadium.

Dugan has been in limbo since March when Canberra ripped up his contract after a succession of breaches of team rules and protocols -- most involving alcohol.

NRL chief executive David Smith said Dugan had proven to officials that he was ready to return to football.

"The welfare stuff has gone very well. We're pleased with the progress," Smith said yesterday.

After sacking Dugan, the Raiders sent a report to the NRL listing the details of his indiscretions, the most infamous being his social media stuff-up when he posted a picture of himself and teammate Blake Ferguson sitting on a rooftop drinking alcohol when he should have been at a rehabilitation session.

Dugan's arrival at the Dragons will not be in time for Sunday's match against the Gold Coast but he should be able to run out against the Eels.

http://www.theaustralian.com.au/spo...-to-join-dragons/story-fnca0von-1226637899928

LOYAL DRAGON

First Grade
The only worry is injury - he doesn't exactly need to be trained to do good things, he's fairly talented! But he's not exactly the least injured guy on the field, hence why I would imagine a bit of time to get his body right might be in order...

On the other hand, f**k it and throw him back in there!
:lol:

God-King Dean

Immortal
Bah. Just gives him a pineapple Breezer before kick-off & he'll run rings around every.

Like spinach for Pop-eye.