What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Sign Dugan

BradMackay

Juniors
I wonder if we have put our contract to the NRL for approval and Dugan is meeting the NRL to sort out his punishment and then the Dragons can announce his actual signing

Willow

Assistant Moderator
groundhog_day.jpg

dragon-83

Juniors
My cousin just said he was sent a msg by sowie and he told him Dugan has signed an will train with team this week just passing on what I heard.

R&WTILLIDIE

First Grade
My cousin just said he was sent a msg by sowie and he told him Dugan has signed an will train with team this week just passing on what I heard.

Your cousin knows Soward?...cool...can you please ask your cousin to ask Soward to please PRACTISE HIS f**kING KICKING FFS!!!!!!!

SilentAssassin

Juniors
http://m.dailytelegraph.com.au/spor...act-with-dragons/story-e6frexnr-1226636326965

THE NRL has demanded Josh Dugan hand over his medical records before registering his contract with St George Illawarra.

The Daily Telegraph can reveal NRL salary cap auditor Ian Schubert is the reason behind a delay in Dugan's five-month deal being finalised.St George Illawarra had initially hoped to have the former NSW Origin fullback on deck this week, with a possible view to him returning for Sunday's clash against the Gold Coast at Skilled Park.

But that now appears a pipe dream thanks to Schubert, who asked Dugan's management for records of his counselling sessions late last week.

Because the records are privileged under doctor-patient confidentiality, Dugan does not have to comply.

But any decision to withhold the reports would appear to prolong his chances of a comeback because Schubert enjoys unfettered discretion over the registration of contracts. The NRL also reserves the right to determine whether players are "fit and proper" to participate in its competition.

"The welfare of the player is a key consideration in any such application and the salary cap auditor is required to make any inquiry that may be relevant in determining the likelihood of the player following the NRL rules in the future," an NRL spokesman said.

"Josh has worked co-operatively with the NRL welfare and education team throughout the process. All privacy provisions are respected."

Dugan met with NRL welfare boss Paul Heptonstall last month, where counselling with depression experts was organised.

Since being sacked by the Raiders for repeated indiscretions, he's been mixing weekly sessions in Sydney with labouring work in Canberra and met Dragons officials last Wednesday to finalise negotiations for a contract until the end of this season.

TheRev

Coach
fmd they stuff around, sounds like its just caught up in red tape, must be so frustrating for Dousty/Pricey.

srsly he needs to get angry!

I wish I understood how he ticked, is he a quiet tactical guy who people dont respect/fear? thats my current appraisal.

I agree.

When Brian Smith was at St. George, he was described as the type of coach that demanded respect from the players, but did not command it. I don't think Steve Price comes across as the type who demands respect, but I don't see where he commands it either.

Not to be confused with players 'liking' him. I just hope they are right when they say he CAN coach.

He gives nothing away. If that is a strategy to conceal his tricks of the trade, then I respect that. I just want to see my Dragons demonstrate on the field that he DOES have a bag of tricks.

Like you say Rev, no-one on this forum really knows. The intrigue and frustration is killing me. :?

Errr Ian Schubert

".... 'enjoys' unfettered discretion for the registration of any NRL contract"

Ex Roosters(?) player.

.....nahhhhh !!!! hehehe

Willow

Assistant Moderator
What sort of organisation threatens to sack employees if they don't give them their confidential medial records?

saints4ever

First Grade
This is what gets me. A supposed professional of a world class sport wanting to view confidential medical documents? You're kidding right

What sort of organisation threatens to sack employees if they don't give them their confidential medial records?

Sounding very dodgey to me.

Did the serial offender Todd Carney have to jump through this many hoops for his 5th shot at redemption when he joined the sharks?

Latest posts