What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Sign Dugan

skeepe

Immortal
Skeepe, if you're still lurking, what's the story with Vidot? In the year or so with us he's proven to be lazy, ill disciplined, dumb and a fully nailed on reserve grader. But there are a lot of players like that, most of whom, in recent history, have tended to end up at Souths. Now the Rabbits have got their act together it seems like we get stuck with them.

What is it that has made Vidot so especially poisonous to team-mates though? Apparently we are no shot at getting Williams, for example, because he hates Vidot so much.

On paper at least, Dugan seems to be, personality and temperament wise, pretty much a carbon copy of Vidot (albeit with more talent). But you're saying he hates Vidot too. What is wrong with this bloke?

The Raiders never aired Vidot's dirty laundry in public, so not too much I can say without entering questionable waters.

I think I can say there were rumours that there was a breakdown in relationships with Vidot and other Raiders players not unlike how Wayne Carey went from hero to zero at North Melbourne. There's some other stuff too but it probably crosses some lines.

Mods, feel free to delete if even that's going too far

CarssDragon

Juniors
First time poster here thinking a good time to join the conversation. Excuse the length, thought I'd better put in a little effort for at least the first couple of posts.

I'd reckon this is a pretty unique opportunity to snatch up a player that we (and other clubs) would of chucked big money at 18mths ago. This kid is a freak and as others have suggested would more than likely benefit from the Dragons culture, where a no-dickheads policy is employed. Plenty of examples of this in the past and actually one of things that makes me proudest as a Dragons fan.

If I was running the show, things to consider (in order of importance) would be:

1. Rare natural talent. Remember he is only a young bloke and hard to argue against his potential. I see him as a 5/8 playing the same running game as a John Sutton. Isn't that exactly what we are after? Like Daniel Vidot, this kid isn't just a pussy covered in tough stamps to make them look the part, these are blokes are actually pretty hard and I imagine put the fear into opposing teams.

2. Is he even available. Reckon there's a precedent in this case. How would it affect their recruitment - don't reckon they would be too happy seeing him playing elsewhere this year. Any guessing he has much better options than a cheap one year deal. French Rugby has been suggested even.

3. Big Dragons fan. Seen him interviewed somewhere stating biggest role models were Trent Barrett, Mark Gasnier and Matt Cooper. The later would be the obvious mentor - ratstails, tatts and all. More reason to suggest he might grow up a bit here with guidance. Gaz is still involved in the club too isn't he?

4. The deal breaker. Off the rails. Wouldn''t come good overnight but worth a sizable gamble. I'm not quite over the hill yet so know how kids party these days. Not accusing, just suggesting that recreational drugs could also be involved. I'd rather we finish 2nd last (bookies have that one wrong) that get tarnished by that sort of behavior.

All considered, I'd be pretty keen to see him in the red and white. Worse case scenario is he does purgatory in the Cutters. Don't reckon Mary would put up with stuff. Not saying he will be our saviour or anything, but pretty realistic to see him reaching even 80% of his potential and being integral to another serious title attempt within the next decade.

saints4ever

First Grade
Mighty South Sydney Rabbitohs (Foundation Club 1908, Pride of the League)

Premierships 20
(1908, 1909, 1914, 1918, 1925, 1926, 1927, 1928, 1929, 1931, 1932, 1950, 1951, 1953, 1954, 1955, 1967, 1968, 1970, 1971)
Runners-up 13
(1910, 1916, 1917, 1920, 1923, 1924, 1935, 1937, 1939, 1949, 1952, 1965, 1969)
Minor premiership 17
(1908, 1909, 1914, 1918, 1925, 1926, 1927, 1929, 1932, 1949, 1950, 1951, 1953, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1989)

St Merge ( est 1998 for a few pieces of silver)

Premierships 1 (2010)
Runners-up 1 (1999)
Minor premiership 2 (2009, 2010)
World Club Challenge 1 (2011)

"Forever in our shadow"

f**k this for a joke. I seriously hate arguing any point with a no hoper Souffs fan. But I can takes no more!

Listen up pal, look at the official NRL records for how many premierships we have. We are the St George Illawarra Dragons. In much the same way that Eastern Suburbs were the Sydney City Roosters and now just the Sydney Roosters. That Manly Warringah were once just Manly Sea Eagles. We have in effect, added one word to our name. We have the same colours and play out of the same ground, splitting it with the gong.

Your team was kicked out of the comp. You didnt exist for two years! Yet you reckon you can come back and everything that your club had accomplished before that is still relevant to be counted? Fair enough. Yet you no longer play out of Redfern. You have the same name and colours but are run out of Homebush. Great Rabbitoh vibe out there huh? You want to talk about pieces of silver? Shit it's not like we are owned by two millionaires are we? Not like we havent got a home ground so we have to take the money on offer to play out of a souless cave. You sir are a Hypocrite.

Finally, you have won twenty premierships. Well f**king done.
How many of those premierships did you win consecutively?
How many immortals do you have?
How many of your local juniors have gone on to represent ANY rep team not including City V Country in the last ten years, while still playing for your team? For your info Gasnier, Cooper, Ryles, Bailey, Timmins, Barrett, Hornby, Young, Poore, Creagh.
In short, what manner of contribution has your team made to the competition recently?
Does one of your greats stand alongside Arthur on the premiership trophy?

You have nothing that St George or St George Illawarra hasnt done or even done better. Say you have Ron Coote, I'll give you Raper. Give me Churchill, I'll give you Gasnier. Say Branighan I'll say Clay. Say Sattler, I'll say Kevin Ryan.

Keep your little mits onto your 20 premierships and proud shit. Ill give you 11 in a row. If thats all you have compared to the Dragons, then i've said it before and I'll say it again. lol@souffs

Country Dragon

Juniors
f**k this for a joke. I seriously hate arguing any point with a no hoper Souffs fan. But I can takes no more!

Listen up pal, look at the official NRL records for how many premierships we have. We are the St George Illawarra Dragons. In much the same way that Eastern Suburbs were the Sydney City Roosters and now just the Sydney Roosters. That Manly Warringah were once just Manly Sea Eagles. We have in effect, added one word to our name. We have the same colours and play out of the same ground, splitting it with the gong.

Your team was kicked out of the comp. You didnt exist for two years! Yet you reckon you can come back and everything that your club had accomplished before that is still relevant to be counted? Fair enough. Yet you no longer play out of Redfern. You have the same name and colours but are run out of Homebush. Great Rabbitoh vibe out there huh? You want to talk about pieces of silver? Shit it's not like we are owned by two millionaires are we? Not like we havent got a home ground so we have to take the money on offer to play out of a souless cave. You sir are a Hypocrite.

How many of your local juniors have gone on to represent ANY rep team not including City V Country in the last ten years, while still playing for your team? For your info Gasnier, Cooper, Ryles, Bailey, Timmins, Barrett, Hornby, Young, Poore, Creagh.
In short, what manner of contribution has your team made to the competition recently?

You have nothing that St George or St George Illawarra hasnt done or even done better. Say you have Ron Coote, I'll give you Raper. Give me Churchill, I'll give you Gasnier. Say Branighan I'll say Clay. Say Sattler, I'll say Kevin Ryan.

Keep your little mits onto your 20 premierships and proud shit. Ill give you 11 in a row. If thats all you have compared to the Dragons, then i've said it before and I'll say it again. lol@souffs

That just about sums it up really!

tumbidragon

First Grade

:clap:-Epic.

Minh

First Grade
Epic sh#tness in the modern history of the game in the era of the color television they haven't even won a Panasonic cup.:lol:

Big man

Juniors

What he say.

Official definition from search as any layperson would search and read.

St. George Illawarra Dragons
From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Not to be confused with St George Dragons.

Note, two separate clubs and the words not to be confused, face it drop kick, your precious St George Dragons do not exist anymore, along with Newtown and Norths, you are officially extinct. And please don't start on who has the most league legends and greats, your St merge has none, and in 2010, who did you say won the Clive Churchill Medal lol. I'll leave you with four words to have your nightmares on, "GI, Burgess and Luke".

cm-16578-25029b7d6f0218.gif

bellyache

Bench
What he say.

Note, two separate clubs and the words not to be confused, face it drop kick, your precious St George Dragons do not exist anymore, along with Newtown and Norths, you are officially extinct. And please don't start on who has the most league legends and greats, your St merge has none, and in 2010, who did you say won the Clive Churchill Medal lol. I'll leave you with four words to have your nightmares on, "GI, Burgess and Luke".
Wrong creek!

Minh

First Grade
Sign Josh Dugan give him the new scenery a new culture I believe our club has a great culture and a young guy like Dugan can thrive here.

saints4ever

First Grade
What he say.

Dear oh dear oh dear. You sad little man.

MY St Merge has none? Did you miss the main questions of my post? Or are you like most of the Redfern faithful and struggle to read anything that doesnt have Centrelink and dollar signs in the text?

When Rusty wanted out it was then known no one would buy the Pride Of The League. Despite all your "ahem" worth. The truth is, the comp moved on from Souths a long time ago and you are only now starting to catch up. I hold on to my teams history because I am proud of it, but dont go around with the arrogance of Souths saying "how can you not agree Souths are the best thing ever?" Simple, theyre f**king not. To say we sold out, and you didnt, is hypocritical and a joke, much like Souths.

I was giving you the chance to actually make a sensible argument instead of the usual drones of "20!20!20!" but I see thats really all you have got. Four words to give me nightmares? I dont think so. These players are not your local juniors, youve bought them with Rusty's cash. I wonder if Rusty has dibs on Mr's Burgess' next litter. Rusty will prob be there with a pen instead of scissors for the cord. Congrats on your twenty premierships. Like your previous post clearly states, its all youve got. Pathetic

Last edited:

KiamaSaint

Coach
No no no no, I wasn't here to shit stir, I simply posted my opinion about Dugan and a silly silly man challenged me to a whose got the biggest c**k contest, and naturally I couldn't resist.

Only a man trying to compensate for a small member would make it a "biggest c**k contest". However, I understand why you couldn't resist, sexual preference is a personal choice, not that there is anything wrong with that.

hardbaby

Coach
I'll leave you with four words to have your nightmares on, "GI, Burgess and Luke".

Umm, it's two letters and two words actually. Finishing your argument in the manner in which you started. Ignorant and uneducated. Hop along son.

Burgess ugly tooth pommy wanker well all of the Burgess boys are ugly wanks.

GI Turn coat merkin enough said.

Luke an illiterate kiwi stooge who when talks sounds like a throw back to the cave man.

Boy thats something the bunnies have got to be proud of a team full of halfwits with a bunch of halfwit fans like this guy.

mqdefault.jpg