What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Sign Inu, T.Smith & Mateo for Life

caylo

Bench
To be honest look at nexy year, if we buy a prop with first grad experiance, like Newton, Cross etc, Plus i assume Cannings will be held on to (even though id prefer he wasnt), there isn't much room for the all. Cayles, Fui, Cordoba, Cannings, possibly new players. Although if Cannings, Tsulous were to go, then Paulo would definatly be a chance of resigning. Mabey we should let these two go, invest in frontrower, and an outside back.

Eelementary

Post Whore
eelavation said:
we may know more about some of our players off contract within the coming week, it remains to be seen if it will be good or bad news but I suggest that people keep an open mind to what could happen.

^^^^That advice. ;-)

N.Hindmarsh_Fan

Juniors
If we don't sign Smith and Mateo, we are dead set dopes. These two need to be resigned as a matter of f**king urgency, if not and these guys become superstars somewhere else, then f**k me will i be pissed right off.

If we loose one of these guys because of Finch or Riddel, then I deadset give up.

Stagger eel

Staff member
N.Hindmarsh_Fan said:
If we don't sign Smith and Mateo, we are dead set dopes. These two need to be resigned as a matter of f**king urgency, if not and these guys become superstars somewhere else, then f**k me will i be pissed right off.

If we loose one of these guys because of Finch or Riddel, then I deadset give up.

the club are deadset trying to tie these guys up, I'd say Smith is more than a BIG chance of staying, Mateo on the other hand is a problem.

Utey

Coach
This just sh*ts me. We develop these kids, give them a first grade spot and someone throws huge money at them. I'll wait and see how it pans out before getting to angry.

hineyrulz

Post Whore
Gee i will be disappointed if we don't resign Mateo, imagine if we had re-signed Tahu???? we would have had no hope to keep any of these young guys.

MrT

Juniors
eelavation said:
if only...

so either Smith or Mateo are gone.
I'll flip.

I can't understand why we can't keep our best juniors.
If we can't that's a joke

MrT

Juniors
N.Hindmarsh_Fan said:

BINGO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

We don't need Finch - hopeless again
Riddell takes up valueable cap space when we PJ who can play hooker 80mins

If we lost Mateo or Tim Smith and held onto these two, then sorry i don't buy the fact we did everything we could have to resign them.

Tim Smith and Mateo are players we could have built a club around, with Inu and Hayne also

Stagger eel

Staff member
MrT said:
so either Smith or Mateo are gone.
I'll flip.

I can't understand why we can't keep our best juniors.
If we can't that's a joke

not yet...I think we'll find out more within the week.

MrT

Juniors
eelavation said:
not yet...I think we'll find out more within the week.
Eela can you please confirm if you have heard that one of our promising juniors has signed elsewhere or is it looking difficult to retain them?

Stagger eel

Staff member
MrT said:
Eela can you please confirm if you have heard that one of our promising juniors has signed elsewhere or is it looking difficult to retain them?

what I can tell you is that I've heard that no one has signed else where yet but in some cases it will be extremely difficult to retain them, in saying that I'm sure we'll get some positive news as well.

what's it comes out in the wash and people take a step back to look at the bigger picture they may understand why it's difficult.

TheRam

Coach
T Smith over Mateo, your kidding...The kid(Tim) has all the talent yet doesn't know how to use it. He also sh*ts himself when real presure is put on him. I can't take last nights game too seriously since we played a depleted NQ. But one thing is for sure, Mateo is a real diamond. Tim though is only costume jewellery.

I would punt Smith for sure. Erratic halves, unless you have a MONSTER pack, don't make for good football teams. Get real people... Geez.

If we loose Mateo under any circumstances, it would be a sign of abject failure shown by our club to prioritise the real talant in our ranks. I and every other supporter would be justified to be extremely infuriated and totally disillusioned with our club.

NO MORE EXCUSES!!!

MrT

Juniors
eelavation said:
what I can tell you is that I've heard that no one has signed else where yet but in some cases it will be extremely difficult to retain them, in saying that I'm sure we'll get some positive news as well.

what's it comes out in the wash and people take a step back to look at the bigger picture they may understand why it's difficult.

Have you heard of the sums of money we're talking about.

In my eyes we shouldn't have a problem retaining Mateo and Tm Smith.

I'd let go of Wagon or Robinson and we know Ian Hindy is retiring

TheRam

Coach
Players to let go at a glance -

Brett Finch
Todd Lowrie
Ian Hindmarsh
Chad Robinson
Aaron Cannings

Stagger eel

Staff member
MrT said:
Have you heard of the sums of money we're talking about.

In my eyes we shouldn't have a problem retaining Mateo and Tm Smith.

I'd let go of Wagon or Robinson and we know Ian Hindy is retiring

mate, if someone comes up to you and says this guy is on X amount of money of we've offered X amount to this guy they are deadset bullsh*ting....no one ever discloses the exact amount at what players are on..don't dillude yourself in thinking or assuming what we have to spend because personally, I don't know. and we'll probably never know.

on the surface I can understand you thinking that but on the players we should let go bare in mind that Robo is still contracted for next year.

we'll just have to see what happens.

MrT

Juniors
Ok Eela

I've pushed you as far as I could and you haven't cracked.
Will just wait and see lol

TheRam

Coach
TheRam said:
Players to let go at a glance -

Brett Finch
Todd Lowrie
Ian Hindmarsh
Chad Robinson
Aaron Cannings

If any of the above players are at our club to the detriment of Mateo or T Smith then they're kidding themselves. :crazy:

Stagger eel

Staff member
MrT said:
Ok Eela

I've pushed you as far as I could and you haven't cracked.
Will just wait and see lol

look mate, we'll know sooner rather than later..all I'm saying is keep an open mind with what might happen and who knows??? could be all party poppers and fire works???? ;-)