What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Sign Inu, T.Smith & Mateo for Life

MrT

Juniors
No worries Eela

But if your referring to Green at all, I expected it. Even though I think it's disgraceful to lose him when Finch is cr@p.

I guess we have to hold onto K.Keating then

El Diablo

Post Whore
if Mateo ends up at Manly on more money than we're offering then somethings up or we're paying some hacks too much money considering they have Orford and Lyon on huge dollars.

Brian Smith was an idiot signing Riddell on bulk money. he's not a bad player, it's just that he's not worth the money Smith reportedly signed him for.

xr62nv

Juniors
more of inu and mateo are a priority for us because of who is coming through the grades that can be as good as them in the future?

least with smith we have a ready made replacements in green and keating (year or 2) with finch moving to half

with inu, closest to him would be tautai, while for mateo would be weller, though he isnt a ballplaying lock/5-8

maybe signing finch has restricted us in keeping our juniors if we did sign him for 200k as suggested

Eelectrica

Referee
I think what we're competing against is clubs offering over the top money to some of our guys based on what they might do, instead of what they've done to secure them.

Just speculating, but reading between the lines, that's what it sounds like.

benoir91

Juniors
jayjayselmes said:
if we could only keep mateo or Tim Smith who would you guys choose????

That's a stupid question because we have the funds to keep both and Smith has already re-signed for 2 years, and i think you should stop your personal vandetta towards Tim Smith, hes easily been one of our top 4 players this year so just back off

hindmarsh4pm

Juniors
jayjay do you watch parramatta games? from what some guys are saying on here you obviously dont like timmy, im not sure what else he has to do to give you confidence. Tim and mateo should both be re-signed, i think both of them could be re-signed on tahus contract alone, timana on at about 400k a year, id give timmy 180-200k a year and feleti around 120-130k leaving more money left over to sign the likes of kris keating. Remember we also have a lot left in the bank after letting a a heap of players go last year and not sigining to many players for this season

eloquentEEL

First Grade
hindmarsh4pm said:
feleti around 120-130k

he's probably fielding much better offers from other clubs. if an untested PL centre can get 200k, then I'd expect that last year's PL GF MOTM who is starting to produce the goods in the NRL, could expect to receive similar offers if not better

hindmarsh4pm

Juniors
there is alot of money that parra has not spent, id be very very suprised if tim, mateo and inu were not re-signed by parra

TheRam

Coach
BTW, I heard from a reliable source that a Roosters official was at the Parra game yesterday, got in the ear of Fa'aoso & Mateo a bit. Thought people might want to know.

Suitman

Post Whore
TheRam said:
BTW, I heard from a reliable source that a Roosters official was at the Parra game yesterday, got in the ear of Fa'aoso & Mateo a bit. Thought people might want to know.

I'd rather he was talking to Finch.

Suity

Big Mick

Referee
Fa'aoso left the roosters two years ago because he wasn't getting a chance...he will not head back there.

Mateo on the other hand...

Stagger eel

Staff member
Big Mick © said:
Fa'aoso left the roosters two years ago because he wasn't getting a chance...he will not head back there.

Mateo on the other hand...

I'm very very confident that Mateo will NOT be going to the roosters.

Mateo leaving us will be a travesty. Parra management need a little vision here if we need to pay the extra 50k then pay it because Feleti will end up commanding 200k-300k in 1-2 years time. He is brilliant and we have not seen a glimpse of what he really can do. You don't not back the next Jason Smith / Dymock you pay what the Market demands even at the expense of players like Wagon and Lowrie. It was a mistake signing Lowrie.