What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Sign Inu, T.Smith & Mateo for Life

bradeel

Juniors
Coach Sterling is 100% right unfortunately - let's not count our chickens before that time arises. There will almost certainly be some sort of injury to the current backline between now and the time that Tahu gets back to full fitness and if not then fantastic, we will be in the fortunate position that we can rest Tahu up until he is 100% right rather than trying to rush him back in. In a game as physical and fast as the NRL, the chances of one of the back 5 not suffering even a short term injury is highly unlikely. A happy dilemma for the coach anyway...

Suitman

Post Whore
Bazal said:
Tahu was not even close to the form Inu is in before he got injured, I can't see how he deserves to walk back in over Kris. And Ben is in top form too, especially in defence...

That is the imperitive word.

Tahu doesn't deserve to walk straight back in.

Inu has the form on the board this season. Tahu doesn't.

A lot of people here keep saying that Inu's time will come.
Well, who can deny that it hasn't come already.

For me, it is Inu over Tahu.

Suity

strider

Post Whore
The thing i love about Inu is the way he keeps going even when someone has hold of him - they'll have hold of both his legs yet he'll suddenly spring out of the tackle and keep going .... damn i hope he stays in blue and gold for a long time!

Suitman

Post Whore
Eelementary said:
Ben Smith had a monster match...Did I watch a different game to everyone else or something? :?

You couldn't have. Ben Smith played in the same game as everyone else here watched. ;-)

Suity

Eelementary

Post Whore
Why would people want to drop him, then?

Ok, so he's not as fast as others - but he was a brick wall in defense, and he looked strong running the ball in attack. His best match for us in a while and, personally, I wouldn't trade him for another centre in the NRL. Specially if we have Tahu/Inu on the other side.

Eelementary

Post Whore
The guy is a deadset freak...I heard the commentators make a comparison to him and SBW...And I thought to myself, "When has SBW every made a break and put a kick like that for a drop-out?"

I have complete faith in Michael Hagan to re-sign him. And I look forward to many, many exciting years of watching this bloke play.

Stagger eel

Staff member
we may know more about some of our players off contract within the coming week, it remains to be seen if it will be good or bad news but I suggest that people keep an open mind to what could happen.

Eelementary

Post Whore
I guess that's the nature of football these days.

Still...it's never easy to see talented players leave.

Stagger eel

Staff member
Eelementary said:
I guess that's the nature of football these days.

Still...it's never easy to see talented players leave.

no it's not...but whatever happens I'm more than comfotable that the club are doing all they can to keep them all...but it this stage it just won't be possible

Eelementary

Post Whore
Fair enough, too.

Who knew that when Willie Tonga left that we'd unearth Inu? I'm sure that if we have to see some talented Juniors go, others will step up.

Pazza

First Grade
parra is a endless supply of talent, lets just hold on to the absolute gems like T smith, Mateo, Inu, Cordoba etc

Stagger eel

Staff member
Brian Jackson said:
Are we a chance of keeping all 3 aswell as Hayne?
Surely with Tahu leaving we have plenty of $$$ in the kitty.

chance? yes i suppose, slim as it may be but don't dillude youself by thinking that there's heaps of money, because there's definitely not as much as you think.

Latest posts