What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Signing news

Mick theTrick

Juniors
Would Widdop have performed better under a different coach and a different game plan? No excuses under coach Cleary in 2017.
Definitely. If you watch his game, most of the criticism about him not taking on the line comes from set team plays, the ball is passed on an overs line constantly and the whole attack goes across field until Widdop or the outside backs run out of room because the opposition just slides. Many times this year the opposition B or C defenders don't fill in fast enough from the inside and there are holes to go through with an unders option. A lot of the time the pivot needs to act as a decoy and needs the support to run this opposing angle. The fact that it is not happening means its not being coached and not part of the team structure and set plays.

Sigurd

Juniors
Yeah, I'm gunna let this slide, you really do struggle with the concept so not worth my time. Maybe next thread.
What's the problem? My questions are perfectly legit. Your basic position is riddled with contradictions so I'm merely trying to understand what you meant.
Thanks for the warning Sammy , I better go and lock my hogs in their pens .
I have heard that there are some strange types from the city that enjoy doing all sorts of weird things to pigs !
Look, I'm not passing judgement on what you do. Everyone makes their own choices but I'm really not into bestiality so by all means, carry on doing what you do but DON'T involve me in it. And I had better not see you near my dog!
and welcome to the zoo , I mean forum .
Really into this, aren't you?

So, if we have that cleared up, moving right along.......
I have asked "BennyV" and "Old Timer" repeatedly about your idea of moving Nightingale to 5/8 but they refuse to answer. At first I thought it wasn't brilliantly thought-out but when I considered it more.......

We know that Nightingale can run at speed, draw a defender and pass but Widdop is simply unable. Nightingales defence is also far superior so really, as it stands right now, what would there be to lose? I guess he would have to work on his kicking game but I would back Nightingale to be able to do that. Especially short kicking. Long kicking is more of gift so Hutchinson and Dugan would probably have to handle that. He would also have to work on his communication but I would back Nightingale to easily handle that. He has been captain many times.

nrlnrl

First Grade
There'll be signing/re-signing news announced before coaching staff for 2017 is finalised.

BennyV

Referee
What's the problem? My questions are perfectly legit. Your basic position is riddled with contradictions so I'm merely trying to understand what you meant.

No, my basic position contains simple relativity, that most high-school students would be able to grasp. You seem to be having real trouble with it, hence I'll leave the discussion there so you don't hurt yourself.

Look, I'm not passing judgement on what you do. Everyone makes their own choices but I'm really not into bestiality so by all means, carry on doing what you do but DON'T involve me in it. And I had better not see you near my dog!

Really into this, aren't you?

Now this is VERY interesting - there is only 1 other poster on this forum who I've seen accuse someone else of beastiality. Happens to be the same poster who has claimed that 'Melbourne didn't want Widdop'. There's starting to show a surprising number of comparisons...

I have asked "BennyV" and "Old Timer" repeatedly about your idea of moving Nightingale to 5/8 but they refuse to answer. At first I thought it wasn't brilliantly thought-out but when I considered it more.......
PLease indicate exactly where you have asked me about moving Nightingale to 5/8. NOt that you will - you're not the first forumite to make random statements claiming you've quizzed me on various things (more patterns!!).

Sigurd

Juniors
No, my basic position contains simple relativity, that most high-school students would be able to grasp. You seem to be having real trouble with it, hence I'll leave the discussion there so you don't hurt yourself.

Now this is VERY interesting - there is only 1 other poster on this forum who I've seen accuse someone else of beastiality. Happens to be the same poster who has claimed that 'Melbourne didn't want Widdop'. There's starting to show a surprising number of comparisons...

PLease indicate exactly where you have asked me about moving Nightingale to 5/8. NOt that you will - you're not the first forumite to make random statements claiming you've quizzed me on various things (more patterns!!).

Ok. Let’s try and sort this out once and for all.
You rate Sam Williams very highly.
You don’t rate Widdop highly.
But you still rate Widdop more highly because he is an international.

Like, I don’t rate DCE highly but I rate Hutchinson very highly but I rate DCE more highly because he has played SOO.

Does that make any sense to you?

So anyway, I merely pointed out that many internationals are in the NSW and QLD Cups or even in lower competitions. Do you rate all of them more highly than you do Widdop? And given that Bennett is trying to get Hodskinson and Austin to play for England, it seems that Widdop’s days as an international are nearing an end. At that time will Widdop drop back in your scale so that you still rate him more highly than Williams? Like when Widdop ceases to be an international you will rate him “very highly” but only on a lower scale? And on the subject of Canberra, neither of their halves are internationals. Does that mean you rate Widdop more highly than them?

Did I not ask you? I may not have and if so, I apologize. Let me as you now.

“Gareth67” had the idea of Nightingale playing 5/8. At first I pretty much dismissed it but upon further consideration it’s not too bad. We know Nightingale can run at speed, draw a defender and pass, something which Widdop is unable to do. And we know Nightingale’s defence is far superior. So I wanted your opinion on “Gareth67’s” idea.

BringTheNoise

Juniors
I get the distinct impression that this is the closest this poor guy gets to meaningful conversation.

No wonder he keeps coming back under different aliases. With such a tormented mind it must be damn near impossible for him to form genuine relationships in the "real world".

How many people out there would actually have entertained this conversation for this long on a face to face basis?

Like, I don’t rate DCE highly but I rate Hutchinson very highly but I rate DCE more highly because he has played SOO.

Does that make any sense to you?

So anyway, I merely pointed out that many internationals are in the NSW and QLD Cups or even in lower competitions. Do you rate all of them more highly than you do Widdop? And given that Bennett is trying to get Hodskinson and Austin to play for England, it seems that Widdop’s days as an international are nearing an end. At that time will Widdop drop back in your scale so that you still rate him more highly than Williams? Like when Widdop ceases to be an international you will rate him “very highly” but only on a lower scale? And on the subject of Canberra, neither of their halves are internationals. Does that mean you rate Widdop more highly than them?

Did I not ask you? I may not have and if so, I apologize. Let me as you now.

“Gareth67” had the idea of Nightingale playing 5/8. At first I pretty much dismissed it but upon further consideration it’s not too bad. We know Nightingale can run at speed, draw a defender and pass, something which Widdop is unable to do. And we know Nightingale’s defence is far superior. So I wanted your opinion on “Gareth67’s” idea.

Sigurd

Juniors
f**k , mods can we close this down ? Get a fu--en room and leave the rest of us alone you blokes !
I get the distinct impression that this is the closest this poor guy gets to meaningful conversation.

No wonder he keeps coming back under different aliases. With such a tormented mind it must be damn near impossible for him to form genuine relationships in the "real world".

How many people out there would actually have entertained this conversation for this long on a face to face basis?

WTF???? Firstly, BennyV is a big boy and can look after himself. Secondly, I'm merely interested in his ideas so wanted to get to the bottom of his contradictory statements.

Now if you two don't like that........ I don't care. I don't appreciate the input of at least 3 people so I blocked them. If you don't appreciate my input, block me. It's that simple, rocket scientists. Just DON'T whinge and whine like a pair pansies! Even if that is what you are.

Finally, I have only been "Sigurd" in this forum and don't keep coming back under different aliases or usernames.

Country Dragon

Juniors
:sleeping::sleeping::sleeping:
WTF???? Firstly, BennyV is a big boy and can look after himself. Secondly, I'm merely interested in his ideas so wanted to get to the bottom of his contradictory statements.

Now if you two don't like that........ I don't care. I don't appreciate the input of at least 3 people so I blocked them. If you don't appreciate my input, block me. It's that simple, rocket scientists. Just DON'T whinge and whine like a pair pansies! Even if that is what you are.

Finally, I have only been "Sigurd" in this forum and don't keep coming back under different aliases or usernames.

Old Timer

Coach
WTF???? Firstly,

That is indeed quite correct.
When Sigurd doesn't come back is when the new name will appear as has been the case with so many nom de plums before this.
However regardless of who you are posting as at the time we still know who you are anyway.
As hard as you try old habits die hard and an invariable slip up is made that gives it all away.

BennyV

Referee
Sigh...

If I could type slowly, I would. I'll try again to spell it out.

I rate Williams very highly compared to his current status as a fringe/backup half.
I don't rate Widdop highly compared to his current status as an international half.
However, comparing the two together I would take Widdop. It's not because he is an international, it's because he is capable of being a better player than what Williams has shown.

Old Timer

Coach
Sigh...

I rate Williams very highly compared to his current status as a fringe/backup half.
I don't rate Widdop highly compared to his current status as an international half.
However, comparing the two together I would take Widdop. It's not because he is an international, it's because he is capable of being a better player than what Williams has shown.
Come on Benny V that's not what Sigurd said you said and you know it.
Stop altering his interpretation of your posts because he knows far better than you what you thought you wanted to say.
Geez I can't believe you of all people just can't post what he wants to hear.

Smirrors

Juniors

We know that Nightingale can run at speed, draw a defender and pass but Widdop is simply unable. Nightingales defence is also far superior so really, as it stands right now, what would there be to lose? I guess he would have to work on his kicking game but I would back Nightingale to be able to do that. Especially short kicking. Long kicking is more of gift so Hutchinson and Dugan would probably have to handle that. He would also have to work on his communication but I would back Nightingale to easily handle that. He has been captain many times.

I am with you Sigurd, it's not a bad idea. I think as he ages, Nighty may become ineffective at wing like what has happened to Perrett. At 5/8 he will have some others who can cover for him so that he can focus on the running game. Worth a shot.

Smirrors

Juniors
Guys stop bullying Sigurd, we are all passionate V fans and it pains me to read people picking on their own. It's not like he isnt discussing the dragons. His views are being conveyed in a perhaps ineffective way.

Sigurd

Juniors
Sigh...

Sigh...... TBC I don't have time now.

But it has been noted that you failed to answer my question about Nightingale even when you complained that I hadn't asked you.
That is indeed quite correct.
When Sigurd doesn't come back is when the new name will appear as has been the case with so many nom de plums before this.
However regardless of who you are posting as at the time we still know who you are anyway.
As hard as you try old habits die hard and an invariable slip up is made that gives it all away.

And how many non der plumes have I had before this one and what were they? And how about moving Nightingale to 5/8... for the 5th or 6th time? Really don't want to answer that. Did your psychiatrist tell you to leave that one alone?
I am with you Sigurd, it's not a bad idea. I think as he ages, Nighty may become ineffective at wing like what has happened to Perrett. At 5/8 he will have some others who can cover for him so that he can focus on the running game. Worth a shot.

To be fair, it was "Gareth67's" idea. At first I dismissed it but upon thinking about, it started making more and more sense. I'm interested in what BennyV thinks of the idea.

Nightingale is still a good winger but he used to be one of the best, now he is merely "good" and I fear next year, will be average. Average enough for better younger players to be available.

BennyV

Referee
Sigh...... TBC I don't have time now.

But it has been noted that you failed to answer my question about Nightingale even when you complained that I hadn't asked you.
I didn't complain that you didn't ask me, I called bullshit on your claim that you had asked me.
And FTR, it's a silly notion, he doesn't have anything close to the skillset required.
He is a winger. Hopefully next year, with a decent coach who knows his way around an attacking structure and defensive strategy, we will see him go back to being a very good winger. If not, it will be a crying shame, but next year will then be his last in the Red V.

Dude, Nighty at five eighth? We're twelfth or whatever, we're favourites for the spoon in 2017, the play has stopped dead at our halves for five years and part of the solution might be shifting a winger who is, what, 30 and has been on a decline curve in his natural position for at least eighteen months, cannot kick and has never had to develop a passing game to five eighth>

It's an interesting idea. I can't say I think it's a good one.

Latest posts