What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Signing News

mickeylane

Bench
Millward only needs to put it out there - we are looking for a marquee fullback or prop - to all player managers and let the player manager do the work for their client.

I would like to see Hayne or Fifita as our target. It seems we really missed an opportunity as far as Tedesco is concerned.
Fifita will walk from the Sharks next year and will ask for a $!m a season..Was offered to Dragons early last year but Dragons said no!! FMD!
His mgt said that the Sharks have put him under a bus on too many occasions with his off field misdeameneours and not stuck by him...the road rage offense, then the brawl at Penrith junior game and then the support he gave to the guy in jail whos name escapes me...
Take it as read Fifita will walk from Sharks

Twenty10

Juniors
Fifita will walk from the Sharks next year and will ask for a $!m a season..Was offered to Dragons early last year but Dragons said no!! FMD!
His mgt said that the Sharks have put him under a bus on too many occasions with his off field misdeameneours and not stuck by him...the road rage offense, then the brawl at Penrith junior game and then the support he gave to the guy in jail whos name escapes me...
Take it as read Fifita will walk from Sharks
Highly highly highly doubt this

Old Timer

Coach
If the Sharks did go back to back Fifita would be an integral part of it and his future pay check would be well beyond our reach considering we couldn't reach Packers money.

possm

Coach
Highly highly highly doubt this

Millward would be one of the 15 Clubs contacted by Fifita's manager and most probably the only Club right now who has the cap space to accomodate him. If there is a clause in Fifita's contrat that will allow him to be released in 2018, and if Millward reponded in a positive way, then two possibles would raise their head:
  1. Fifita will agree to terms and come to the Dragons in 2018.
  2. Fifita will ask the Sharks to match our offer and put the Sharks cap under pressure.

To me both outcomes are a great result.

Belta

Juniors
As Sterlo said mentioned last night, he comes with baggage, and the other commentator replied by saying "you wouldn't mind carrying his bags" I have to agree

possm

Coach
If the Sharks did go back to back Fifita would be an integral part of it and his future pay check would be well beyond our reach considering we couldn't reach Packers money.
No body said we could not reach Packer's level of salary demand. I believe we always had the coin but decided we had better options. Fifita is a better option and so, if it is true that Fifita is our target, then I do not feel sorry about losing Packer any longer.

Twenty10

Juniors
This is correct. Dragons did not want to match the 700k. Dragons did not really want to keep Dugan for what he was asking. I get the Fifita thing... just can't see sharks letting him go. They have heaps of forwards off contract. They'll fine money. Plus I think they could lose Maloney.

No body said we could not reach Packer's level of salary demand. I believe we always had the coin but decided we had better options. Fifita is a better option and so, if it is true that Fifita is our target, then I do not feel sorry about losing Packer any longer.

JohnnoMcJohnno

Juniors
Can't believe the hype about Hayne
Left the Eels while under contract
Left the NFL while under contract
Expected a walk up start for Fiji 7's in the Olympics.
Didn't get a start so walked away from them despite saying how much he wanted to be a part of it all and loving all the prayers and camaraderie.
Titans give him an entry back to the NRL and he is possibly willing to walk away from them despite being on big $$$.
So many people willing him to come here, how would you feel if he does the same thing whilst under contract to us.
We have a habit of bagging anyone who leaves the Dragons, let alone walk away from them and what about the shit being dished out about Packer and Dugan supposedly owing us and how dare they.
Hayne has owed plenty of people some loyalty and has walked away from them and people here are willing to forgive, forget and get him here talk about hypocrites.
The guy has bad form in this area and is an air head every so often about what he wants to do.
Tickle his ego and bank account and he is off.
Warning Will Robinson Warning

Agree with everything you say except the last sentence. Its "Danger Will Robinson Danger"

MilanDragon

Juniors
As nice as it was to think for a brief moment we could have one lethal spine, I think it could've easily been a 1 year circus disrupting the club.

Seriously hoping we promote from within.

Minh

First Grade
If it's Fafita, I would be rapped, he would be the missing piece in the jigsaw puzzle.....obviously a risky proposition considering his mindset but an absolute match winner on his day. Keep Lafai and Mann and use the Dugan/Packer money to get Fafita with a bit of change left over to retain our other players.....perhaps wishful thinking but anything is possible...

Gomarchin

Juniors
Fifita just added a couple of hundred thousand to his annual salary with that performance last night...

ALSGI

Bench
Fifita is a low life grub, albeit a talented one.
He wore his mate's (a killer) name on his arm as a badge of honour. Make no mistake Loveridge is a low life of the highest order and Fifita wants to brandish his mates name on the nrl stage for all the fans to see.
Add to that his other f**kwit incidents.
How he is allowed to play on is disgusting and a shame on the game we all love.
If he ever plays in the RedV that would be it for me after more than 50yrs.

Latest posts