1. Round 10 Edition OUT NOW:

The Magic Round issue of The Front Row, our exclusive online e-magazine and NRL match programme for is out now!

A packed Magic Round issue looks ahead to the weekend at Suncorp, with more stories including an opinion piece on a recent court verdict, news from Victoria, and a chat to Knights' rookie Phoenix Crossland - plus the full match program for Round 10 of the NRL and teams & results for NSWRL, QRL and more.

VOLUME 2 ISSUE 10 - READ NOW!

Guest, click here to read online or download your free PDF copy

Signings for 2020 and future looking team

Discussion in 'St George Illawarra Dragons' started by Frank Facer, Jun 23, 2019.

1. Wittenberg

Wittenberg Juniors

True but that means another season of gloom and doom in 2020.

WoyD4LWoy likes this.
  2. Dragonslayer

Dragonslayer First Grade

Ever so slowely the wheels are in motion.

3. BrissyRedV

BrissyRedV Bench

That was pretty much guaranteed when the 'Independent' report come out, confirming McGregors retention and minimal meaningful changes. You know deep down, those pair will be our centres whilst McGregor is in charge.

WoyD4LWoy, Wittenberg and getsmarty like this.
  4. Gareth67

Gareth67 First Grade

Yes , he gave the imbecile both barrels - bang - bang , the trouble is his still breathing.

Last edited: Dec 3, 2019
  5. Wittenberg

Wittenberg Juniors

A great summary getsmarty. Well done. We are a disgrace at the moment. I don't think the club has been in a more demoralised state. I don't get it, I just don't get it. A coach with little success despite having a side half full of Origin stars is left in charge following numerous Club reviews, the last one by the once respected league guru, Phil Gould. The review throws 8 assistant coaches and support staff under the bus but McGregor survives. Our CEO resigns, at least he accepted his accountability, but McGregor survives. Luc is given away, Aitken is kept. Juniors such as Masters are let go, Aitken stays.But don't worry we bought Luke. And I don't buy the Illawarra conspiracy theory. Doust and Johnston were St George men while 'Saint George' still have the majority on the Board. But McGregor still stays. I don't get it. What power Mary has. Some say 2020 needs to be another year of disappointment so that Mary can finally be sacked. We need to be careful of what we wish for because our club is going down a perilous path.

Coffs dragon, WoyD4LWoy and getsmarty like this.
  6. BLM01

BLM01 First Grade

Yep the truth is starting to come to journalism surface (especially from the ones that matter more)..
    so much for McHeadinSand amplified communication working after his junket US tour.

Coffs dragon, WoyD4LWoy and getsmarty like this.
  7. Slippery Morris

Slippery Morris First Grade

The best signing for Saints to make them a top 4 side is Demitriou. No players needed, spend any cap money on paying out the dud and bringing in a gun up and coming coach. I would even kust put Matt Head as coach for a year to see how he goes with Flanagan as assistant. Saints have the cattle just not the man to use it effectively.

nontime111, WoyD4LWoy and getsmarty like this.
  8. BrissyRedV

BrissyRedV Bench

Its a real pity this is just Sporting News website and not coming from one of the big papers with a widespread audience. The club might actually take notice then. Unfortunately, they all just want to write fluff pieces about McGregor and the changes made and how hypothetically he is going to turn it around despite showing nothing worthy in the past 6 years. It really annoys me to no end the lack of coverage of his incompetence.

9. Forster Dragon

Forster Dragon Juniors

What a good story and so close to the mark.
    McGregor is a dunce we all know that but Millward is not that far behind him.
    This in conjunction with our inept board will only see things get worse before anything positive happens .
    What a mess we have become.

10. getsmarty

getsmarty Referee

Thanks wittenberg...credit should go to Taxidriver who 1st uploaded I believe.

Wittenberg and WoyD4LWoy like this.
  11. hewi

hewi Juniors

20 minutes into round 1 and we will know if the chairs on the Titanic were shuffled or there is real hope. I want success however you can polish the turd all you like and it’s still a turd.

WoyD4LWoy, Gippsy and BrissyRedV like this.
  12. BrissyRedV

BrissyRedV Bench

And you get shit everywhere....

WoyD4LWoy likes this.
  13. boardlumps62

boardlumps62 Juniors

WoyD4LWoy likes this.
  14. Dragsters

Dragsters Bench

He's old enough...

WoyD4LWoy and jak like this.
  15. boardlumps62

boardlumps62 Juniors

Sorry slippery have to disagree about the cattle. Forwards ok if they are injury free and work together but they don't stack up against Melbourne, Raiders, Roosters even Brisbane. Our outside backs including fullback are shockers wouldn't feed them. Lomax too young as is Saab.
    In fact there was 14 clubs better than us we have a long way to go to get a top side together. Just one good centre a fullback and a winger we might have a show.

16. boardlumps62

boardlumps62 Juniors

Was it the song or band Deck Chairs Overboard I check internet's

nontime111 likes this.
  17. boardlumps62

boardlumps62 Juniors

I'm confused some say Lucky wanted out others say he was pushed.

18. Wittenberg

Wittenberg Juniors

Have read in the media that he was prepared to stay at Saints and sign a three year contract. Apparently only a one year extension was offered and when Luc asked them to reconsider their stance the Club started offering him around. All of a sudden Luc wanted to leave. I sort of understand why he ended up “happy “ to leave .

nontime111 likes this.
  19. nontime111

nontime111 Juniors

good band, good friends, Im a musician from this old school scene...

20. Frank Facer

Frank Facer First Grade

Just imagine if we were called the Titans.

Drakon and hewi like this.