What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Signings/Losses

bono69

Juniors
i so hope graham signs with the sharks but apparently flanagan wants a 2 yr deal why not try and get a 3,4,5 yr deal

Talanexor

Juniors
neil henry was seen talking to wade graham early in the week

What on earth could we possibly want with Wade Graham. He's young and talented yes, but we have plenty of depth in the halves, and I'd prefer Thompson any day.

Unless Henry sees him as a hooker or even ball-playing lock???

Sign another prop and backrower first Neil! If we lose Webb, Kaufusi, Manuokafoa, Southern, Rapira and LOD that's a huge chunk out of our forward pack. And re-sign Mason and Hogan.

Potential team for next year:

1. Bowen
2. Winterstein
3. Tate
4. Tonga
5. Tupou/Williamson/Feldt
6. Thompson
7. Thurston
8. Scott
9. Payne
10. Tamou
11. Bolton
12. Mason
13. Hogan

14. Taumata
15. Ah Mau
16. Sims
17. Another backrower (Harris?)

18. ?
19. ?
20. ?
21. Achurch
22. Segeyaro
23. Gallant
24. Graham (sigh)
25. Bani (bigger sigh)

Charlie124

First Grade
I know that Toyota Cup form doesnt always transfer to NRL level but after having a look at Tariq Sims' stats on the nrlstats.com website i can say that im a lot more excited about his signing than i originally was. He's got quite a high work rate and plays 80min regularly (although im sure he'll be coming off the bench for us). Eats up plenty of meters with his runs too which is something we've been missing from some of our forwards lately.

I also read somewhere that this was really only the start of our signings/cleanout for next year, expect to see a few more in coming weeks. Very good news.

Charlie124

First Grade
sorry Pete, its been very hard to get excited about anything to do with this team for a while now. I really hope that changes next season (although im getting sick of saying "next season")

Big Pete

Referee
Ha, I mean about my boy Tariq.

I don't remember anybody talking up the Cowboys in the lead up to 2010...2008 and 2009 maybe but both squads had their reasons to struggle, 2010 just looked bleak from the outset.

2011 on the other hand looks good.

Iafeta

Referee
This article says we are set to sign Dallas Johnson.

http://www.heraldsun.com.au/sport/n...nrl-with-cowboys/story-e6frfgbo-1225896289137

Also, we have signed Kalifa Fai-Fai Loa for two years according to this - http://www.smh.com.au/rugby-league/...timely-boost-for-cronulla-20100723-10opd.html

There's the man, there's the money man. I don't necessarily mean Johnson either, I'm talking more Kalife Fai-fai loa. Big, strong, fast, great work-rate, knows how to finish... His two first grade games this year were massive and his involvement in NYC is very special. Tupou and Fai-fai Loa are very good young wingers and you have two top-notch centres next year also.

If you can just improve your forwards list with one or two quality go forward men to supplement Matt Scott, you'd be rolling very well. A guy like Tronc would have been perfect.

Dr Crane

Live Update Team
i've been enjoying deathriding the cowboys, but man, you guys are putting together a quality team next year.

what options do you have alongside thurston in the halves?

elyod138

Bench
i've been enjoying deathriding the cowboys, but man, you guys are putting together a quality team next year.

Ray Thompson (my preference), Arana Taumata and Michael Morgan.

Talanexor

Juniors

We could also put Bowen into the halves and have Gallant at fullback, but I'd go with the other options - Mango struggles in defence up in the line.

Fullback: Bowen, Gallant
Outside Backs: Tonga, Tate, Taumata, Tupou, Winterstein, Fai-Fai Loa, Williamson, Graham, Bani
Halves: Thurston, Thompson, Morgan, Taumata, Bowen
Front Row: Scott, Mason*, Tamou, Sims
Back Row: Bolton, Ah Mau, Hogan*, Mason*, Harris
Hooker/Utility: Payne, Taumata, Thompson, Morgan, Segeyaro

Big Pete

Referee
:lol: wasn't Hoffman the Karmichael look alike or something ridiculous. One of your finer moments Tal but to be fair a lot of Broncos fans didn't rate him either.

Simsy is a solid signing, provides good go forward and has no problem getting in the face of his opponents in d.

Talanexor

Juniors
Humble pie is tasting pretty bitter at the moment.

I was wrong about Hoffman. And I was wrong about John Williams being first grade standard. But I was right about Bani!

I'm really hoping Hoffman doesn't read these forums and put in a MOM performance this weekend, just to spite me...

I actually think Sims was a pretty handy pickup. He'd be dirt cheap, but he's capable of playing well - a change of scenery, a different team and a chance to start over might breathe new life into his career.

Latest posts