What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Signings

Stagger eel

Staff member
Wobbygong said:
Agreed probably not original, but it still makes me laugh everytime I think Parramatta paid $300k a season for Riddell to play his 15 minutes per game.

Could your NRL squad be any more overweight and unfit?

yeah, probably if you played,

on your bike :arrow:

Twizzle

Administrator
Staff member
SMH reports toady that Saints are confident of retaining Poore and Creagh

spiderdan

Bench
Eelementary said:
Are we OFFICIALLY chasing Hunt and Hill?
i've been told the club is keen on one or the other but hadn't decided which one yet.

if the info is accurate i guess we'll know in a few days.

MrT

Juniors
That's great, now we have 1.5 million to spend and no one to get. If we have to pay 500k to get Simpson, it would have been easier to retain Morrisson for a couple more years for 300k a year.

I have a real bad feeling about all this. We're gonna get no one and have let players go that won't be replaced. We're going to pay overs for the sake of signing someone.

The timing of the cap rise killed us. If there was no cap rise Parra would have been in the best position to sign players. It won't be till the year after now before we sign better players

Stagger eel

Staff member
MrT said:
That's great, now we have 1.5 million to spend and no one to get. If we have to pay 500k to get Simpson, it would have been easier to retain Morrisson for a couple more years for 300k a year.

I have a real bad feeling about all this. We're gonna get no one and have let players go that won't be replaced. We're going to pay overs for the sake of signing someone.

The timing of the cap rise killed us. If there was no cap rise Parra would have been in the best position to sign players. It won't be till the year after now before we sign better players

I think you could be right mate and on top of that the introduction of the Titens has effected us badly.

buuut it's good for the game isn't it?? :roll:

The Colonel

Immortal
Nate Myles, Jacob Lillyman, Roy Asotasi, Manase Manuokafoa, Luke Stuart, Ben Creagh, Nigel Plum, Gavin Cooper, Dallas McIlwain, David Stagg, George Ndaira, Craig Stapleton, Awen Guttenbiel, Matt Hilder, James Stosic, Danny Galea, Marshall Chalk, Nick Kouparitsas, Terry Martin, Luke Harlen, Kylie Leuluai, Justin Smith, Aaron Wheatley, Mark Minichiello.

There are some decent forwards still out there and still a few big names. Just depends on whether we have been worrying about the likes of Sims and Poore and haven't bothered to contact the ones above. I wouldn' mind seeing us sign some of the lesser names ho are keen to show they can play in the NRL among them.

Things aren't as bad as they look provided we have been sticking our fingers in a lot of pies rather than a few.

Twizzle

Administrator
Staff member
The Colonel said:
Nate Myles, Jacob Lillyman, Roy Asotasi, Manase Manuokafoa, Luke Stuart, Ben Creagh, Nigel Plum, Gavin Cooper, Dallas McIlwain, David Stagg, George Ndaira, Craig Stapleton, Awen Guttenbiel, Matt Hilder, James Stosic, Danny Galea, Marshall Chalk, Nick Kouparitsas, Terry Martin, Luke Harlen, Kylie Leuluai, Justin Smith, Aaron Wheatley, Mark Minichiello.

There are some decent forwards still out there and still a few big names. Just depends on whether we have been worrying about the likes of Sims and Poore and haven't bothered to contact the ones above. I wouldn' mind seeing us sign some of the lesser names ho are keen to show they can play in the NRL among them.

Things aren't as bad as they look provided we have been sticking our fingers in a lot of pies rather than a few.

very true, but not really much better than the ones we are letting go

cant help but feel this is an exercise in futility

and thats only if we sign a few names, if we don't, we are worse off

its one thing to have the money, its another thing to have the players want to play for us

MrT

Juniors
Creagh,Asotasi, Simpson, Myles are the pick of all these, and who do you think the rest of the clubs will be after?

We have shot ourselves in the foot big time. How is it Titans got to negotiate with a 3.9m cap before anyone else.

Our foward pack next year will be no better than this year, but could be worse

Stagger eel

Staff member
MrT said:
Creagh,Asotasi, Simpson, Myles are the pick of all these, and who do you think the rest of the clubs will be after?

We have shot ourselves in the foot big time. How is it Titans got to negotiate with a 3.9m cap before anyone else.

Our foward pack next year will be no better than this year, but could be worse

I'll put my optomistic hat on and say that the likes of Cordoba, Taia, Hauraki and Tsolous could relish in the permanant role in first grade.

I guess it happened in Melbourne.

btaag

Juniors
Apologies if this has already been said on another post or thread, but what are the chances that because of the Jaime Lyon saga, and the 'principled' stance Fitzgerald took on honouring contracts, Parramatta are going out of their way to not announce players we are interested in?

I know that people have been saying that this "code of silence" is our policy this season, but we could be pleasantly suprised when come July 1 I wake up to find Myles, Creagh, Simpson and a few others signed for 2-3 years....

Stagger eel

Staff member
btaag said:
Apologies if this has already been said on another post or thread, but what are the chances that because of the Jaime Lyon saga, and the 'principled' stance Fitzgerald took on honouring contracts, Parramatta are going out of their way to not announce players we are interested in?

I know that people have been saying that this "code of silence" is our policy this season, but we could be pleasantly suprised when come July 1 I wake up to find Myles, Creagh, Simpson and a few others signed for 2-3 years....

no can't see it happening, sorry to be blunt..

btaag

Juniors
No need to be sorry - I would bet lots of money on none of the players mentioned coming to us (ie the Poore rumour - that really turned out as predicted!) :)

eeladdick

Juniors
I can't wait for saturday............
and its not the game in canberra i'm looking forward to.........

Angry_eel

First Grade
Nothing fancy's gonna happen on saturday. At the end of the year we would have signed hill, selmes and one more forward. Next year will just be stabilsing year, a new coach will set his rules and we'll see how they perform.

Bytheway, did someone say wing was off contract? do u reckon he is good.

btaag

Juniors
I rate Craig Wing very highly, but I would imagine he would go to Souths or Union. Manly will no-doubt find $400k to pay him (I wish we had their creative accountants).

Angry_eel

First Grade
btaag said:
I rate Craig Wing very highly, but I would imagine he would go to Souths or Union. Manly will no-doubt find $400k to pay him (I wish we had their creative accountants).
how many f**kin people are manly gonna buy. As i see it kennedy is staying, they have orford, monagham, kite, they were said to getting judas and now wing, someone even said they are getting K hunt.

The Colonel

Immortal
Twizzle said:
very true, but not really much better than the ones we are letting go

cant help but feel this is an exercise in futility

and thats only if we sign a few names, if we don't, we are worse off

its one thing to have the money, its another thing to have the players want to play for us

The ones we are letting go though Twiz haven't really done much this year whereas some of the names in that list are actually playing some good football. In all honesty the cleanout needed to happen. There were probably some names that deserved to go as well that are still here and it is likely that will happen next year.

Problem is we have to sign players. You have to spend a minimum of $3 million on your cap (that may have increased with the rise) so it isn't just a case of holding the money in reserve and using it next year - they removed that loophole after Manly and a couple of other clubs did it.