What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Sky (again)

Beavers Headgear

First Grade
Just a quick heads up that Sky have finally picked up the Fox shows, and start showing them tonight

Wednesdays - NRL 360, Hosted by Ben Ikin and Paul Kent so it will probably be shit
Thursdays - Sterlo, think it is a preview/analysis show of the upcoming round
Mondays- Monday Night with Matty, after the games wrapping up the weekend

Beavers Headgear

First Grade
I don't like either of the hosts but have really enjoyed this show so far. Is light years ahead of anything that gets dished up to us over here

shiznit

Coach
God damn it SKY are close to having a great commentary team...

they need to punt Halligan and maybe bring in an analyst with an easier voice... there are a number of ex-coaches out there who could be worth bringing over... Tim Sheens or Brian Smith would be pretty interesting to hear... actually i reckon Matthew Elliot would have been a great analyst if he wasn't coaching... he always comes across as really likable and knowledgeable.

i just cant believe they can f**k up the League coverage so badly,,, when there Rugby Union coverage is considered the best in the business anywhere in the world(apart from tony johnson who's just a bias prick)

They need a Rugby League version of Justin Marshall... easy to listen to nut also breaks things down well...

i actually really enjoy Matty Johns on the Triple M coverage... now that he's not linked to melbourne i find him hilarious...

Meth

Staff member
God damn it SKY are close to having a great commentary team...

they need to punt Halligan and maybe bring in an analyst with an easier voice... there are a number of ex-coaches out there who could be worth bringing over... Tim Sheens or Brian Smith would be pretty interesting to hear... actually i reckon Matthew Elliot would have been a great analyst if he wasn't coaching... he always comes across as really likable and knowledgeable.

i just cant believe they can f**k up the League coverage so badly,,, when there Rugby Union coverage is considered the best in the business anywhere in the world(apart from tony johnson who's just a bias prick)

They need a Rugby League version of Justin Marshall... easy to listen to nut also breaks things down well...

i actually really enjoy Matty Johns on the Triple M coverage... now that he's not linked to melbourne i find him hilarious...

Really? I'm a Cantab and I feel like my ears are being raped when he is on commentary.

ozbash

Referee
Really? I'm a Cantab and I feel like my ears are being raped when he is on commentary.

he's ok as long as Canterbury or the Crusaders aren't playing.

he shouldn't be allowed to do Cantab games.

Greg Cooper is the same with anything Waikato..

shiznit

Coach
really?? i like the balance he brings to a pretty biased team.

I really like Bob Skinstad from the South African coverage.

Sky's league coverage just need someone who will break things down nice and easy... unlike halligan who sound's like he's having his scrotum taken off with a cheese grater... and he's liking it...

MKEB...

Staff member
Halligan sounds like a drunk on valium into his first lesson of speech therapy. He gets worse by the week.

One Warrior

Bench
really?? i like the balance he brings to a pretty biased team.

I really like Bob Skinstad from the South African coverage.

Sky's league coverage just need someone who will break things down nice and easy... unlike halligan who sound's like he's having his scrotum taken off with a cheese grater... and he's liking it...

Just the thought of that is giving me shudders, as for the mental picture, ugh, please don't go there.

KiWi_BoI_15

Juniors
I feel for Vossy having Halligan along side him in the commentary box. I feel for us all having to listen to his 'broken' english.lol.

MKEB...

Staff member
OT Just seen this .
Sky Television have lost the broadcast rights for English Premier League football in New Zealand.
Spokesperson Kirsty Way has confirmed to Fairfax Media that Sky have been unable to re-secure the rights for next season.
"Our bid has been unsuccessful and we are disappointed," Way said.
"All I can say is that the rights have gone to a private equity firm."
Way was not able to confirm the term of the deal which comes as a considerable blow for subscribers to the satellite provider which dominates the New Zealand market.

http://www.stuff.co.nz/sport/football/8810945/Sky-loses-rights-to-English-Premier-League

Might not mean a lot to some.

I have Sky for NRL, Cricket and EPL.
Can this "independent equity" on-sell this to sky?

If not I may have to reconsider my subscription and stick to freeview

Blair

Coach
While on TV, I presume this 'Sterlo with the coach' segment is on Channel Nine's Footy Show this Thursday night (Sydney)?

It'll be good viewing.

Beavers Headgear

First Grade
While on TV, I presume this 'Sterlo with the coach' segment is on Channel Nine's Footy Show this Thursday night (Sydney)?

It'll be good viewing.

No it is Sterlos own show on fox, screens an hour before the Footy Show, is usually a pretty good show