What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Sky (again)

Amatuers! Why leave it until just before the NRL Launch? We have enough distractions for the great game as it is.

NRL welcome back LOL

spear tackle

Juniors
Mind you if the NRL was wanting the same price from sky as to what they got for it in Australia I think I'd balk at the price, when you put the size of our population into context.
I wouldn't put the blame on delays all on sky but if our subs have to go up for it I would expect a better product from the NRL as well i.e the weaker teams becoming stonger less rubbish from certain players and decent ref's

Micistm

Bench
Nice one Sky, with contract done and Vossy on board.

Warriors...now it's your turn to put some effort in

Micistm

Bench
Said it a few times after last year, and it's more appropriate than ever: Loyalty is not to be demanded or expected, it's to be earnt. Fans have put up with inconsistant stuff since 1995, hot and cold, and very, VERY amateur efforts. I want to be won back by seeing a real effort to change that.

Have not seen anything that convinces me anything has changed in that regard. Would the boys like to get on the phones and drum up business after that effort in round one? How do the fans that were convinced by personal phone calls from players feel now, after being talked into giving their loyalty again?
My neice was a long time member...she rejoined after being hounded for weeks to do so. I've had email after email every few days over the summer asking me to 'keep the faith', 'show your loyalty' etc.

Give me a reason to Lads.

playdaball

Bench
Said it a few times after last year, and it's more appropriate than ever: Loyalty is not to be demanded or expected, it's to be earnt. Fans have put up with inconsistant stuff since 1995, hot and cold, and very, VERY amateur efforts. I want to be won back by seeing a real effort to change that.

Have not seen anything that convinces me anything has changed in that regard. Would the boys like to get on the phones and drum up business after that effort in round one? How do the fans that were convinced by personal phone calls from players feel now, after being talked into giving their loyalty again?
My neice was a long time member...she rejoined after being hounded for weeks to do so. I've had email after email every few days over the summer asking me to 'keep the faith', 'show your loyalty' etc.

Give me a reason to Lads.

It's a very good point.

After last year myself and a number of other long term members basically said, ' thats it we've had enough. No tkts in 2013".

After having time to cool down a bit and seeing some of the positive changes made at the club together with the emails sent and general advertising we made the call to get tkts again for 2013 (10 tickets). This also applied to about 6 other groups of people that I know.

The club has done a wonderful PR / Marketing job in getting people back 'on the bus' AKA supporting team again. We considered the Blues and Breakers but stayed loyal.

That loyalty now has to be repaid back to the members, sponsors and supporters!!

I'm not expecting them to win the NRL or make the top 4. I would be very happy if the managed to sneak into the top 8 and at the very least ...

give 100% each week and improve on the 2012 season.

Although still very early and based on their first game it could be a long season where my loyalty, together with many others, may not extend (re membership tickets) to 2014.

Last edited:

Latest posts