What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Sky (again)

Diesel

Referee
Negoations should be that far down that track to know if showing it as goodwill is the way to go... I suspect this is what will happen

flippikat

Bench
They've been showing the new NRL ad on sky all weekend.

Yeah, but that would be an ad paid for by the NRL - and rather than advertising any specific games on Sky, it's promoting the competition as a whole.

That spot could just as easily been an advert for McDonalds - it doesn't necessarily follow that the NRL will be screened on Sky. (although it's hard to see any FTA network matching Sky financially)

Diesel

Referee
Another article today saying as of 8pm no deal has been sorted. If I was a subscriber I'd be pissed off. The NRL don't need the cash, they should sell it to FTA for a cheaper price

Warmess

Juniors
A business selling their product for less than they could get? Yeah, that'll happen.

I'd love a proper NRL streaming service. Would drop Sky so fast.

Meth

Staff member
Cutting it pretty fine, but I expect it to come together.

Micistm

Bench
I am a little concerned this year, it does seem a bit different to usual. But still quietly confident a goodwill gesture will kick in, in the meantime. This is the first time I've heard Sky make an announcement they were confident but could not guarantee things will work out...that was this morning on Radio Sport. At the same time, Veitch crowed that he didn't want to wind League fans up, but the NRL wasn't that big a rater for Sky...even a big Warriors game wouldn't match the most average Super Rugby game...
...Which is contrary to what Skys Boss has said on several occasions on Radio Q&As...Veitch is a complete c**k IMO

Rod

Bench
Veitchy is full of shit when he says he's not trying to wind people up, he's been doing his utmost in the last few weeks to get league fans wound up about this broadcast deal.

I could believe the Warriors not outrating a Super 15 match involving a NZ team but any match involving just SA or Australian teams would surely be bested in the ratings by the Warriors.

spear tackle

Juniors
I just read an artical in the NZ Herald which suggests there "may" be another bidder for the rights, if there is sky are a bit worried about the amount of canceled subscribers the may be looking at.
On the other hand if there isn't anyone else wanting to bid for the rights the article says the NRL want the same money from whoever wants it over here to what Foxtel and 9 paid for it over in Australia,read into it what you like.
I JUST WANT IT ON TELLY TOMORROW

Juju

Juniors
If Sky don't get the deal done I reckon the NRL will do a free live stream for NZ of all games.

Micistm

Bench
Um...as of 11pm, there's still no official channels announced it that I can see, googling only gives you the latest stories from around lunchtime, nothing on the onscreen guide for tomorrow night...

If Sky don't have it, I'll certainly be ditching the sports package

Latest posts