What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

SMH:Dogs big guns set to walk …(Eels related)

Stagger eel

Staff member
join the bandwagon said:
how about we get Hazem?

maybe a couple of years ago he would of been a great signing but in all seriousness, I don't think he's what we need at the moment, and we've got plenty of young outside backs on the verge of making the big time and as it is we have Hayne and Grothe as our wingers anyway.

COACH STERLING

Juniors
join the bandwagon said:
how about we get Hazem?

:lol: :lol: :lol: ......:oops:

Your jokin right?

Hazem and his bunyip legs can stay at the Bulldogs.

Parra have a very atheletic looking backline, no short ass' allowed.

Utey

Coach
I can't see him coming, I've gotten used to not having any huge signings and I see this being no different. Wouldn't knock it back though.

Twizzle

Administrator
Staff member
parra pete said:
Mick Lett will be the buy of the season...

that would be awesome

but I also think Shrek is overpriced at $400K

looks like not too many agree with me but he just isn't consistent enough for me, to be paying that much

sure he has some good games, but he also has some ordinary games that I've seen

COACH STERLING

Juniors
parra pete said:
Mick Lett will be the buy of the season...

It seems as though everyone has raps on this guy. I can't wait to see the young guns play in next weeks premier league trial.

COACH STERLING

Juniors
<UPtheEELS> said:
I can't see him coming, I've gotten used to not having any huge signings and I see this being no different. Wouldn't knock it back though.

I think we've had our decent share of big signings over the past few years.

The feeling I get is we are gonna be one of those clubs that dominate in the signatre stakes. We are a professional club with the best facilities and great player roster, which makes for an attractive place to come and play footy.

caylo

Bench
well we have always been a competative club, and now its our turn. Top backline, good set of halves, and a decent forward pack. O'Mealy signing would add alot to the dynamic of the team, and i wouldn't be surprise if they have been in talks already...

strider

Post Whore
Twizzle said:
that would be awesome

but I also think Shrek is overpriced at $400K

looks like not too many agree with me but he just isn't consistent enough for me, to be paying that much

sure he has some good games, but he also has some ordinary games that I've seen
:nwave: I agree!!! .... no doubt he'll probably want 4yrs @ $400K - for mine thats too much

COACH STERLING

Juniors
strider said:
:nwave: I agree!!! .... no doubt he'll probably want 4yrs @ $400K - for mine thats too much

What price is too much too pay for a much better chance at Premiership glory?

With the way the salary cap has been moving, give it 2 years and 400K may not seem too inflated. Sacrificing two average forwards to make room is no big risk.

I wonder how fans would feel with letting Wags and Robbo go in return for O'Meley?

For example, at the moment we have Fui, Cayless, Fa'aoso, Cordoba, I Hindy, Wags, Oake, Herauki, Cannings, Robinson and probably a few more. If we have an injury free run this year I can't see everyone getting a run in first grade. Reducing the depth to increase the quality is an definately an option I would consider.

Angry_eel

First Grade
COACH STERLING said:
I think we've had our decent share of big signings over the past few years.

The feeling I get is we are gonna be one of those clubs that dominate in the signatre stakes. We are a professional club with the best facilities and great player roster, which makes for an attractive place to come and play footy.
and we don't have the Brian Smith hurdle anymore which stopped many from coming to parra.

Angry_eel

First Grade
parra pete said:
[/b]

What crap.....Who for instance??????
I might be wrong but many of the more knowledgable posters will tell you players didn't like his way of coaching. I don't have any names if thats what you want.

strider

Post Whore
smithy attracted MANY good players (tahu, morrison, riddell, pj came back) - saying he didn't is bullsh*t - its just an easy uninformed swipe at him - every coach has players who like them and players who don't ..... hagan won't necessarily attract anything better than smithy could - i'd rate them about the same in the "attracting new signings" stakes

but back to o'merley .... 2yrs @ $400K would be great (maybe even 2yrs @ $450K) - 3yrs @ $400K, hmmm, still ok maybe - 4yrs @ $400K is getting too much for mine .... I'd rather see some young guys stay but if there is a high paid high profile guy infront of them for many years to come they'll go looking elsewhere

Tizzun

Juniors
If this article is right the Dogs will be hunting for a prop, hooker (apparently they are not going to offer Hughes a new contract) and some outside backs for 2008. I hope they do not sign any Parra players, or if they do they turn out to be duds. I seriously can't take listening to Dogs fans gloat about how they signed a "neglected" Parra player and turned him into a "superstar"...

caylo

Bench
yer they love saying that with Ryan, bt he was an origin player at parramatta. They say that with tonga, we all new he had potential, just 2 international centres infront of him. Ask them about thurston, he was the dumbest release since the bettles where sold for free.

Phillips

Referee
caylo said:
yer they love saying that with Ryan, bt he was an origin player at parramatta. They say that with tonga, we all new he had potential, just 2 international centres infront of him. Ask them about thurston, he was the dumbest release since the bettles where sold for free.

seriously, Tonga was already better and had 10 times the amount of potential than Vaealiki at that stage

caylo

Bench
Phillips Vaealiki was rated one of the best centres in the comp, even before he left parramatta he was still playing well, injuries got the better of him though. tonga can't defend, he is hopless and i think he is over-rated. I prefer Tahu and Smithy in the centres. I remember a canberra game for us, where they tore him to shreads in defence...