What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

SMH: Eels tell Vella he can go to Hull - but only if they get their new man

bartman

Immortal
Tookey...? Reported over here that he was leaving London to go home and play "country rugby league". Anyone heard whereabouts he's meant to be heading? Him and PJ used to be pretty tight at the Warriors, weren't they?

Gronk

Staff member
Tookeeeeeey and Fuiiiiiiiiiiiii in the same team. LOL. I can hear the chants across the Stadium already.

Stagger eel

Staff member
bartman said:
Tookey...? Reported over here that he was leaving London to go home and play "country rugby league". Anyone heard whereabouts he's meant to be heading? Him and PJ used to be pretty tight at the Warriors, weren't they?

I think the replacement is coming from an NRL club.

JessEel

Accredited Media Releases
feeney is the new coach of the central coast storm flegg side!

and jason williams *shudders* PLEASE NO!!

Stagger eel

Staff member
JessEel said:
feeney is the new coach of the central coast storm flegg side!

and jason williams *shudders* PLEASE NO!!

rest easy...it's not him.

but I don't know who it is...

The Colonel

Immortal
Angry_eel said:
but will vella go? do you know that eela or Col?

I think that decision remains up to him. But considering that he would most likely go over there as the number one prop for Hull KR (which is a role he won't get here) and on quite a lot more money than what he would get here too then it could well happen. Depends on how much of a Parramatta boy he actually is......

I hope people consider what he may give up if he does decide to stay at Parramatta.

Stagger eel

Staff member
Avenger said:
Yes you do. Just tell us. :D

I really don't...sometimes contacts leave out the vital details, but as C says it's all up to Micky and it appears likely that he will go.

Bigfella

Coach
From the article it appears that the potential replacement is a currently contracted NRL player who is also considering seeking a release to English Super League.

This would suggest it is not a current rep player; as a release to ESL would mean the end of rep footy. Therefore the previous rumours re Paul Gallen / Luke O'Donnell may be off the mark (also they aren't props!) Also rules out J Cayless, who had also been linked by rumours only.

I would have expected it to be an experienced prop rather than an up and comer in that he is to replace Vella.

I would suggest therefore an experienced, possibly former rep, front rower presently contracted to another club who is not expecting to be selected for rep matches in the future as the most likely candidate...

Thoughts?

A Dane Carlaw type player would fit the general description. Craig Fitzgibbon? Ryan O'Hara?

this is pure speculation but fun!

parra pete

Referee
Very clever headline.
My favorites over the years have been...after John Kolc turned in a three try second half effort in a City v Country match after coming on as a replacement, leading the City side to victory after trailing at the break.
"Things go better with Kolc"and after Ben Ikin had been cleared to play after a bout of concussion.
"Ikin sees clearly now, the pain has gone"

Stagger eel

Staff member
I can say that the replacement whoever it is, is atleast of the same quality of Vella.

I'd be wrapped if it was Carlaw.

Parra Guru

Coach
Tooks always said that he wanted to return to Parra, but as much as I love the big fella, I doubt he could handle NRL first grade these days. I do miss him though.

T-BONE MCGRAW

Juniors
So Eela, are you you saying that you have heard that the replacement (whoever it is) has agreed to come and it is now up to Mick if he wants to leave.

Not having a go but just trying to clarify the situation

ParraDude_Jay

First Grade
Carlaw, Jason Williams, Mark Tookey... are we that desperate? If they're the alternatives it would be worth keeping Vella, at least he is an Eel through and through. Raston wouldn't be bad though, he was impressive in the few games he got for Canberra this year.

Stagger eel

Staff member
T-BONE MCGRAW said:
So Eela, are you you saying that you have heard that the replacement (whoever it is) has agreed to come and it is now up to Mick if he wants to leave.

Not having a go but just trying to clarify the situation

I hear there is a replacement lined up if Mick chooses to go..that's all i know.

Ron Jeremy

Coach
I'd take Carlaw anyday of the week.

Just a question, could it be O' Hara or perhaps Galloway?......if so i'd be very happy. As both these players didn't have great years by there standards.

Latest posts