What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

SMH: Eels tell Vella he can go to Hull - but only if they get their new man

Eelementary

Post Whore
OK, so what we can gather so far is:

* It's someone still contracted to their current club;

* In all likelihood, it's a player that has similar NRL First Grade experience to Vella (after all, why release a 150-plus game veteran and replace him with a 10-match rookie?)

* Some have pointed out that it's probably a former representative player looking for a fresh start.

Interesting...

Stagger eel

Staff member
Eelementary said:
OK, so what we can gather so far is:

* It's someone still contracted to their current club;

* In all likelihood, it's a player that has similar NRL First Grade experience to Vella (after all, why release a 150-plus game veteran and replace him with a 10-match rookie?)

* Some have pointed out that it's probably a former representative player looking for a fresh start.

Interesting...

yep! I think you've nailed it...I have an opinion who it might be but with the risk falling flat in my face, I'll keep it to myself at the moment..:lol:

Eelementary

Post Whore
join the bandwagon said:
can u drop any hints of who you think it may be eela????

Will we be pleased with the player you have in mind?

Were people pleased we signed Ian Hindmarsh? Some were...Others weren't.

Were people happy to see us sack Morris and replace him with Finchy? About 50-50 either way...

Point is, it could be Willie Mason (for argument's sake), but not everyone would be happy. Yes, I'm talking about you, jayjay.

Nikki

Coach
Just to throw O'Haras name back up in the air. At our last open training session I saw him leaving the Stadium with Craig Catterick...

ParraAds

Juniors
It'd be good if we get that maltese bloke to play for us next year....

The one with over 150 games and rep experience.... man I'd be cheering.

eloquentEEL

First Grade
What's Villasanti's contract situation? Picked up by Sharks mid-year with Ross out for the season. A one-time Kangaroo who has a fair bit of experience and would be looking for a fresh start. What are the chances of Villa for Vella?

Stagger eel

Staff member
eloquentEEL said:
What's Villasanti's contract situation? Picked up by Sharks mid-year with Ross out for the season. A one-time Kangaroo who has a fair bit of experience and would be looking for a fresh start. What are the chances of Villa for Vella?

he re-signed with the sharks for 2 years elo.

Ant

Juniors
I was just thinking of props that are perhaps surplus to teams needs.

Ohara would be an obvious one.

I was thinking perhaps one of the storm reserve props, Cross or Crossman. The storm seem to be only able to fit one of those guys into their top 17. Perhaps after a good season one of them is looking for an option to play more first grade.

Look I have no idea its just one I thought of.

Stagger eel

Staff member
parra pete said:
Wouldn't mind having a prop as good as Phil Daley at the Eels.
Great player........even better bloke.

it depends what era your talking about, early Phil Daley???? yes later Phil Daley??? hell no. ;-)