What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

SMH: INU to quit NRL

T-BONE MCGRAW

Juniors
I personally believe if INU leaves we have close to an adequate replacement in Tautai (spelling). What is his contract status as he will be ready for first grade in one more year if Inu decides to leave IMO

eelz47

Coach
its his choice and he will make the right choice for himself

, and our club have know about it for donkeys years.

Hurriflatch

Referee
ok then

1. Burt
2. Hayne
3. Benny
4. Inu
5. Grothe

2009-2010
1. Burt
2. Hayne
3. Benny
4. Albert
5. Grothe

2011-???
1. Hayne
2. Albert
3. Benny
4. Inu
5. Grothe

JessEel

Accredited Media Releases
B-Tron 3000 said:
Nonsense.

He goes, we have to replace one of the best talents in the NRL, and he misses two important years of his footballing education.

All this "raring to make up for lost time" is worthless if he has been surpassed in football knowledge by other players.

And even if he does come back raring to go, and the Eels get him (due to the salary cap this is not guaranteed regardless of Kris' loyalty), and he manages to get his form to a point he was at before he left, we have still missed two years of his career.

Not to mention that if Hayne considers going elsewhere, having a mate alongside him in the backline might convince him to stay.

It's simply not win-win for the Eels.

ok - it's not win-win

BUT!!! who are we to demand that Kris continue playing? It's his life, noone elses. He does not belong to football, he dedicates his life to his church and noone can say that he can or can't do that.

The selfishness of someone to cry poor because we'll miss two years of his career! It's his choice! IT'S ONLY FOOTBALL!

JessEel

We should consider ourselves lucky that we've had Kris for the years so far. Not only is he a talented player, but he's an absolute gentlemen on and off the field.

Brainwashed - thats so narrowminded it hurts my brain

Brainwashed. You guys are dead set kidding, Honestly.

From a Religious stand point, I can understand Kris's commitment to the faith. Faith requires sacrifice.

From an Eels stand point, we lose a talented player that we have developed in football at best for a time or at worse for ever, but like the church the eels don't force you to do anything, and they will most certainly not stand in his way.

If Kris feels he needs to complete this task in his life. That is his belief and his choice, and any Parramatta fan that didn't wish him the best of luck with that task would be to blinded by a game to see the bigger picture of life.

Hurriflatch

Referee
While I personally don't agree with any religon regardless of if it's Mormon, Christian, Jewish, Hindu or anything else. I do respect Kris' right to beleive what he wants to and if those beliefs guide him to do this then so be it.

However, the club should take steps to ensure that they get protected from this, as someone suggested maybe signing him up to some sort of pre-contract for after the mission is complete that both parties can get out of ie if Inu finds he discovered himself and wants to become a preist and not play again for anyone then he is allowed to do that

likewise if in those 2 years Inu comes back as half the player he was or Parra in the mean time found someone better they can also get out of the contract.

sooperdooper

First Grade
im not religous at all so i dont understand this...
its his choice so i guess we find out sooner or later!!

but kris you need money to support a family :)

El Coconuto

Bench
B-Tron 3000 said:
Good point. You can flag mine as anti-Morman propaganda!!

Btw - I did say that Krisnan could turn my attitude around (as could any Morman I might meet or communicate with) and that I have no problem with people talking up their religion as long as they are able to see other points of view. Unfortunately, this seems to be quite a problem for people of all religions.

If El Coconuto can admit this isn't win-win for the Eels then I am happy to take back my request for his posts to be flagged as Morman propaganda!

Hehe, I really don't have a problem with anything you've said B-Tron, nor am I interested in plugging the Mormon church. But I actually know Kris, and I'm just telling you like it is. There his feelings, not mine...

Either he will stay, and it will eat away at him for the rest of his life. Or he will go, do what he feels is right, and come back with peace of mind knowing he will be ok regardless of what happens. Kris is smart enough to realize that there is life outside of football, and he isn't putting all his eggs in one basket.

As for my win-win situation, I still stand by the point. If he stays, the Eels keep escalating. If he goes, the Eels get an opportunity to bring someone through the ranks of to delve into the free agency market. Either way, having watched and followed him coming through the ranks, I know a happy Kris plays a lot differently to an unhappy one.

I'll be happy to pass on the brainwashed comment to Kris when I see him next though ;-) So thanks...

Freak2

Juniors
Geez this is a tough one!!

From 1 angle I would love to wish Kris all the best and let him know what ever decision he makes he will get total support from the Parra Eels commudity, but from another angle this is a team sport and his decision is going to have an impact on more than just himself.

In some respects I see any mission taken as a slightly selfish act, but I guess he is doing the right thing now letting all concerned it is on the agenda so no-one can be surprised when it takes place and we can plan around it.

Surely it also has to have an impact on his future contracts as well. With that amount of instability no club is going to be willing to pay big bucks no matter how talented you are.

I really want what is best for Kris and I just hope that it is also best for the Eels!!

eels81236

Bench
my thoughts...Kris deserves the respect and the right to follow his beliefs

my stupid thoughts...who do I have to speak to to get this church place out of my football team?...
Nothing will stand in the way of me realising my dream, crying like a school child on the sunday of the october long weekend sometime as we raise the trophy in glory.
the big fella upstairs forgives all doesn't he? just put him off. the car broke down for 10 years or something?

RalthFilthy

Juniors
sooperdooper said:
but kris you need money to support a family :)

Ha, the church will probably need it too.;-)

I have no problem with people believing in whatever they want, I believe in Santa.:D
I do however have a problem with them trying to push it onto other people and that is exactly what he is going to do, for 2 years straight, imagine how many people he is going to piss off.

B-Tron 3000

Juniors
JessEel said:
ok - it's not win-win

BUT!!! who are we to demand that Kris continue playing? It's his life, noone elses. He does not belong to football, he dedicates his life to his church and noone can say that he can or can't do that.

The selfishness of someone to cry poor because we'll miss two years of his career! It's his choice! IT'S ONLY FOOTBALL!

You're absolutely right.

I'm not crying poor. He can do what he wants. If he wanted to go smoke bongs for two years in Byron Bay that would be his choice also (and I dare say that many talents have fallen by the wayside by doing something similar), but it wouldn't be win-win either!!

It is only football, and he obviously has other things on his mind. Good for him. Parra fans have to accept it. They don't have to like it, or agree when people say it is a good thing for the club.

JessEel

RalthFilthy said:
Ha, the church will probably need it too.;-)

I have no problem with people believing in whatever they want, I believe in Santa.:D
I do however have a problem with them trying to push it onto other people and that is exactly what he is going to do, for 2 years straight, imagine how many people he is going to piss off.

If Krissy came to my door, i would definatley take a pamphlet from him :ls:

B-Tron 3000

Juniors
El Coconuto said:
Hehe, I really don't have a problem with anything you've said B-Tron,
Well I'm glad. People get too upset about words on a screen sometimes.

nor am I interested in plugging the Mormon church.
Well it came across differently to me. My bad.

But I actually know Kris, and I'm just telling you like it is. There his feelings, not mine...

Either he will stay, and it will eat away at him for the rest of his life. Or he will go, do what he feels is right, and come back with peace of mind knowing he will be ok regardless of what happens.
See, now this is what I don't get about ORGANISED religion. Why will he feel bad if he doesn't go? Who, or what, has made him feel he has to do this?

I know you'll tell me it's his choice, but it must have been part of his upbringing that good mormons go on a mission. (I know a few mormans so I know how it works).

He shouldn't feel any pressure at all, and shouldn't feel like he has to do anything. When it boils down to it he can get his message across much better by playing NRL. Look how many people already say what a wonderful kid he is, and these comments usually go hand-in-hand with the recognition that he is part of the Church.

As I said, I know some Mormans, and had interaction with other Christians. Too often I've seen them racked by guilt when they haven't done anything wrong (eg not going on a mission). It's so stupid that they feel they have to do certain things to be accepted by that community.

Kris is smart enough to realize that there is life outside of football, and he isn't putting all his eggs in one basket.
So, it's more a career choice than a lifestyle or belief?

That's the Morman attitude I know!

I'll be happy to pass on the brainwashed comment to Kris when I see him next though ;-) So thanks...
No worries. Tell him I think he's a good kid who doesn't need to go anywhere to promote his religion ;-)

strider

Post Whore
maybe he should try doing his mormom thing and being a parra player at the same time - cos I reckon he'd get a bumper crowd to listen to him if he did his mormom thing down parra mall in his eels jersey :lol: :lol:

B-Tron 3000

Juniors
RalthFilthy said:

Exactly!

How annoying is it when those twerps come up to you in the park on your lunch break, or whenever?

If he stays at Parra then all sorts of people hear about the Church in a positive light, instead of having him come stick a pamphlet in their face.

El Coconuto

Bench
eels81236 said:
my stupid thoughts...who do I have to speak to to get this church place out of my football team?...
Nothing will stand in the way of me realising my dream, crying like a school child on the sunday of the october long weekend sometime as we raise the trophy in glory.
the big fella upstairs forgives all doesn't he? just put him off. the car broke down for 10 years or something?

:lol: Gold!

And yes, being a much agitated Sharks fan, I'd be willing to sacrifice anything for that same dream! 40 years and freaking counting! Argh!

Latest posts