What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

SMH: INU to quit NRL

B-Tron 3000

Juniors
MarkInTheStands said:
B-Tron,

Please don't try and start a Religious Debate with me. I have spent a great deal of my recent life studying all Religious Paths and their ways. I am a very Religious Person, and I can understand Dedicating ones self to the by the means set out by that faith.

Good for you mate.

I think it's stupid.

I'm not hacking on your personal spirituality.

It's IMPOSSIBLE to set a list of rules that EVERYONE believes in.

Suitman

Post Whore
mean_maori_mean said:
no, because these people have principles and generally higer sets of values which they tend to follow more than the general public. And thats the truth.

That is the biggest load of rubbish I have ever read.
You may as well say that all muslims are terrorists.
Absolute rubbish.

Suity

Who said anything about rules.

And it is not impossible.

I think if I quote I can get the list quite easily from Pop Culture.

Do Not Kill,
Do Not Steal,
Do Not Rape.
These are tenants that every man of every faith can ad hear to.

ParraAds

Juniors
I can understand the kid wanting to leave because to him this mission is probably more important than work, remember football is his employment.

However I don't care much for the concept of putting the church, any church that is, before family and loved ones.

fish eel

Immortal
Suitman said:
Also, Krisnan's religion will be with him a long time after he leaves football.
He has much more to think about than a 10 year first grade career.

Suity

Personally, I think Inu is a breath of fresh air.

When his current deal expires, he would be able to command a hefty price in the market place.

In an age where loyalty has gone out the window and players prostitute themselves for the highest dollar, it's good to see a kid willing to put other things above the almighty dollar.

If he chooses to do this, I hope he comes back in two years as a bargain buy and rips up the NRL.:cool:

ParraDude_Jay

First Grade
Religion is all well and good, I personally believe in Christianity but am not too deeply religious. But this is a young man who is throwing away his NRL career (and I do believe that if he leaves there is no coming back to be as good as he can be) for the sake of a "mission"?

Absolutely nuts, crazy, ridiculous whatever you want to call it. You don't get two shots at life, Inu has the chance to be a superstar and make alot of money to set up both himself and his family for a long time, therefore to me this is nothing but foolishness on his part and absolutely ludicrous that his Church would force him into doing it. A young man has made something of his life and he has to choose whether to abandon his beliefs to have a good life now or abandon his career and success on the promise of good in the next life.

Sorry if anyone is offended but IMO it is just pathetic that he is being forced into this.

fish eel

Immortal
Suitman said:
Mark, What about

Thou shall covet thy neighbours wife?

Suity

well, if you've been watching big love on sbs, you just go and marry your neighbours wife :lol:

Suitman

Post Whore
ParraDude_Jay said:
Sorry if anyone is offended but IMO it is just pathetic that he is being forced into this.

I'm not offended, but how do you know he is being forced, and is not old and mature enough to make up his own mind?

Suity

B-Tron 3000

Juniors
MarkInTheStands said:
Who said anything about rules.

And it is not impossible.

I think if I quote I can get the list quite easily from Pop Culture.

Do Not Kill,
Do Not Steal,
Do Not Rape.
These are tenants that every man of every faith can ad hear to.

Hah, you need organised religion to teach you that?

So there's no rules, hey? What then, guidelines? Hmmm, where do you draw the line at what is right and wrong in these such complicated times?

You see, once you move slightly from the strict religious path, someone will not be happy with your actions. And that's where organised religion fails. Miserably. It ALWAYS ends up with people arguing and/or looking down upon people.

Or starting wars.

fish eel

Immortal
ParraDude_Jay said:
Absolutely nuts, crazy, ridiculous whatever you want to call it. You don't get two shots at life, Inu has the chance to be a superstar and make alot of money to set up both himself and his family for a long time, therefore to me this is nothing but foolishness on his part and absolutely ludicrous that his Church would force him into doing it. A young man has made something of his life and he has to choose whether to abandon his beliefs to have a good life now or abandon his career and success on the promise of good in the next life.

You're assuming that 1) he is being forced and 2) he is motivated by being a 'superstar' and making a lot of cash.

The notion that one has to make a lot of money to make something of their life isnt offensive, it's just juvenile.

Angry_eel

First Grade
Let him go do what he wants for he religion as long as his religion tells him to not go to any of the other clubs or union after he is finished witht the mission.

Suitman

Post Whore
Angry_eel said:
Let him go do what he wants for he religion as long as his religion tells him to not go to any of the other clubs or union after he is finished witht the mission.

Or, god forbid...........AFL. :lol:

Suity

B-Tron 3000

Juniors
Angry_eel said:

:lol:

I think his religion should tell to score three tries in every game in 2007 until the Grand Final, where he should get 4!

ParraDude_Jay

First Grade
fish eel said:
You're assuming that 1) he is being forced and 2) he is motivated by being a 'superstar' and making a lot of cash.

The notion that one has to make a lot of money to make something of their life isnt offensive, it's just juvenile.

And how does one be successful without money then mate? I'm not talking about love or any of that, I'm talking about financial security which is essential for enjoying life and don't give me that "money doesn't buy happiness" nonsense, nobody who in debt and struggling to survive is happy. He could set up his family and himself financially for the rest of their lives, but he is throwing it away. And yes I do believe he is being forced into it, like emotional blackmail. This guy is being told by his faith that he must do this, optional my arse this bloke has had these deep beliefs his whole life and they push this onto him.

Get real, this is a decision that he should not be forced into making at this stage of his life, how can anyone think otherwise?

fish eel

Immortal
ParraDude_Jay said:
And how does one be successful without money then mate? I'm not talking about love or any of that, I'm talking about financial security which is essential for enjoying life and don't give me that "money doesn't buy happiness" nonsense, nobody who in debt and struggling to survive is happy.

Mate, plenty of people are very succesful and happy without earning a truckload of cash.

Angry_eel

First Grade
Suitman said:
Or, god forbid...........AFL. :lol:

Suity
I mean ye f**kin oath let the guy do what he wants to do for his religion but i don't want him doing a Lyon on us.

Suitman

Post Whore
fish eel said:
Mate, plenty of people are very succesful and happy without earning a truckload of cash.

Indeed.

This "financial riches brings happiness" line is complete crap.

Suity

yy_cheng

Coach
Why is he doing a Lyon?

Is he playing to leave before his contract is up?

Is uncle Noel up to his tricks again?