What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

SMH: INU to quit NRL

JessEel

Accredited Media Releases
thats ok sportive! wouldn't you enjoy having a cup of tea and a chat with Kris? he's such a funny guy!

after the game yesterday he was chatting to WC and holic and i casually said over the top "why hello mr I-get-a-standing-ovation-when-i-leave-the-field-these-days! how are ya??" and he laughed and poked his tongue out at me! :ls:

carson

Juniors
Why can't winning the GF for us be his mission?

I wouldn't be that upset if it took 2 years after all I've been waiting for 21 years since the last one.

B-Tron, to answer your question. Why does he have to do it to feel good. Well the Church he is a member of teaches adherence to the ideal in the new testament

"Go ye therefore, and teach all nations..." (Matt. 28: 19-20).

Hence he is following the will of god.

Also Sportive, Kris wouldn't come back and see Jess, 1 because she is well a She and he would either be not alone or would ask a Missionary Couple (Husband and Wife on a Mission or the Heads of the local Mission) to visit so he wouldn't be tempted by her.

Stagger eel

Staff member
MarkInTheStands said:
Also Sportive, Kris wouldn't come back and see Jess, 1 because she is well a She and he would either be not alone or would ask a Missionary Couple (Husband and Wife on a Mission or the Heads of the local Mission) to visit so he wouldn't be tempted by her.

lol she can be a wicked little creature our Jess :D

jk13

First Grade
at least we don't sign the satanic players, they're usually welcomed with open arms to manly.

Sterling

Juniors
does he not have to give a certain percentage of his income to the church? if so the church would benefit by him playing now wouldnt it? .... especially the way hes been playing .. huge upgrade in the next couple of years.

hineyrulz

Post Whore
Gee he will a big loss for Parra,I'm not a fan of any form of religion. But that is my choice and if doing a mission for 2 years is then then so be it. Hopefully we get first dibs on him if and when he comes back.

Sterling said:
does he not have to give a certain percentage of his income to the church? if so the church would benefit by him playing now wouldn't it? .... especially the way hes been playing .. huge upgrade in the next couple of years.

Its not like the Church need the money. But what you are talking about it tithing. (10%)

B-Tron 3000

Juniors
MarkInTheStands said:
B-Tron, to answer your question. Why does he have to do it to feel good. Well the Church he is a member of teaches adherence to the ideal in the new testament

"Go ye therefore, and teach all nations..." (Matt. 28: 19-20).

Hence he is following the will of god.

Do you not see the folly in this?

You think that everyone who goes to the Church think the same?

Nearly all the players who play NRL love the game, yet not all of them feel the need to spread the word.

Organised religion is ridiculous.

Krisnan - if you don't go on your mission we'll all still love you for who you are - unlike the Mormans!!

B-Tron 3000

Juniors
JessEel said:
i am not a temptress!

Well you are female, so according to our religious brothers you are a temptress purely by your existence.

But don't worry Jess, when Kris gets back he can marry you...

... as you long as you can out up with his 6 other wives!

He's a freak and it will be a huge blow for us but you've got to respect his choice in the end. 2 years out of the game is a long time.......... It will be very hard for him to come back and be the top player he is.

mean_maori_mean

Juniors
Sterling said:
does he not have to give a certain percentage of his income to the church? if so the church would benefit by him playing now wouldnt it? .... especially the way hes been playing .. huge upgrade in the next couple of years.

no, because these people have principles and generally higer sets of values which they tend to follow more than the general public. And thats the truth.

Just leave him alone - he doesnt owe parramatta fans, the club anything IMO. You pay him and he plays for yous.

He has already got more stick from parra fans than Timana did and he has signed to the evil enemy - Union and hasnt even made .

Fraser Anderson - did it and has made it to NRL level, he didnt even play junior kiwis before hand.
Other mormons such as Cooper Vuna (now knights) have tinkered with the idea success in league led to them choosing not to.
No decision has been made yet - best thing a true parra fan can do is be supportive and hope he makes his own decision.
He would have a greater audience if he was to do a mission whilst still playing, but i dont know the inner-workings.

B-Tron 3000 said:
Do you not see the folly in this?

You think that everyone who goes to the Church think the same?

Nearly all the players who play NRL love the game, yet not all of them feel the need to spread the word.

Organised religion is ridiculous.

Krisnan - if you don't go on your mission we'll all still love you for who you are - unlike the Mormans!!

B-Tron,

Please don't try and start a Religious Debate with me. I have spent a great deal of my recent life studying all Religious Paths and their ways. I am a very Religious Person, and I can understand Dedicating ones self to the by the means set out by that faith.

fish eel

Immortal
Religion is a personal thing, and one person does not have the right to judge anothers personal choices.

Suitman

Post Whore
Also, Krisnan's religion will be with him a long time after he leaves football.
He has much more to think about than a 10 year first grade career.

Suity

B-Tron 3000

Juniors
mean_maori_mean said:
no, because these people have principles and generally higer sets of values which they tend to follow more than the general public. And thats the truth.
Bollocks.

I've seen Mormans bitch and carry on about people who didn't give their 10% to the Church.

Just leave him alone - he doesnt owe parramatta fans, the club anything IMO. You pay him and he plays for yous.
True.

He has already got more stick from parra fans than Timana did and he has signed to the evil enemy - Union and hasnt even made .
Rubbish mate. The people at Parra love the kid. If you think a few people not sharing his faith means that they are giving him stick then you need to get a thicker skin.

He will cop a lot more stick on his mission, let me tell you.