What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

SMH-Players on the Market for June 30...

btaag

Juniors
Finch got a great reception in Canberra as he steered the Roosters to another flogging..... :)

PS. The Raiders fans never forgave the club for not re-signing McFadden and keeping Finch....If only Finch had been poached sooner, it would have saved us from arguably one of the most mediocre seasons from a Parramatta player - McFaddens 2002 effort!!!! :)

Sorry, the Finch Nightmare post has jogged some of my own previous football nightmares!

spiderdan

Bench
btaag said:
Finch got a great reception in Canberra as he steered the Roosters to another flogging..... :)

PS. The Raiders fans never forgave the club for not re-signing McFadden and keeping Finch....If only Finch had been poached sooner, it would have saved us from arguably one of the most mediocre seasons from a Parramatta player - McFaddens 2002 effort!!!! :)

Sorry, the Finch Nightmare post has jogged some of my own previous football nightmares!
actually the raiders fans are the most fickle i've come across. they loved finch until he lost the game against newcastle by kicking out on the full from a 20m restart while trying a play to win the game. knights got the penalty and won 22-20. after that i lost count of how many jack-asses wanted his head. in 2000 they loved him at bruce stadium especially after he got motm in his first semi-final that year.

anyway the guy had enough and decided he'd go where he was wanted, which led the raiders fans to label him a traitor. doesn't matter if he wins a game or loses one at canberra he still gets booed.

there was a reason he came withing two points of winning the dally m player of the year a couple of seasons ago and got halfback of the year that year. his stats were awesome.

give the guy a forward pack that makes ground and another playmaker to share the workload and he goes well (kinda like our tim last year).

i think he would go ok being coached by hagan again playing alongside smith. but that's just an opinion, we may never find out.

ps. why did you have to mention mcfadden. arrrggghhhh. the bad memories.......

Angry_eel

First Grade
btaag said:

If thats true then canberra fans are bloody stupid. its not like mcfadden set the world on fire after leaving canberra.