What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Smith has to go

Kornstar

Coach
fish eel said:
Tim Smith is one player.

How much longer can we carry the coach who wont select the best players, and makes puzzling selections to the side, week in, week out?

100% correct!!!!!

ParraDude_Jay

First Grade
fish eel said:
Tim Smith is one player.

How much longer can we carry the coach who wont select the best players, and makes puzzling selections to the side, week in, week out?

Until the end of 2006 unfortunately.

I won't completely judge Tim until Hagan works with him, he's still very talented regardless of his form.

parra pete

Referee
Get rid of Tim Smith. He is ordinary and is making those around him look ordinary. He is not the answer to the problem..he is the problem. Can't people understand that???
Judge him on his football ability...nothing else. He REFUSES to take on the line in attack. He shovels the ball out as soon as he gets it. His kicking game - which used to be his strength - is way off line, and the number of foward passes he has delivered has the team on the back foot as crucial times in most games this season.
He is not up to first grade standard...
Watch the replay of tonights game and see if I am wrong...
His form has been terrible ALL season.

fish eel

Immortal
Tim had a poor game.

Particuarly, a shocking first half.

But last year, when he was on fire, people like peter sterking were saying things like 'i hope parra fans have patience with this kid. He's gonna make mistakes and go through rough patches over the next year or two, but if they're patient, they'll be rewarded'

Tim Smith will be here next year. Only one smith should go, and he is at the years end.

I'd still pick Timmy. And, he should have Morris outside him. If not, Mateo or Green.

eelsta

Bench
parra pete said:
Get rid of Tim Smith. He is ordinary and is making those around him look ordinary. He is not the answer to the problem..he is the problem. Can't people understand that???
Judge him on his football ability...nothing else. He REFUSES to take on the line in attack. He shovels the ball out as soon as he gets it. His kicking game - which used to be his strength - is way off line, and the number of foward passes he has delivered has the team on the back foot as crucial times in most games this season.

are you serious once was enough ...

parra pete

Referee
fish eel said:
Tim had a poor game.

Particuarly, a shocking first half.

But last year, when he was on fire, people like peter sterking were saying things like 'i hope parra fans have patience with this kid. He's gonna make mistakes and go through rough patches over the next year or two, but if they're patient, they'll be rewarded'

Tim Smith will be here next year. Only one smith should go, and he is at the years end.

I'd still pick Timmy. And, he should have Morris outside him. If not, Mateo or Green.

Some of the Hospital passes he throws will ensure the hospitals have patients.

MrT

Juniors
It's good to see that Tim Smith can come on hear for some good inspiration. I can't believe some of the cr@p I've read here. Sherwin , Finch, are u people mad? The same people that are bagging him will be applauding him when he next has a good game. Not much has gone right for us this year but it's SUPPORT we need to offer not the cr@p that's being dished out.
It's obvious Tim is frustrated and he's trying too hard, he's got alot of expectation on him now, he's no longer in his rookie year, but we have to support him. I want to see Cordoba and Taia in the team. Morris should start at hooker with PJ off the bench. Riddell was a waste of money. Morris can play 80mins and is more effective out of dummy half for half the price. 300k+ on Riddell could have went to a class half

parra pete

Referee
How many games must be lost before people realise the kid can't cut it at this level!!!!
His 2006 form is sub standard. He does not deserve to be in first grade..

Y2Eel

First Grade
parra pete said:
How many games must be lost before people realise the kid can't cut it at this level!!!!
His 2006 form is sub standard. He does not deserve to be in first grade..

who deserves to be infirst grade then??

lets see
wade nup played terrible this year..
Grothe.. yeah you can play
Tahu. yup
Delany.. nup
Peterson..nup
J.Smith..nup
Tim Smith..nup

Cayless.. nup you played ok today though
riddell..nup
Stringer..nup
Hindmarsh..ok
Morrison..nup not the same level as last year so you can go aswell..
Chad..nup

wow to be honest lets just send 3 players out there...

if you think timmy is playing bad and his 2006 form is sub standard not many players would get a run..

Eelementary

Post Whore
OH

MY

GOD!!!!

LISTEN to yourselves!

True, Tim has struggled this season...But you're saying we should drop the best halfback the club has at the moment because he's not firing behind a wofeul forward pack and a bunch of nuffy backs who drop every pass or kick he performs?

Faor dinkum!

Yes, Tim Smith is sh*t - definitely. He only got 40-odd try assists and 20-od linebreak assists because every one of his opponents felt sorry for him and gave him room to make an impression. Yeah, the fact he won Rookie Of The Year and was being talked up with guys like SBW and Benji clearly shows that Tim Smith is crap and has no idea.

What - is Tim Smith this week's scapegoat or something?

Bloody hell!

:evil:

Kornstar

Coach
It is quite funny that people are saying how inept Timmy is yet you are forgetting the person who is picking him, Brian Smith, i have noticed that the Brian Smith lovers hate Timmy all of a sudden YET if you stopped and looked at your wonderful Brian Smith, he is the one who picks him every week...........so you tell me who would be more inept???????

Oh yes, that's right, it would be the coach, as he has more say than ANY player in the team........seriously get over yourselves, he is 21 and in his second year of football in the top grade in one of the most pressured positions (especially at the Eels, cause of Sterlo) and you so called adults are attacking him and then you wonder why people will not respect their elders?????

If you like we will bring Andrew McFadden out of his coaching job with the Canberra P/L side and use him at half back, cause i don't remember him leading us to a Minor Premiership while he was with us........

The whole team needs to stand up, not just Timmy, it is the whole team who are down on form.........there are a few who can hold their head high, i happen to think Timmy has been quiet but certainly not terrible. Out of 8 games he has had 2 below par performances other than that he has been solid........apart from Tahu, who else has really been consistently good though????????

Eelementary

Post Whore
Also - anyone noticed how different Smith's game is from last year?

I wonder who could possibly have inffluence him to change...

(NB: Wasn't meant to be a stab at Brian, but it's true - if the coach wants you to play a certaib way, as a player, you listen to him).

strider

Post Whore
Kornstar said:
It is quite funny that people are saying how inept Timmy is yet you are forgetting the person who is picking him, Brian Smith, i have noticed that the Brian Smith lovers hate Timmy all of a sudden YET if you stopped and looked at your wonderful Brian Smith, he is the one who picks him every week...........so you tell me who would be more inept???????

i don't think this is correct .... pete has been on timmy's case for a while - nothing has changed

personally, i'm defending both to an extent ... neither is doing great but neither deserve the amount of sh*t they are getting laid on them

strider

Post Whore
Eelementary said:
Also - anyone noticed how different Smith's game is from last year?

I wonder who could possibly have inffluence him to change...

(NB: Wasn't meant to be a stab at Brian, but it's true - if the coach wants you to play a certaib way, as a player, you listen to him).

yeah you are really onto something there :roll: .... I think brian is instructing him to throw a few forward passes and silly inside balls to guys in no position to catch it. :roll:

but having said that - I don't think timmy is going that bad - he's making mistakes just like he did at times last season - but the team as a whole is going poor now, so timmy gets made a target :roll:

Utey

Coach
Timmy has never been a big runner of the ball. Watched him since Flegg and has always relied on his kicking and passing game. Both have been quite poor this season. He has so much potential but is struggling big time atm.

CrazyEel

Bench
parra pete said:

Sorry but can't help find it amusing how you can be so adamant about one smith yet so blind about another. I don't know about Tim "making those around him look ordinary", IMO that problem existed well before the smith you blame was ever in the team, but of course there are some people who can't understand that either :D

Brian Smiths form has been terrible for 10 years not just one season, yet you still defend hime :roll:

parra pete

Referee
'His time has come...Its time to say fair's fair.... How can we dance when the Beds are Burning'

If a jockey was battling to stay on a horse, he would be replaced. If a Fomula One Driver lost his nerve he would be replaced.
If the man directing a football team around the park has lost his nerve and form....replace him....and I don't care who with. It is my opinion he shouldn't be there in the form he is in.....He has lost the plot...