What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Smith v Hagan - who is Mr Popular?

Misty Bee

First Grade
Early days, I know. But Parra's signing of young Lowrie gives Mick 'Premiership' Hagan a 1-0 lead in the popularity contest against Brian Smith.

Of all of Parra's fleeing hoards, none to my knowledge have gone anywhere near Newcastle. Widders went to Souths, Morris to Wests, McKinnon to NZ, Morrison to UK. While I do expect that to change when Smith organises a $1 per year 5 year contract for Daniel Wagon in '08, currently no one wants to know him.

I look forward to welcoming new Eels like Buderus, M Gidley, Simpson, Thiaday in the future. ;-)

PS, lucky Ben Kusto has retired - he'd be Joe's biggest threat for the 1st grade halfbacks job if he was stillplaying.

Angry_eel

First Grade
Neither of them are too popular. They both stand in their places. smith ahs done wonders with juniors but cant deliver a premiership. hagan did jack sh*t for the team yet stole a premiership from smith.

Roy

Juniors
Buderus will be a knight for life, so you can get that idea out of your head an get use to pig riddel.

M Gidley will either stay with the knights or go to st helens.

Thaiday wouldnt leave the team that saved his career.

Simpson we will have to wait an see, but i very much doubt it.

Roy

Juniors
Angry_eel said:
Neither of them are too popular. They both stand in their places. smith ahs done wonders with juniors but cant deliver a premiership. hagan did jack sh*t for the team yet stole a premiership from smith

hagan actauly stole the premiership from mall reily;-)

Harold Bishop

Juniors
I rate Todd Lowrie, watching him against Manly he ran hard and made a few line breaks.

Would have been cheap as well. Eels should go after Brad Tighe and Steve Simpson since they have so much money freed up.

Parki

Bench
I rate Todd Lowrie, watching him against Manly he ran hard and made a few line breaks.

Would have been cheap as well. Eels should go after Brad Tighe and Steve Simpson since they have so much money freed up.

have him. Hes a bum who has played 1 good game in grade this year, it so happened to be manly. Other than that hes a smallish second rate footballer. Hagan is a complete and utter idiot that has destroyed the knights since 2000 when he came in, Ryan practically handed that premiership to him. Since then the knights have been run by Johns. Smith will change that next year

oh and id say Smith 1 hagan 0 because getting rid of lowrie to go to parramatta will hamper the eels, not benefit them. Look out for him in a number 6 shirt next year doing absolutely f**k all

and lastly, you talk about cheap... you paid over 100k for him.. im still laughing at that

SpaceMonkey

Immortal
I wouldn't have hoped I could say this at the start of the year but right now I'd much rather have Ivan Cleary than either of them.

ParraDude_Jay

First Grade
Parki said:
have him. Hes a bum who has played 1 good game in grade this year, it so happened to be manly. Other than that hes a smallish second rate footballer. Hagan is a complete and utter idiot that has destroyed the knights since 2000 when he came in, Ryan practically handed that premiership to him. Since then the knights have been run by Johns. Smith will change that next year

oh and id say Smith 1 hagan 0 because getting rid of lowrie to go to parramatta will hamper the eels, not benefit them. Look out for him in a number 6 shirt next year doing absolutely f**k all

and lastly, you talk about cheap... you paid over 100k for him.. im still laughing at that

Glad to see the flow of morons coming out of Newcastle hasn't slowed down at all.

They think Smithy is the messiah, I read in their forum all the players that will improve under his coaching. Which I find funny because after he paid about $300k for Aaron Cannings, he went from one of the brightest foward prospects to a bum in a year.

And I'd like to know how you'd know how much the Eels paid for Lowrie? And why you think he will be our five-eighth? We just re-signed a very bright five-eighth prospect in Blake Green and are chasing Scott Hill so unless you think they'll be playing reserve grade then it's just more proof you Knights fans know jack sh*t.

Brian Smith: Choker, 20 years coaching and he's won jack sh*t!
Michael Hagan: Premiership in his first year, and his side is always well prepared for big games.

But don't let me (or the facts) stop you from hailing Smithy, the new messiah of Newcastle.

Parki

Bench
They think Smithy is the messiah, I read in their forum all the players that will improve under his coaching. Which I find funny because after he paid about $300k for Aaron Cannings, he went from one of the brightest foward prospects to a bum in a year

you resigned him.... what does that say about your recruitment? you just admitted hes a bum.. interesting

And I'd like to know how you'd know how much the Eels paid for Lowrie? And why you think he will be our five-eighth? We just re-signed a very bright five-eighth prospect in Blake Green and are chasing Scott Hill so unless you think they'll be playing reserve grade then it's just more proof you Knights fans know jack sh*t.
Because it was quoted all over our media. The newcastle media have a habit of reporting every little detail about the knights, joey sneezes and its on the front paper. More than one source put it over 100k. I am inclined to believe it.

As for Todd Lowrie, you only have to look at the coach for where hes gonna play next year. Hagan is the master of keeping dud players in positions (Sean Rudder, George Carmont, Justin Ryder, Todd Lowrie, Regan Tanner for some) so I dont expect it to be any different at parra. Look at our record over the past few years and you will see hagan has destroyed the team. We have gone from being first to dead last, and its only because of Joey that this year we are doing any good.

Brian Smith: Choker, 20 years coaching and he's won jack sh*t!
Michael Hagan: Premiership in his first year,given to him by warren ryan and his side is always NOTwell prepared for big games.
HAHAHAHAHA..... you forgot to add this

every semi final weve had since 01 weve choked.... I dont call that being mentally prepared

Angry_eel

First Grade
we want a premiership, we don't care how we get it. yous have a problem with hagan cause u're a one man team. its never going to happen at parra, we aren't a one man team.

Parki

Bench
we want a premiership, we don't care how we get it. yous have a problem with hagan cause u're a one man team. its never going to happen at parra, we aren't a one man team.

1986 wasnt it? you keep chasing that rainbow

well take our one man team to the premiership thanks..

*edit* and no, before you fire up, hagan wont take us there....it will be off the back of that one beautiful player, which im totally fine with. Like you, i want another premiership. I dont care how i get it. Hagan is the 1 thing that stands between the knights and glory this year, and i cant wait to see him go TBH

Angry_eel

First Grade
Parki said:
1986 wasnt it? you keep chasing that rainbow

well take our one man team to the premiership thanks..

*edit* and no, before you fire up, hagan wont take us there....it will be off the back of that one beautiful player, which im totally fine with. Like you, i want another premiership. I dont care how i get it. Hagan is the 1 thing that stands between the knights and glory this year, and i cant wait to see him go TBH
wait a year son, i will quote you when you will say sh*t about smith. smith is one those coaches, he's good but supporters hate him.

you wanna know a perfect example. The tread starter loves the team but hated smith.

Parki

Bench
wait a year son, i will quote you when you will say sh*t about smith. smith is one those coaches, he's good but supporters hate him.

Weve had Hagan. Joe Blow from Umina under 8s could do a better job that he has done. If Smith manages to do any worse, ill happily walk down parramatta mall waving a "you were right i was wrong banner" because i dont think it will happen

Angry_eel

First Grade
Parki said:
Weve had Hagan. Joe Blow from Umina under 8s could do a better job that he has done. If Smith manages to do any worse, ill happily walk down parramatta mall waving a "you were right i was wrong banner" because i dont think it will happen
The way i see it, Newy has had problem on and off field. Hagan isn't to blame for it. but a person who can put pearson and kusto at half had got to be f**ked.

Harold Bishop

Juniors
Angry_eel said:
The way i see it, Newy has had problem on and off field. Hagan isn't to blame for it. but a person who can put pearson and kusto at half had got to be f**ked.
Lol did Brian Smith really play Corey Pearson at half? or is that bs?

Angry_eel

First Grade
Harold Bishop said:
Lol did Brian Smith really play Corey Pearson at half? or is that bs?
Believe it or Not, BrainDead Smith played pearson at half. even pearson started beliveing he was a half.

mickdo

Coach
Angry_eel said:
Believe it or Not, BrainDead Smith played pearson at half. even pearson started beliveing he was a half.
Just hurts my head to even think about that again :x