What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Smith v Hagan - who is Mr Popular?

stuke

Bench
after the year we went through last year, and everyone and their dog laying the boot in - this is quite satisfying to look back on as a knights fan.

a lot of the people that were laying the boot in last year were Knights fans.

all the experts who were calling into Harley and writing to the Newcastle Herald...lol even 'Gunning for Panthers' who was supporting the Panthers.....but they are all back onside now.

perverse

Referee
a lot of the people that were laying the boot in last year were Knights fans.

all the experts who were calling into Harley and writing to the Newcastle Herald...lol even 'Gunning for Panthers' who was supporting the Panthers.....but they are all back onside now.
oh my GOD you're so right! i particularly remember a certain 8 year old girl writing the club a letter...

:lol:

perverse

Referee
0,,5622073,00.jpg

http://www.news.com.au/dailytelegraph/story/0,22049,22291264-5001023,00.html

OH MY GOD! THE FANS ARE REVOLTING!!

stuke

Bench
oh my GOD you're so right! i particularly remember a certain 8 year old girl writing the club a letter...

:lol:

yep...that was a complete and utter joke.

for the true Knights fans, you can be very proud of what your team is achieving this year and the passion that they display. a massive turn around to what has been on display over the past previous seasons.

perverse

Referee
yep...that was a complete and utter joke.

for the true Knights fans, you can be very proud of what your team is achieving this year and the passion that they display. a massive turn around to what has been on display over the past previous seasons.
we are proud mate. in fact i'm absolutely stoked. stoked with the new signings. stoked with the attitude at the club. stoked with the team selections. stoked with the game plans.

stoked with brian smith.

perverse

Referee
that was gutter journalism in the most purest form i have seen.
trash mags wouldn't sink that low.
if you can pick up a todays telegraph they have done a very similar article for souths at the moment. i couldn't find an online version when i came to work this morning.. but gee it was funny. funny and pathetic.

perverse

Referee
:sarcasm:

Geez, I'm embarrassed, he's been so successful at Newcastle. How could we be so wrong?!?!
knocking over competition heavyweights and competing in every game we've played in? miles above what hagen is achieving out in sydneys west at the moment :lol:.

but really, you shouldn't be embarrassed about being wrong about smith... yet anyway. that job is only nearly half done. what you should be embarrassed about is your teams general lack of interest and piss poor performances on the field. isn't that what hagen is best at? getting the most out of his players and giving them the right attitude?

i know which team is on the way up and which team is on the way down... the question is, do you? you sure as hell don't seem to.

Apey

Staff member
lolwotjs3.png

Blatantly.

Way too early to be getting cocky, however as a Knights fan you can't be unhappy right now. Whereas, the Parra forum.. :sarcasm:

Jobdog

Live Update Team
You should be a politician mate, that's the biggest load of sh*t I've read :lol:.
You know what the biggest sh*t is that I've read? It's what I've just quoted for the uninitiated. What the funniest part is though, is that as much as I love the Knights, when we compare player rosters, the Eels should be streets ahead of the Knights. The funniest thing yet though, is that Hagan has somehow managed to get a team who should be consistently in the top 4 running 10th as it is right now :lol:

Misty Bee

First Grade
Geez, if the knights are so good, how come the last team to FLOG you got abused by their coach for not trying?

Actually, Hagen got a team who struggled to make the semis in the last 5 years to within half a strip of sideline paint of a GF appearance. Smith is riding high - 4 months short of the semis and he's actually won a few games.

Still, he couldn't beat that completely terrible coach Hagan in their last meeting.

badav

Bench
Geez, if the knights are so good, how come the last team to FLOG you got abused by their coach for not trying?

Actually, Hagen got a team who struggled to make the semis in the last 5 years to within half a strip of sideline paint of a GF appearance. Smith is riding high - 4 months short of the semis and he's actually won a few games.

Still, he couldn't beat that completely terrible coach Hagan in their last meeting.

Musty Pee

You say that its a good thing that comps aren't won in May. Its funny that someone who uses this statement would then harp on about how well a coach did for their team in a previous year, where they didnt win the comp mind you either.

Parramatta arent going anywhere this year.They are every bit as much premiership contenders as souths.

Jobdog

Live Update Team

Flog? :lol:

If you mean the 38-26 loss to the Tigers, when was the last time a team got beaten by 12 were deemed to have been flogged?

If you mean the 18-4 loss to Melbourne at Olympic Park where we kept them scoreless for 52 minutes as a flogging and the 14-point margin at the end a flogging then I guess we'll see a lot of "floggings" at Olympic Park this year :crazy:

Bazal

Post Whore
Flog? :lol:

If you mean the 38-26 loss to the Tigers, when was the last time a team got beaten by 12 were deemed to have been flogged?

If you mean the 18-4 loss to Melbourne at Olympic Park where we kept them scoreless for 52 minutes as a flogging and the 14-point margin at the end a flogging then I guess we'll see a lot of "floggings" at Olympic Park this year :crazy:

Shut up JD, we both know Hagan is better than Smithy...just look at the Eels forum for proof :sarcasm:

Jobdog

Live Update Team
And using the 12-14 points as a basis of a flogging :)lol:) then the Eels have suffered 3 floggings this year along with the Knights 3 :crazy:

But yeah, the Eels are in better shape :sarcasm:

Loudstrat

Coach
Musty Pee

You say that its a good thing that comps aren't won in May. Its funny that someone who uses this statement would then harp on about how well a coach did for their team in a previous year, where they didnt win the comp mind you either.

Parramatta arent going anywhere this year.They are every bit as much premiership contenders as souths.

Difference is, Hagan was still well and truly in the running to be the premiership winning coach with 90m of the 2007 season left.

If you thing that is worse than wobbling around the bottom of the top 8 3 months out from the semis.....

Hanscholo

Bench
Glad to see the flow of morons coming out of Newcastle hasn't slowed down at all.

They think Smithy is the messiah, I read in their forum all the players that will improve under his coaching. Which I find funny because after he paid about $300k for Aaron Cannings, he went from one of the brightest foward prospects to a bum in a year.

And I'd like to know how you'd know how much the Eels paid for Lowrie? And why you think he will be our five-eighth? We just re-signed a very bright five-eighth prospect in Blake Green and are chasing Scott Hill so unless you think they'll be playing reserve grade then it's just more proof you Knights fans know jack sh*t.

Brian Smith: Choker, 20 years coaching and he's won jack sh*t!
Michael Hagan: Premiership in his first year, and his side is always well prepared for big games.

But don't let me (or the facts) stop you from hailing Smithy, the new messiah of Newcastle.

lol im glad someone bumped this...Still got something to say do you?