What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Smith v Hagan - who is Mr Popular?

Ranger Jace

Juniors
Ron Jeremy said:
They're the points i'm arguing, tell me would i be so wrong to believe the above?

Wow, 10 or so pages of garbage, you must be bored.

Well you don't really do a good job of arguing those points do ya.

Personally, I can't be stuffed to argue with you about the 10 pages of drool you just spat out cause your probably one of those poeple that have your computer as your soul mate in life.

I like to read these forums to see what poeple's opinions are on particular issues. Most poeple's posts are worth reading but there is a small number of poeple who aren't worth reading and you head that list by a mile(and yes don't try to argue that point cause I won't even reply, your just a waste of web space). Seriously you are rediculous, get over it or come back to this thread in a few years time.

Ron Jeremy

Coach
badav said:
not watching your team win a premiership for over 20 years has a severly detrimental affect on your sanity and mind.

case in point
- all sharks fans
- misty bee
- ron jeremy

:|

Anyway as i was saying, these are the points i'm arguing and i wont be changing them. So get use to it:D

- Smith is a very good coach tactically, however has struggled for coaching since rule changes in 2002

-Smith will create a different playing style for Newcastle in the years to come, however to say it will be better with the current rules etc that remains a mystery

- Hagan shouldn't be totally blamed for Newcastles demise in 2005 due to a huge injury toll which again is occuring this year. Hagan shouldn't be blamed also for loosing players to retain Johns, Burderus, Simpson, Gildlies etc

- To win a GF you have to be a very good coach and have the right supporting staff to accomodate this. As Jack gibson said it all starts with the front office.

- Hagan 2001 achievement was the result of his own coaching not ryan.

Ron Jeremy

Coach
Ranger Jace said:
Wow, 10 or so pages of garbage, you must be bored.

Well you don't really do a good job of arguing those points do ya.

Personally, I can't be stuffed to argue with you about the 10 pages of drool you just spat out cause your probably one of those poeple that have your computer as your soul mate in life.

I like to read these forums to see what poeple's opinions are on particular issues. Most poeple's posts are worth reading but there is a small number of poeple who aren't worth reading and you head that list by a mile(and yes don't try to argue that point cause I won't even reply, your just a waste of web space). Seriously you are rediculous, get over it or come back to this thread in a few years time.

:lol: then f**k off then and dont post in here:lol:

Couldn't really give a sh*t what you or your 11 or so posts think:lol:

Ron Jeremy

Coach
Misty Bee said:
If that's the case Badav then you must support Glebe.

Hey Misty, my blinkers need replacing, i think i've overused them hey....

Fancy me thinking that Newcastles 2005 year was attributed to poor coaching not the injuries. And the wins for Newcastle between 2001-2006 was because of Johns, but the losses were because of Hagan.

Or Hagan won a GF on his own merrit

I'm so so wrong.

Misty Bee

First Grade
Btrian Smith obviously had the genuis GF game plan. Must have been Hagan that stole it. He crossed out all the words spelled "H-I-N-D-Y" and replaced them with "BK" :lol:

Ron Jeremy

Coach
Misty Bee said:
Btrian Smith obviously had the genuis GF game plan. Must have been Hagan that stole it. He crossed out all the words spelled "H-I-N-D-Y" and replaced them with "BK" :lol:

:lol: I cannot believe this hasn't been brought up Misty!!!!!!!! you're right!!! Hagan stole Smiths game plan. Damn Hagan pfftt:roll:

goboggo

Juniors
Ron Jeremy said:
:|

Anyway as i was saying, these are the points i'm arguing and i wont be changing them. So get use to it:D

Precisely why you're aren't worth debating.

To me the internet is a good place to read people's thoughts, get ideas, and maybe change your own. A nice debate helps that. But you don't listen, or - by the looks of it- even think at all.

You win debates by a constant and dogged refusal to back down. That doesn't mean you are right. It's just that normal people get tired of talking in circles day after day.

You might feel the need to 'beat' the Knights fans who said that their 01 victory was because of Ryan, or that they got the better of the coach swap, but that doesn't make your all the things you say about Brian Smith right. I know you are going to ask me to point out where you are wrong, but we've been through that and it's boring.

As for me - and I've already said this to you before too - I haven't concentrated on Hagan because my 'agenda' here has simply been to set straight some of the things that happened at our club - I'm simply not interested in a sh*tfight about who is a 'better' coach. They both have different styles, and I have been involved in some very interesting conversations with Parra fans about the different ways their teams perform, both on the net and in 'real life'. Unfortunately, interesting conversation and you are two mutually exclusive ideas.

At least St. Brett is funny.

goboggo

Juniors
Misty Bee said:
Goboggo, I accept your points in post 152, except the one about Wagon. Smith is on record saying that about the financial responsibility of keeping high paid players out of reserve grade.
Well that's quite bizarre. I don't remember hearing that. Are you sure the context was right, and he wasn't actually saying that it was his responsibility to keep good players performing, or something like that?

I find it hard to imagine any coach would keep a player in 1sts simply because he is being paid more than someone else.

Ron Jeremy

Coach
goboggo said:
Precisely why you're aren't worth debating.

To me the internet is a good place to read people's thoughts, get ideas, and maybe change your own. A nice debate helps that. But you don't listen, or - by the looks of it- even think at all.

You win debates by a constant and dogged refusal to back down. That doesn't mean you are right. It's just that normal people get tired of talking in circles day after day.

You might feel the need to 'beat' the Knights fans who said that their 01 victory was because of Ryan, or that they got the better of the coach swap, but that doesn't make your all the things you say about Brian Smith right. I know you are going to ask me to point out where you are wrong, but we've been through that and it's boring.

As for me - and I've already said this to you before too - I haven't concentrated on Hagan because my 'agenda' here has simply been to set straight some of the things that happened at our club - I'm simply not interested in a sh*tfight about who is a 'better' coach. They both have different styles, and I have been involved in some very interesting conversations with Parra fans about the different ways their teams perform, both on the net and in 'real life'. Unfortunately, interesting conversation and you are two mutually exclusive ideas.

At least St. Brett is funny.

lol when have i said that Hagan was better? never have nor will I ever. I'm exposing some myths about Hagan coaching, and as for Smith i've acknowledged his input into Parramatta..which wasn't all bad.

If Newcastle fans are willing to say that Hagan won the GF on his own merrits and that he was hardly the sole reason for Newcastles 2005 season then i'm happy to end this debate, if not? then i have know other option to keep on going as i simply cannot accept the current rationale from the majority of them on this board.

Both coaches have good and bad points, both have potential to win a GF or more, both have made mistakes in the past and probably in the future but thats life and the way they overcome that will show how good they are at coaching.

Misty Bee

First Grade
goboggo said:
Well that's quite bizarre. I don't remember hearing that. Are you sure the context was right, and he wasn't actually saying that it was his responsibility to keep good players performing, or something like that?

I find it hard to imagine any coach would keep a player in 1sts simply because he is being paid more than someone else.

Smithy actually stated that he had an obligation to the club to keep higher paid players who were underperforming OUT of PL except in the last resort. The use of other motivators or problem solving techniques should be employed first, I remember his saying.

I assume that it would have reflected poorly on his player management and purchasing to have his PL side and his FG side costing the same money.

voltron

Juniors
Misty Bee said:
Smithy actually stated that he had an obligation to the club to keep higher paid players who were underperforming OUT of PL except in the last resort. The use of other motivators or problem solving techniques should be employed first, I remember his saying.

I assume that it would have reflected poorly on his player management and purchasing to have his PL side and his FG side costing the same money.

wow thats pretty interesting
good thing he isnt sticking to that kind of thinking in regards to reynoldson

but Ron one thing i dont understand about ur arguments is about 2005
u atribute that as an abberation, and all because of injury
but this year, our injury toll has been probably worse or at least similar, but u attribute it to smith
and everyone knows wat a BIG difference Johns makes to the team.
and he played the entire latter half on 2005,
and this season he played a total 81.5 minutes......

perverse

Referee
Ron Jeremy said:
lol when have i said that Hagan was better? never have nor will I ever. I'm exposing some myths about Hagan coaching, and as for Smith i've acknowledged his input into Parramatta..which wasn't all bad.

If Newcastle fans are willing to say that Hagan won the GF on his own merrits and that he was hardly the sole reason for Newcastles 2005 season then i'm happy to end this debate, if not? then i have know other option to keep on going as i simply cannot accept the current rationale from the majority of them on this board.

Both coaches have good and bad points, both have potential to win a GF or more, both have made mistakes in the past and probably in the future but thats life and the way they overcome that will show how good they are at coaching.
lol wow.. someones tune just changed. i believe i had extremely similar sentiments not 2 pages back in this thread and was ridiculed by yourself ron. my opinion of you and your debating "skills" just rose from "dogsh!t stuck in the grooves of my shoes" to "mouldy toenail clippings".

your red herrings and constant dribble are worth no-ones time. i'll remember this thread come this time next year.

voltron - don't try to make sense to RJ - he doesn't even acknowledge the existance of one Andrew Johns unless he can twist it to his agenda. he is a merkin of the highest order. i don't think there is a smith bashing thread that he hasn't defiled with his illogical garbage.

Ron Jeremy

Coach
perverse said:
lol wow.. someones tune just changed. i believe i had extremely similar sentiments not 2 pages back in this thread and was ridiculed by yourself ron. my opinion of you and your debating "skills" just rose from "dogsh!t stuck in the grooves of my shoes" to "mouldy toenail clippings".

your red herrings and constant dribble are worth no-ones time. i'll remember this thread come this time next year.

voltron - don't try to make sense to RJ - he doesn't even acknowledge the existance of one Andrew Johns unless he can twist it to his agenda. he is a merkin of the highest order. i don't think there is a smith bashing thread that he hasn't defiled with his illogical garbage.

Yeah dribble and blinkers are a bad combination, must have learnt it from your posts which detail plenty of verbal sh*t, and a smigent of camals spoof, lethal.

nice personal attack :lol: i can fart out better insults then that. And i dont think there is a Hagan thread which consisted off your illogical garbage tbh.

Keep the insults going, couldn't give a flying f**k

2005 and this year? 2005 atleast showed that they had fight and passion for Newcastle with a patched up side all year. Up untill SOO this year Newcastle (apart from Johns) had pretty much a full strength side with Mullen & Walsh compensating for Johns, and not bad replacements either considering ones already an SOO rep. This year has showed that once Burderus went so did Newcastle big time, more so then when Joey went in previous years, just look at the margins of the losses and that says it all.

2006, 07 had better personal then 2005. Still alot of the same players from both years but the emergence of Walsh, McManus etc combined with te maturity of Mullen has made them a better outfit imo.

And who said i've changed my tune:? all i stated was what i've always stated you anus, and that i'll keep going until you acknowledge the points i made a few posts ago. Do you understand that?

Changing my tune:lol: like f**k i am!

perverse

Referee
Ron Jeremy said:
Yeah dribble and blinkers are a bad combination, must have learnt it from your posts which detail plenty of verbal sh*t, and a smigent of camals spoof, lethal.

nice personal attack :lol: i can fart out better insults then that. And i dont think there is a Hagan thread which consisted off your illogical garbage tbh.

Keep the insults going, couldn't give a flying f**k

2005 and this year? 2005 atleast showed that they had fight and passion for Newcastle with a patched up side all year. Up untill SOO this year Newcastle (apart from Johns) had pretty much a full strength side with Mullen & Walsh compensating for Johns, and not bad replacements either considering ones already an SOO rep. This year has showed that once Burderus went so did Newcastle big time, more so then when Joey went in previous years, just look at the margins of the losses and that says it all.

2006, 07 had better personal then 2005. Still alot of the same players from both years but the emergence of Walsh, McManus etc combined with te maturity of Mullen has made them a better outfit imo.

And who said i've changed my tune:? all i stated was what i've always stated you anus, and that i'll keep going until you acknowledge the points i made a few posts ago. Do you understand that?

Changing my tune:lol: like f**k i am!
more garbage...

you've been shown up in this thread more times than i can be bothered counting.. and yet you keep coming back for more with the same recycled garbage.

you're right - there isn't a hagen thread with my "illogical garbage" (nice steal moron).. because i'm better than that. i don't want (or need) to dwell on the past and bag hagen - because i think his style of coaching can take parra to the next level if he's only allowed a short stint at the club.

mullen and walsh compensating for johns? are you HIGH? it would take 20 mullens and walshes at this stage in their careers to compensate for johns. even then they'd fall short.

oh god here i go again getting swept up into your circus... i really hate it when people bring up ill feelings of parramatta fans regarding 2001 (it's such a cheap shot).. but sometimes i do wonder if some of those wounds aren't quite healed yet.

come on mr big show - fart some magic insults at me... i'm all ears.

Ron Jeremy

Coach
perverse said:
more garbage...

Funny you keep responding?

you've been shown up in this thread more times than i can be bothered counting.. and yet you keep coming back for more with the same recycled garbage.

Show me where?

you're right - there isn't a hagen thread with my "illogical garbage" (nice steal moron).. because i'm better than that.

A steal?:lol: i used your line just to piss you off dickhead. And it worked, you can have it:lol:

i don't want (or need) to dwell on the past and bag hagen - because i think his style of coaching can take parra to the next level if he's only allowed a short stint at the club.

Atleast you make an attempt to debate properly...

mullen and walsh compensating for johns? are you HIGH? it would take 20 mullens and walshes at this stage in their careers to compensate for johns. even then they'd fall short.

:lol: :lol: but Wally was better? and the Gold Coast done well after his exit...lol

Please, what a stupid statement. Joey was a legend yes but teams move on and players come up to take the mantle, what made Johns so great was his consistency over a period of time, and Joey hardly looked at his best in which he has come out and stated that he was probably going to retire anyway because of his form lol

oh god here i go again getting swept up into your circus... i really hate it when people bring up ill feelings of parramatta fans regarding 2001 (it's such a cheap shot).. but sometimes i do wonder if some of those wounds aren't quite healed yet.

Yeah there healed, didn't feel too bad loosing to Newcastle tbh. Was over it the next day.

Lame

What a load of sh*t!

Well stop talking

perverse

Referee
a couple of my favourite snippets:
By the way, I notice Super Smithy hasn't signed anyone yet, seems he can't do anything more than Hagan could. Be sure to bump this post up when you lot are calling for Smithy's head next year.
LOL!
Hagan, who won premierships as a player and a coach, obviously knows nothing.
yep, pretty spot on there. funny, isn't it?
Yep i agree, but as i said the lack of passion at the club is worse then anything under Hagan, just ask Burderus.
rofl. which team is playing with more passion again?
Hagan has done a good job with us this year and blooded many capable juniors in a rebuilding year for us.
still feeling all warm and fuzzy inside RJ?

i apologise... i just couldn't help myself. all the league experts in this thread praising hagen.. it's just too much..

after the year we went through last year, and everyone and their dog laying the boot in - this is quite satisfying to look back on as a knights fan.