What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

So is anyone going to actually show up next weekend?

Eelementary

Post Whore
I know what you mean. I could spend hours arguin/debating about the Eels and defending them to idiots from other areas of LU. And I occasionally :)sarcasm: ) get out of control. Damn Eels. Giving me so much happiness and yet so much misery.

Ron Jeremy

Coach
Yep, not a good thing, but that's why i think i should close my account and not post, it's very hard not to reply to certain threads though, i'd totally forget about LU all together, concentrate on the real issues of life, not just a hobby.

Suitman

Post Whore
Ron Jeremy said:
i take it very seriously, too seriously actually.....it's that bad i dreamt about Feleti scoring on Sunday night and dream alot about Parramatta and results, i have to learn to interupt the dreams though, there's meaning there.

Getting that bad not that i'm actually considering closing my account with LU, yep, had enough. My studies have been affected by it and tbh i get very intense whilst arguring on the board and doesn't matter how long it takes to settle a dispute with me, not a good thing when i have alot more important things going on in my life eg exam tomorrow, moving next week, keeping my friends happy by visiting them like wise my familiy who all live away from Central Coast.

Don't go anywhere Ronny.
The place wouldn't be the same without you.

Suity

JessEel

Accredited Media Releases
Tizzun said:
Haha, win by 40! I'm predicting Justin Hodges alone will score more points than the whole Parra team. Sunday is Fathers day so I will be with my father and avoiding the footy at all costs.

your choice i guess, but if those of us that do go get to witness the best game of footy the eels have put together all season, it will be your loss!

Im not saying they will, and realistically they won't, but footy is a funny sport, and if you don't get out there and support your team (whether it be at home on tele, at the game, or on the radio) you miss out on the highs, with the lows...

JessEel

Accredited Media Releases
Also don't get me wrong with the "taking it less seriously" comment, I'm as passionate as anyone here, and i live and breath and bleed blue and gold.
It's that passion that gets me through the week, i wait for those moments to really feel apart of something huge.

BUT... i go to the games with good good friends of mine, and together, if things get back, we'll have a drink, have a laugh, and not take the results too much to heart. If i sunk into deep depression everytime we lost a game, i would own alot of my chemical romance CD's and wear alot of black, cos we lose alot!

That thing that im apart of is the community, the fans at the game, the fans on this forum, the players and staff of the club, thats what i love!

[/end jess's "over-the-top" rant about passion]

eelz47

Coach
JessEel said:
Also don't get me wrong with the "taking it less seriously" comment, I'm as passionate as anyone here, and i live and breath and bleed blue and gold.
It's that passion that gets me through the week, i wait for those moments to really feel apart of something huge.

BUT... i go to the games with good good friends of mine, and together, if things get back, we'll have a drink, have a laugh, and not take the results too much to heart. If i sunk into deep depression everytime we lost a game, i would own alot of my chemical romance CD's and wear alot of black, cos we lose alot!

That thing that im apart of is the community, the fans at the game, the fans on this forum, the players and staff of the club, thats what i love!

[/end jess's "over-the-top" rant about passion]

"this game isnt about me, it aint about you either. its about the people, being part of something they love................."

that sums it up hey jess ;-)

Stagger eel

Staff member
I miss going to the footy and i miss being with mates however unfortunately I can't be there on sunday due to family comittments but I wouldn't rule out a drink at the R and C on sunday night.

it's been a funny old time for me personally, i've been on an emotional rollercoaster for the past few weeks but this board and watching replays of the game has atleast kept me a little sane, eventhough our performances have been ordinary.

have fun on sunday guys.

Suitman

Post Whore
eelavation said:
I miss going to the footy and i miss being with mates however unfortunately I can't be there on sunday due to family comittments but I wouldn't rule out a drink at the R and C on sunday night.

it's been a funny old time for me personally, i've been on an emotional rollercoaster for the past few weeks but this board and watching replays of the game has atleast kept me a little sane, eventhough our performances have been ordinary.

have fun on sunday guys.

Hopefully, we can share a beer on Sunday night.
Not the same one of course. :cool:

Suity

The Engineers Room

First Grade
Being a supporter means that you will have ups and downs. I think this year has overall been an up but the last few weeks weren't good. I don't care if we win another premiership as long as the team is out there and playing good footy. I want them to stop trying to win ugly and play some footy.

Eelementary

Post Whore
I hope you're OK, mate.

And Jess - I didn't mean to imply you weren't as nutso as the rest of us Eels-wise. :eek:

Kornstar

Coach
JessEel said:
the trick is to take it just a little bit less seriously! have fun watching footy instead of treating it as life and death! its the secret to long life!

Seriously, i enjoy the stress, after the Dragons game i said some dumb thigs about giving up, i was just shattered, after the Melbourne game it took me like 4 days to get over it. But i love it!!! It is all part of the ride.....it is frustrating, it is happiness, it is painful, it is everything about it.....to me it is life and death and i wouldn't have it any other way :D

Tizzun

Juniors
JessEel said:
your choice i guess, but if those of us that do go get to witness the best game of footy the eels have put together all season, it will be your loss!

Im not saying they will, and realistically they won't, but footy is a funny sport, and if you don't get out there and support your team (whether it be at home on tele, at the game, or on the radio) you miss out on the highs, with the lows...

:( Sorry I missed it now... :(

V1er

Juniors
I was suprised that they got as much as 17,000, with the last 3 weeks i thought alot of people wouldnt turn up but thankfully the fans stuck behind them.

newmanj

Juniors
One of my most enjoyable days at Parra Stadium in the 21 seasons i have been going there.

Latest posts