What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

So Its Round 5. Does Ivan Stay Or Go

Meth

Staff member
Failed footballer, failed forumner. Failure is the story of your life Hoe. No wonder you are so edgy

Dirty Hoe

Juniors
yeah i was going too...yep i was...get off your high horse.

state of you saying i failed as a player because why? cause i didnt play nrl? i played the game because i love it and i continue to play the game i love. i wont play nrl, but im still playing, to me thats far from failing at it. thats just a typical couch nrl supporter thing to say, no respect for the local stuff at all. infact why dont you go down to addington and watch some local stuff, maybe you could start a local canterbury thread? or is that comp just full of failures, not worthy of the scum under your shoes? :roll:

Meth

Staff member
yeah i was going too...yep i was...get off your high horse.

state of you saying i failed as a player because why? cause i didnt play nrl? i played the game because i love it and i continue to play the game i love. i wont play nrl, but im still playing, to me thats far from failing at it. thats just a typical couch nrl supporter thing to say, no respect for the local stuff at all. infact why dont you go down to addington and watch some local stuff, maybe you could start a local canterbury thread? or is that comp just full of failures, not worthy of the scum under your shoes? :roll:

I have no contempt for the local competition- just for people like you who have their head jammed so far up their arse that they could give themselves a visual prostate examination

ozbash

Referee
Clubs the Hoe has played for
TE ATATU ROOSTERS (Auckland Fox)
MACKSVILLE SEA EAGLES (NSW Group 2)
GUILDFORD LEAGUES (Sydney Metro Cup)
NORTHCOTE TIGERS (Auckland Fox)
OLD BAR BEACH PIRATES (NSW Group 3)
LISMORE MARIST BROTHERS (NSW Northern Rivers)
MURWILLUMBAH MUSTANGS (NSW Northern Rivers)
NORTHS DEVILS (QLD Cup/Fogs Cup)
MOSSMAN PORT DOUGLAS (Cairns)
CAIRNS BROTHERS (Cairns)
PARKES SPACEMEN (NSW Group 11)
NORTHERN RAIDERS (Brisbane 2nd Div)

Hoe, bro.
If the mighty Mangere East Hawkes or the even mightier Otahuhu Leopards was on that list, I would be calling you the Messiah.

How long ago at the sometimes mighty Northcote Tigers ?

Drzoidberg

Juniors
Honestly, 5 matches into the season its really hard to pin point the factor/factors that have helped us "turn this apperent corner" (not forgetting we are ONLY 5 games into the season). Dont go placing bets on premierships or kiwi starting positions.

Obvious factors: New halfback which amazingly doesnt have to be first receiver ALL the time.

Kicking game, not just down field or bomb to Manu.

Attitude, new year, new season. Positive mind set, clean slate, fresh thinking on Iro's part.

The Hart factor

Attack........sh*t never knew we had one of those, dont you love repeat sets of six. The Warriors got taught to grubber!

Forwards going forward.

Defense, sh*t notice how we arent jumping in panic with 2 forwards to help our smallest player tackle everytime thus leaving 1 sometimes 2 man overlaps having teams score a thousand points down one side and the centre,wing and sometimes backrower copping the blame.

Pressure to perform/lax attitude thinking you got it in the bag then being found out.

Failing to prepare is preparing to fail.

We seem to be playing footy as a team so far AFTER 5 ROUNDS.

The thread topic is does Ives stay or go?

The answer is stay, you would be an idiot to fire a coach (unless your Ricky at the Sharks) after 3 2 start with 2 away victories, nice way to bring the negative approach back, in it?

And plus what would it prove?

Meth

Staff member
Definitely the attitude and enthusiasm on display in 2010 is a big plus- it's hard to pinpoint where that has come from though

Iafeta

Referee
ok, are you saying its not any of the above ?

Iro has nothing to do with the current show of form ?

what are you saying ?

why arnt we sh*t like 09 ?

I would have thought it's pretty obvious. If Cleary was the guy who should cop it for last year, then surely he's the guy who should be commended this year (so far).

Dr Crane

Live Update Team
I would have thought it's pretty obvious. If Cleary was the guy who should cop it for last year, then surely he's the guy who should be commended this year (so far).
as an australian i don't think cleary is allowed to do good things for the warriors.

Skinner

Coach
Fellas, at this time last season they were 2/5. This year they are 3/5.

The delta is not nearly great enough to even warrant discussion on what has made
the "difference". The difference at this stage is f**k all.

Dirty Hoe

Juniors
probably more so comes down to the opposition we have beaten...a weakened broncos, an out of form bulldogs and a woeful cronulla

ozbash

Referee
last year we won 2 games away. so far (rd 5) we have won 2 games away. That is an indication that there has been a fairly substantial change of attitude,, somewhere.

The difference this season is Maloney, new fullback, new captain/s, no Pricey, new assistant coach.

We have basically the same team who performed dismally last year apart from #7 and Tates return.

I think Iro has forced Ivan to up his game, and I also think we are better off without Price as a player and cptain.