What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

So Its Round 5. Does Ivan Stay Or Go

ozbash

Referee
Shows the vendetta was pre-existing.

Why the chip on the shoulder? He's done more for the Warriors than 99% of other players.

lol, bullsh*t.

shows I,m capable of forming an opinion without the help of skytv commentaters or getting sucked in by OneTribe TV.

Dirty Hoe

Juniors
lol, bullsh*t.

shows I,m capable of forming an opinion without the help of skytv commentaters or getting sucked in by OneTribe TV.

thats quite the statement right there. i think a big percentage use what they hear from the commentators or what they read and reword it as their own opinion. from there they build up an unbased opinion from what someone else thinks.
youve been watching footy for far too long ozbash...you would certainly see the game in a different way to the average fan who has come on board since the warriors have been around. league can be a simple game, but when you get down to it, its actually a very complex game. the average couchie will use stats as a measure of a players performance, but that is only one aspect of the game. you are a silly old man, but i can see where you come from. and its good to have an unbiased opinion from a man who has been around nz footy for as long as you have. sadly the couchies have no respect for those who are 'true' leagies. too many followers, not enough leaders

Manu Vatuvei

Coach
Blaming Price for anything is silly. The standard of his performances for us have been extraordinary.

He has been injury prone throughout his stay with us- he missed a number of games in 2005, 2008, 2009 and 2010. That's a real shame, but I think you'd be showing a pretty bad lack of league nous (even if you're a true leaguie like Hoe or ozbash) if you couldn't see the quality of Price's performances, even last year. Honestly, the biggest problem with Price has simply been injury and unavailability, and it all came to a head last year because he was 35, injured more than normal, and the team sucked- it was easy to then just sort of assume that Price must be fading. As Meth said, I don't think Price ever had a bad game though.

Drzoidberg

Juniors
lol, bullsh*t.

Nah mate dont lie Oz, you did have a pre-exsisting vendetta!

He's Australian, you just need to look as far as his username plus all the F.O clubs........all australians.

Remember Fien was a load of crap then he went to the Dragons and got praise. :lol:

Dirty Hoe

Juniors
Blaming Price for anything is silly. The standard of his performances for us have been extraordinary.

He has been injury prone throughout his stay with us- he missed a number of games in 2005, 2008, 2009 and 2010. That's a real shame, but I think you'd be showing a pretty bad lack of league nous (even if you're a true leaguie like Hoe or ozbash) if you couldn't see the quality of Price's performances, even last year. Honestly, the biggest problem with Price has simply been injury and unavailability, and it all came to a head last year because he was 35, injured more than normal, and the team sucked- it was easy to then just sort of assume that Price must be fading. As Meth said, I don't think Price ever had a bad game though.

ozbash has a problem with the extreme money for price and the game time,efficiency and quality of that game time.
dont bring me into this, i havent said that price has been bad, of course hes been top quality as always. unlike others, i was trying to see it from ozbash end of things. from his end, his opinion is justified and i can see where he is coming from.

Manu Vatuvei

Coach
ozbash has a problem with the extreme money for price and the game time,efficiency and quality of that game time.
dont bring me into this, i havent said that price has been bad, of course hes been top quality as always. unlike others, i was trying to see it from ozbash end of things. from his end, his opinion is justified and i can see where he is coming from.

lol well your comment about "true leaguies" was in the thread so I couldn't resist bringing it in.

ozbash's end of things is bagging out Australians and baiting people, pretty much. All good fun and good value mostly.

tbh I think Price has been fantastic as far as efficiency and game time for the weeks that he has actually been available, but it is soured a little by the games he has been unavailable for, absolutely.

ozbash

Referee

correct.

ozbash's end of things is bagging out Australians and baiting people, pretty much.

not so, I like most Aussies. What pisses me off is aussies like Fein, Webb who sing our national anthem, perform our haka in an attempt to get a better slice of the salary cap pie as an "international". These guys think that we are plan B (they know damned well they'd never crack the 'roos) and think we are 2nd best.

Pricey was great 08
Pricey was crap 09
Pricey wants to play Origin 2010. I sense a repeat of last years intense form the early part of this season and sfa after SOO selection.

ftr, ozbash does not equate to a desire to assault our aussie freinds although I love the trans Tasman rivalry (may it continue forever ! )

oz = Ozark Mountain Daredevils
Bash = The little red calabash

one of their songs, but it will be way before most of your time..

Last edited:

Iafeta

Referee

Yeah, the Price criticism is laughable at best. I know you can't judge everything on stats, but his figures last year were still very good and right up there with Petero as the best in the comp.

But, as Oz will tell ya, it's a conspiracy of some sort that he isn't yet in the team and I'm sure oz will also believe he won't be back in the team because of some Price led political wrangle. Apparently the moon landing was done in a Hollywood studio as well....

Latest posts