What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

So Milligan & Bird want to talk now...

Surely

Post Whore
your avoidance to answer only substantiates that you have a moralistic view

because if you didn't, you would have answered the question with a yes or no, as opposed to dodging it

as you said, 'simple isn't it'

Yes very simple it would depend on the circumstances, was it accidental, did he ever lay a hand on her prior to or after etc.

As you are talking hypothetically and it hasn't happened there are no circumstances to consider.

spider

Coach
As you are talking hypothetically and it hasn't happened there are no circumstances to consider.
ok, forget the hyperthetical since you wont answer

you support bird

you support men who disfigure women

in birds case it is not hyperthetical - as per the conviction

Drakken

Juniors
you didnt answer my question, yet wish me to answer yours

let me say firstly i coudn't give a tinkers cuss on whether bird plays in the NRL - im saying i wouldn't support or want him back at the club i support

you seem to wish to build a strawman on this view

to answer your question - yes inglis can play this weekend in my opinion

bird could play this weekend for all i care too

i just would not be a fan or support the grub if at the club i support

how about my question now, make my day and answer with a yes or no

Q - would you support bird as a fan if he disfigured your sister?

Is she your sister? If not then whats it matter to you? That would make it a personal issue with you. But since you weren't there and don't know what happened and aren't part of her family then who are you to judge? What will you say if his conviction is overturned??

spider

Coach
Is she your sister?
no
If not then whats it matter to you?
its a topic in a discussion board - funny that, or would you like the concept dumbed down

That would make it a personal issue with you.
no - see above
But since you weren't there and don't know what happened and aren't part of her family then who are you to judge?
ill express my view without the approval of a fence sitter thanks

but ftr i inject plenty of money into the club - season seats for the family, supporters merchandise, membership, wall of support, etc

i have every right to express what i think of a player in the team i support

without supporters and financial backers - there is no team

What will you say if his conviction is overturned??
the judge has been paid off

now drakken - do you have an opinion or will you just snipe at those who do have one?

maybe best if you continue to lead with your chin while you remove splinters from your ass?

Last edited:

Surely

Post Whore
no

the judge has been paid off

Or they got this judge

http://www.news.com.au/couriermail/story/0,23739,26150631-3102,00.html
Pizza crust used in attack

Article from:
October 01, 2009 12:00pm

A BUSKER assaulted a woman with a pizza crust after he believed she had treated him with disrespect, a court has heard.
In the District Court in Brisbane, Judge Marshall Irwin was dismissing an appeal by busker Terrence George Watson against his conviction for an assault which caused bodily harm to the woman in an inner Brisbane city street.

After a Magistrates Court summary trial Watson was found guilty and fined $450 in default six months jail.

The trial heard two versions of the assault on May 12, 2006.

The woman told the court she had been out with friends at a hotel and they left to buy a pizza shortly after midnight.

She was approached by a busker, playing a tamborine, who asked her for a donantion.

The woman told the court she twice refused to give him money and walked away before she left a pain in her back.

Police were called and they noted a 10cm cut on her back.

A witness alleged Watson had shoved the tamborine into her back.

However, Watson said he had been sitting near the pizza shop and the woman threw a pizza crust into his collection tray.

He said it upset him because people often vomited or urinated into his tray or stole money from it.

Watson said he got the pizza crust and pushed it into the woman's back telling her to look after her own rubbish.

The magistrate found he could not rely on the evidence Watson had assaulted the woman with the tamborine and found it was more likely it was a pizza crust.

He still found Warson had assaulted the woman and the small cut was bodily harm.

On appeal to the District Court, Watson maintained he had been provoked or at least was only guilty of common assault.

However, in a written judgment which became available today, Judge Irwin found Watson did not have a defence of provocation and the magistrate was correct in finding it was assault occassioning bodily harm.

He dismissed the appeal.

I love judges, they have such a realistic view of things.

Despite a witness saying he used a tamborine to inflict a 10cm cut in her back the judge doesn't believe it and reckons it was the pizza crust that caused the injury.

Fmd what a joke of a man :lol:

Drakken

Juniors
now drakken - do you have an opinion or will you just snipe at those who do have one?

maybe best if you continue to lead with your chin while you remove splinters from your ass?

I actually didn't think I was sniping at anyone and I thought I expressed my opinion when I said he shouldn't have been released in the first place. As for sitting on the fence, let me ask you, if it were your sister what would you have done?

Since 73

First Grade
you support bird

you support men who disfigure women
It isn't as cut and dried as that spider.

i don't support a lot of what NRL footballers do - legal and illegal - but that is the society we live in. From the bottom right to he very top individuals are hurting others and destroying lives in a tangible or intangible way.

We don't have to support the individual, but it could get to the stage where we wouldn't have a team, a comp or even a government.

I would have Bird back tomorrow - because to me the Sharks are a club i support - not a organistaion i hold up as something people should follow as a role model or a guide on how to live their life.

Obviously there's situations where you have to cut guys free and Fevola and Cousins are good examples of that.
But Bird got away with nothing - he went to court and will ultimately pay the price afforded by such.

We as a society can't ask any more than that.

There is also the point that he almost didn't get caught as he lied to cover his tracks.
If he had been successful we wouldn't be having this debate and we'd still be cheering hinm on non the wiser.

And perhaps he would be in a category that undoubtedly exists - those who have got away with it in the past and we have cheered them on non the wiser.

There's obviously the argument of 'what if she's your sister?'
And the one, "what if he's your brother?'

That is an emotional debate as those people are emotionally involved I don't tackle the issue from that perspective.

Drakken

Juniors
smashed the can't

Ha! You're dreamin'. He would mop the floor with you. But in any case, if it were my sister the first thing I would do is find out what happened. That's the problem and why I can't judge him as I don't know exactly what transpired. I have heard a couple of versions of the story and the most believable one from someone I trust goes something like this:
He was laying in bed trying to sleep, she was comming in having a go at him for flirting with her friend at the club the previous night, he got the sh*tes, reached over and grabbed a glass from the bedside table and threw a it at her. Now if this is true he probably should've just come out and said so. It's a hell of a lot less worse then what the media are making it out to be. Also it would be different if this had occured in a public place as opposed to his own private residence. This wasn't some random act of thuggery, it was an argument that got out of control between himself and his girlfriend.

Drakken

Juniors
It isn't as cut and dried as that spider.

i don't support a lot of what NRL footballers do - legal and illegal - but that is the society we live in. From the bottom right to he very top individuals are hurting others and destroying lives in a tangible or intangible way.

We don't have to support the individual, but it could get to the stage where we wouldn't have a team, a comp or even a government.

I would have Bird back tomorrow - because to me the Sharks are a club i support - not a organistaion i hold up as something people should follow as a role model or a guide on how to live their life.

Obviously there's situations where you have to cut guys free and Fevola and Cousins are good examples of that.
But Bird got away with nothing - he went to court and will ultimately pay the price afforded by such.

We as a society can't ask any more than that.

There is also the point that he almost didn't get caught as he lied to cover his tracks.
If he had been successful we wouldn't be having this debate and we'd still be cheering hinm on non the wiser.

And perhaps he would be in a category that undoubtedly exists - those who have got away with it in the past and we have cheered them on non the wiser.

There's obviously the argument of 'what if she's your sister?'
And the one, "what if he's your brother?'

That is an emotional debate as those people are emotionally involved I don't tackle the issue from that perspective.

Some excellent points there since.

spider

Coach
Ha! You're dreamin'. He would mop the floor with you.
tell me why?

That's the problem and why I can't judge him as I don't know exactly what transpired.
he was convicted of harming a woman with a glass - that is not fiction

do you think the court got it wrong?

I have heard a couple of versions of the story and the most believable one from someone I trust goes something like this:
He was laying in bed trying to sleep, she was comming in having a go at him for flirting with her friend at the club the previous night, he got the sh*tes, reached over and grabbed a glass from the bedside table and threw a it at her. Now if this is true he probably should've just come out and said so. It's a hell of a lot less worse then what the media are making it out to be. Also it would be different if this had occured in a public place as opposed to his own private residence. This wasn't some random act of thuggery, it was an argument that got out of control between himself and his girlfriend.

WOW!

you are officailly the dumbest member i have ever met on these boards

god help the women in your life

'not a random act of thuggery' - what a farkwit of a statement

Drakken

Juniors
tell me why?

he was convicted of harming a woman with a glass - that is not fiction

do you think the court got it wrong?

WOW!

you are officailly the dumbest member i have ever met on these boards

god help the women in your life

'not a random act of thuggery' - what a farkwit of a statement

I guess i've met the village idiot of this forum then have I? Do you think you could take Bird? What if the court over-turns the decsion, what will you say then? They got it wrong? Sling your insults mate, everyone knows why you revert to name calling.

spider

Coach
Ha! You're dreamin'. He would mop the floor with you. But in any case, if it were my sister the first thing I would do is find out what happened. That's the problem and why I can't judge him as I don't know exactly what transpired. I have heard a couple of versions of the story and the most believable one from someone I trust goes something like this:

i had to quote it again on the off chance someone may miss it

im still astonished by it

Latest posts