What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

So Rooster How Do You Feel?

LeagueNut

First Grade
Over here in N.Z, we had Daryl Halligan interviewing Ricky Stuart before the Cowboys/Eels game kicked off. Stuart picked the Eels to win, mainly because "the Cowboys still have problems in their halves".

:lol:

aussies1st

Staff member
LeagueNut said:
Over here in N.Z, we had Daryl Halligan interviewing Ricky Stuart before the Cowboys/Eels game kicked off. Stuart picked the Eels to win, mainly because "the Cowboys still have problems in their halves".

Lol we all know who that problem is in the halves. ;-)

The Brain

Juniors
let it be known Roosters wanted to keep Firman not Finch we had no takers till this day on Dafinchi.
What Firman fell over the line for a try and makes him a star? no chance.
Poarra were that bad
Tigers will carve Cowboys big time only bad ref decisions can save them.

ledzep

Bench
stealing a couple of posts of the roosters fan forum:

While Firman did stroll through for a good try and his passing game was good ,his kicking game was still poor ,one clearing kick barely went 30 metres and his one grubber was way too hard ,he is good as a support player but definately not a main playmaker.
--------------
This year Firman was dropped to PL and still didn't perform, I remember one game quite well that he cost the team by kicking it out on the full with one minute to go. At the time it was the right choice to let him go...up until today's game the cowboys he wasn't perfomiong either, hence his relegation to the bench.

ledzep

Bench
aids said:
it's good stratedgy from murray, who i think is the biggest loss the roosters made the past 5 years.
so much of a loss that we won the premiership the year after replacing him

LRC

Murray was just on the radio saying it was the assistant coaches plan to play Firman off the bench.
The last 3 seasons as I bought my tickets to all the finals matches the roosters played in and then soaked up the awesome pre match atmosphere of the GF day around Telstra...i wasnt thinking twiceabout the inconsistant team murray had created in 2000 and 2001 ..
I was thinking about how the new coaching staff has given us a team that turned up every week for 2 and a half years straight and , win lose or draw you knew they were going to have a real dig.

Big Mick

Referee
roosterbooster1 said:
so much of a loss that we won the premiership the year after replacing him

yes of course...after he developed all your players and got them to a grand final previously...oh its all so clear now..thank you.

ozzie

Bench
lockyno1 said:
Yeah. But wait Finch could win a premiership:roll:
like Brisbane will with their halves - one that can't tackle and another can't play football

In-goal

Bench
I think the unluckiest thing for the chooks was manly beating Canberra, I believe had Easts come in 8th they would have beaten all before them.

Just look at the results this finals series, bloody Souths would have been a show.

Chook

First Grade
Big Mick © said:
yes of course...after he developed all your players and got them to a grand final previously...oh its all so clear now..thank you.

You really are completely clueless. Every stat for Roosters circa 2001 was heading south under Murray. That's why he was sacked. If you're going to make a point at least try and make a valid one moron.

Chook.

Risky_6

Juniors
Finch not worthy of tying Firmans shoe-laces.

Firman is on his way to a Grand Final, i wish him all the best and hope he takes out the Clive Churchill medal.

He is a class act Firmo.

lockyno1

Post Whore
ozzie said:
like Brisbane will with their halves - one that can't tackle and another can't play football

At least Brisbane have a chance with the best five-eigth going around! Brisbane will be better for the run, remember this is the first full year that the halves have been together!The Roosters have an overrated hack in Anasta (who must I add Sherwin did 90% of the work!) and then there is FINCH! You will NEVER win a premiership with Brett Finch as your no7! He is useless!

RABK

Referee
No just the fact that you think Brisabne are a chance because of Lockyer, even after you've died in the arse 3 years running.

lockyno1

Post Whore
Red and Blue Knight said:
No just the fact that you think Brisabne are a chance because of Lockyer, even after you've died in the arse 3 years running.

Well at least we are a chance in the finals! The only thing you are a chance for is the spoon!

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member
lockyno1 said:
Well at least we are a chance in the finals! The only thing you are a chance for is the spoon!

Brisbane's last seven, 2005:
FW2 - LLLLLLL - R22

Newcastle's last seven, 2005:
R26 - LWWWWW - R20

Don't be silly locky...

RABK

Referee
Idiot, you obviously haven't watched League recently have you?

Wooden spooners of two years ago are now going onto win premierships.

Every team is in with a chance to make the finals.

We are a much bigger chance then you to actually do something once there though. :)

Surely

Post Whore
Red and Blue Knight said:
Idiot, you obviously haven't watched League recently have you?

Wooden spooners of two years ago are now going onto win premierships.

Every team is in with a chance to make the finals.

We are a much bigger chance then you to actually do something once there though. :)

Yes because history would suggest that wouldn't it :roll:

Latest posts