What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

So Rooster How Do You Feel?

Saint 60

Juniors
Had Firman for a few years...

he can be a good addition to the side -
but then im sure the cows are already aware..
he can play like a dam passenger also -

Mr Saab

Referee
Red and Blue Knight said:
We are a much bigger chance then you to actually do something once there though. :)

really?
1998 choked both games
1999 smashed week one
2000 led 16-2 and did a "parramatta"
2002 lost both games (ppor johns)
2003 lost week one (smashed actually) (poor johns)

yeah...history really backs that argument up doesnt it :roll:

Spitty

Juniors
Charlie Saab said:
really?
1998 choked both games
1999 smashed week one
2000 led 16-2 and did a "parramatta"
2002 lost both games (ppor johns)
2003 lost week one (smashed actually) (poor johns)

yeah...history really backs that argument up doesnt it :roll:

Just ignore 1997 and 2001 and doesn't suit your argument. What happened those years again? :D

Good luck to Firman The Roosters had to let him go if they wanted to make the nesscesary changes and buys for next season while staying under the salary cap as for a good pairing we'll have to wait till next season when Firman and Thurston go up against Finch and Anasta.AS for the GF Tigers to win it'll be close I hope that Sydney team can beat the Cowboys again.
EAST4EVER WORD!

Mr Saab

Referee
spitty69 said:
Just ignore 1997 and 2001 and doesn't suit your argument. What happened those years again? :D

sure they won, but Red and Blue Knight said that in recent history the knights are a chance to do something when there.
Well they have not done a thing since 2001.
Dont turn this back onto the broncos as i know they have done NOTHING since 2000.

Spitty

Juniors
Charlie Saab said:
sure they won, but Red and Blue Knight said that in recent history the knights are a chance to do something when there.
Well they have not done a thing since 2001.
Dont turn this back onto the broncos as i know they have done NOTHING since 2000.

Fair enough, but Red and Blue Knight is right, anyone in the 8 has a crack at the title. Just look at this week and the last few years. Panthers '03, Cowboys '04, Wests '05, all these team did something whilst having fairly dismal results the year before.

Mr Saab

Referee
after this crazy 2005 i am not writing any team off for 2006...well maybe the raiders and warriors!

lockyno1

Post Whore
roosterbooster1 said:
Soward and Anasta, you mean. ;-)

Finch will be your no7 unfortuately for you guys and fortunately for us as we get some humour every week from each of his pathetic perfomances! Soward will leave at the end of next year!

Billy Gunn

Juniors
Roosters Fan's are over it.

Good luck to Firman - It matters little now that they should have let Finch go and not Firman. On form at the Roosters Firman did nothing. (Finch has done less)

I think it's great that he has been given a chance to play in the top grade and now a Grand Final when the Roosters could have left hin in reserve grade for the rest of the season.

Let's talk about next weeks game who cares about six month old news

Danish

Referee
I think you'll find for every good play firman makes, he screws up 10. The roosters ditched Firman in order to free up room for Anasta and Harrison. No one can question that logic.

whats really pathetic is how gould/stuart could have ended up with the 2 worst halfbacks in the comp on the same team.

lockyno1 said:
Exactly! I always have time for a bloke that is better once they leave the Rorters!:lol:

Yeah, but that doesn't happen very often. Dean Widders, perhaps, but he left four seasons ago. I can't think of too many others in recent years. Our recruitment and retention has been spot on for a lot of years. The point is, you can't keep them all. People constantly throw up the belief that the Roosters horde all the talent, yet when they release a quality player like Firman, they're derided and mocked. How can you win?

It came down to a choice between Finch and Firman in order to make room for Anasta under next years' salary cap. I happen to think we made the right choice. But time will tell.

Good luck to Brett Firman, but I saw nothing in his performance in the semi final to make me think, Damn, we should have kept him. I saw one soft try from him and the rest of the game he looked hesitant and indecisive. The Tigers look to have a big advantage in the halves.

strong_latte

Juniors
lockyno1 said:
You let go of Firman and now he was a key ingredient to the Cowboys making the grand Final! And you kept Brett Finch:lol:

feels pretty good actually. We dropped him so we could pick up the Dally M 5/8th of the year.

Latest posts