What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

So who do you think this tiger is that we have so called got for 2012 ?

Big Pete

Referee
From the sounds of it, it's a depth player.

I'd wager it's nobody as well. Big League is far from reliable as far as player movements is concerned.

madunit

Super Moderator
Staff member
Strong talk that Broncos are looking at 2 Tigers players, one of them being Robert Lui (who is also being looked at by Souths)

Broncos will play Lui in his natural position of five-eighth, so he's likely to become a handy pick up.

Broncos fan!

Juniors
Cause the rumors in those mags always come true :roll:

About as reliable as 'The late mail' on The Game Plan. crapola.

If you are going to quote me, at least quote my entire post...

From a League magazine. It's apparently not in the media because the player doesn't want to announce it until the end of the season so it doesn't jeopardise his spot in the team. Take it how you want...

Broncos fan!

Juniors
Assides from the obvious rumours of it being Daniella or Lui, I've heard the Broncos are interested in young fullback Jake Mullaney. Although when the article came out the player was apparently someone who played in the round before. Well that rules out Mullaney and Daniella.

It wouldn't even surprise me if it didn't end up happening, if it's even true...

madunit

Super Moderator
Staff member
Mullaney is set to be the tigers fullback next year if Moltzen goes to Sharks

Dazzat

First Grade
Why would we want Moltzen ... the only reason I can think is to put further pressure on Norman and Hunt to step up. I'm not sure Moltzen's best position ... possibly 5/8 even though he doesn't play there for obvious reasons.

Broncos fan!

Juniors
Why would we want Moltzen ... the only reason I can think is to put further pressure on Norman and Hunt to step up. I'm not sure Moltzen's best position ... possibly 5/8 even though he doesn't play there for obvious reasons.

Why not? We need some more depth in the halves with Lockyer going IMO. I rate Moltzen, but I rate Norman too so it just gives us another option to replace Lockyer. Moltzen would be cheap, can cover a bunch of positions, seems like a good kid and I really like him.

Pierced Soul

First Grade
moltzens been shit this year. i know he was going well a few years ago but he's done nothing to make me want to put him there ahead of one of our juniors

AceAv

Juniors
I think we've all become a little blind sided by the "potential number 6" recruit.

There's a good chance we are finding a solid forward, utility player or even a number 9 :eek:... I think a good way to narrow it all down is to see off all off contract players for the tigers for end of 2011 and then monitor who's re-signed or not.

Is there really any hard proof that we've signed a tiger (or even first grade tiger) where did this info come from?

broncos2010

Juniors
I watched him game in detail 3 times over on the weekend and he brings nothing in attack.

Not great at kicking and at running at the line.

He just lives in benjis background and when he does not play he gets exposed big time.

Especially not worth it if we are offering him big money contract which I hope is not true. I think norman and hunt are same boat but at least they are already here and don't demand high salary.

AceAv

Juniors
I very much doubt it's Lui... Broncos recruiters need to find someone that can all but replace Lockyer and they know it can't be Lui.

You've got me worried though... If we dont get the premiership this year we're gonna be further away then ever before in the next few years without our Champion ;(

Southern Cross

Juniors
You merkin replace Locky so lets stop looking and make Mr P Wallace live up to his potential Bronco stats say he has not made a line break all year GREAT DEFENCE but thats it I would like to see Beal have a go at 6 made as many line breaks as any of the broncos this year not sure about his kicking game but it would be as good in general play as Wallace.The only Tiger worth anythig is Benji who is on long term contract.They do have a good young forward in NYC from Keebra Park, Fotuaika maybe its him going to Broncos

Big Pete

Referee
Here's how the article read...

Rumours...We're hearing that one member of the West Tigers backline has all but signed a contract to go to the Broncos next season, but has kept it under wraps so that he still has a chance to play in the finals should the merger-club make it at the end of this year.

Source: Big League Round 14

Backline for that round was...

1. Wade McKinnon
2. Lote Tuqiri
3. Blake Ayshford
4. Tim Moltzen
5. Mitch Brown

Latest posts