What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

So who do you think this tiger is that we have so called got for 2012 ?

AceAv

Juniors
Thanks for that big pete. "all but signed" -we all know what happened when we "all but signed" GI...

I wanna see Tuquiri come back but I'd settle for Ayshford.

I think they are still shopping for the number 6... How much coin do you reckon it would take to lure JT :D??

GoTheBroncs

Staff member
I wanna see Tuquiri come back but I'd settle for Ayshford.

I don't see why the Broncos would sign another centre. We have Hodges and Reed. Then Beale and Copley as backups. If the argument is that we need someone to cover for Hodges because he is very likely to get injured then we shouldn't have re-signed Hodges.

And unless we have a marquee signing for 5/8 then I don't see the point signing someone of Norman/Hunt standard. Lui, don't see that he has any more potential than Norman and Moltzen has been pretty sub-standard.

ponies 4ever

Juniors
I will be devastated if we sign Lui in place of Locky, hell Sandow would have been better......................nnnnnnnnnnnnnaaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhhhhhh, but I am sweating profusely at the thought of Wallace and Norman. Please Gee Gee, work some Broncos magic and surprise us all !

GoTheBroncs

Staff member
Please Gee Gee, work some Broncos magic and surprise us all !

What is it you are hoping Gee will do? Is there even anyone off contract that is even remotely close to Lockyer's ability. The only one I could think of who was off contract was Quade Cooper, but hasn't he re-committed to rugby? You can't just pull a Locky out of a hat.

Mr Fourex

Bench
You merkin replace Locky so lets stop looking and make Mr P Wallace live up to his potential Bronco stats say he has not made a line break all year GREAT DEFENCE but thats it

I like the cut of your jib.......
thumbsup.gif

Have you any ideas how we can "make" Peter earn his pay cheque?

I've thought about running out there and giving him a kick up the arse

but we all know how susceptible Peter is to injuries......:roll:

Southern Cross

Juniors
Possibly by shifting him to 9 and letting him tackel himself to a standstill and letting one of the young guns have a go at halfback or a week or two in q cup

Pierced Soul

First Grade
i think he just needs to be told to take control. he's obviouslt still evry much in lockys shadow and he eneds to eb told to eb mroe dominant with the plays, give locky the ball when he wants it but be the main playmaker otehrwise.

pretty sure wade mckinnon has gone to SL (thank god), dont really see Lui offeirng any more than wallace, i dont rate moltzen, why would we sign an ageing winger? aysfords decent but we have enough centres/backrowers, Mitch Brown is actaully a decent outside back but we again have enough coming through the ranks.

would have taken fifita but he's gone to the sharks. heingingtons decent but we have enough backrowers

no idea who it is, and as otehrs have [pointed out, our last "signing" didnt know planes flew in the rain

Southern Cross

Juniors
Only one Problem with him taking control he has plenty of oportunity when Locky is not ther and he still only Tackles ,Kicks the odd Field Gold and spends the rest of his time running aroud like a headless chook

ponies 4ever

Juniors
GTB I know I'm dreaming and there is little Andrew Gee can do to save us with any miracle signing. Quade Cooper was our only real option and even he would have been an expensive gamble. The rungs on the ladder are looking decidedly slippery for 2012. Sad times indeed, I just don't see who is going to grab "the proverbial bull by the horns" in our current squad ?

GoTheBroncs

Staff member
GTB I know I'm dreaming and there is little Andrew Gee can do to save us with any miracle signing. Quade Cooper was our only real option and even he would have been an expensive gamble. The rungs on the ladder are looking decidedly slippery for 2012. Sad times indeed, I just don't see who is going to grab "the proverbial bull by the horns" in our current squad ?

Ponies I feel your pain! I'm not sure who will be the one to stand up, or if anyone will. I feel as though Norman has the most potential, not even sure why, just has a bit of an X factor about him. Other more positive posters on this forum think we will be ok, so maybe we will!

9. Baptiste
7. Wallace
6. Norman

We could do worse, right? And think about how good Glenn and Gillette will be next year. It might just be the case of getting early ball to guys like that plus Hodges and Reed and we are set.

IBA

Juniors
9. Baptiste
7. Wallace
6. Norman

I have no problems at all with this... Finish out this year well and a strong pre-season, this is definitely our best option. Still don't understand the Wallace bashing, sure he in no JT but we're not going to get one, and I am crossing everything that Norman clicks at NRL level sooner rather than later. He has shown glimpses so maybe in 9 months time he'll be ready. Playing week in, week out in the number 6 will do wonders for his game.

Southern Cross

Juniors
Not sure its Wallace bashing hes just never steped up to the job at hand but the again its a long time between DRINKS in the 7 Jersey (Langer)was the last and Prince the one who got away all the others tried were also rans maybe it will be the same with the 6 jumper but we will still be competitive because of compitition for places and another superstar will become the go to man

AuDragon

Juniors
Not sure its Wallace bashing hes just never steped up to the job at hand but the again its a long time between DRINKS in the 7 Jersey (Langer)was the last and Prince the one who got away all the others tried were also rans maybe it will be the same with the 6 jumper but we will still be competitive because of compitition for places and another superstar will become the go to man
It's bashing in the sense that the expectation is beyond what Wallace is capable of. Lockyers or Thurstons don't fall off trees...

GoTheBroncs

Staff member
My main beef with Wallace is that I don't feel he is playing as well as he pay packet suggests he should. I don't expect Thursty out of him...

He is def playing better this year than last. Still think he needs to step it up a bit. Here's another chance for him to shine without Lockyer tonight.

user_nat

Coach
Wallace has been pretty good in the game without Lockyer this year IMO.
Against Melbourne in particular.

ponies 4ever

Juniors
As soon as mediocracy is accepted that is what the club will become. It is the responsibility of the football department to find the next Locky / Thurston. I hate the Storm yet you can't help but admire their ethic no matter what the circumstances (origin period, salary cap debacles etc. etc) I just can't help but feel excuses have crept in at Red Hill steadily over the post-Langer era. This is the BRISBANE BRONCOS and expectation is part and parcel of it.........so get over it Wallace or go back to the green and white of St Marys. I simply can't fathom how Ben Barba was cut from the Broncos EDPS. wow what an almighty screw up !

STEP 1 for 2012 - Get Hannant a quality bash brother in the front row and rotate Hala consistently with them to develop a very special young talent..........I'll be pi--ed if he ends up another Leahroyd-Lahrs / Taylor episode.

STEP 2- If we persist with the notion Norman is our future no 6, which I definately feel he is, WALLACE MUST GO. The football department must engage in negotiations for Thurston or Cronk when and if the chance appears and spare nothing ( marquee player allowance etc. etc.).

I stated late last year the beauty of landing Inglis would have been the ability to take a lot of pressure off young Norman, alas it did not evenuate. The core of youngsters are very good, but we miss a couple of vital pieces to truly challenge for a title at this stage.

AuDragon

Juniors
Are you going to throw a big tantrum if we can't get either of Thurston or Cronk? :sarcasm:

Latest posts