What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

So who do you think this tiger is that we have so called got for 2012 ?

IBA

Juniors
As ordinary as Wallace is he is one of the better halves in the game.

I think we have to be happy we have a half back of his caliber. There are not a lot floating around. I'm not saying we keep him till end of days, just that right now, the number 6 spot is of a much higher importance. I'd only replace him if it was with an absolute show stopper.

Big Pete

Referee
I think we have to be happy we have a half back of his caliber. There are not a lot floating around. I'm not saying we keep him till end of days, just that right now, the number 6 spot is of a much higher importance. I'd only replace him if it was with an absolute show stopper.

Agreed 100%.

GoTheBroncs

Staff member
Just putting it out there that Ryan Stig is without a contract. I don't have an opinion either way.

Mr Fourex

Bench
Had my first full view of him on the week end. Impressive

He's the kid their talking about with the Freddy left step ....right?

Timmah6991

Juniors
I'd love to see Wallace have a gig at #9. He'd be a solid provider and his defence is good enough down the middle. He'd certainly offer more than McCullough.

Nightward

Juniors
McCullough has been on the improve this season. What I find jarring as a spectator is the length of time he gets rotated out for; you usually see hookers on the field for 80 minutes unless they are having a dead-set shocker or go down injured. Anthony Griffin has said he believes McCullough needs to work on being an 80-minute player, and the idea with the rotation is to get him to the point where physically and mentally he is ready to handle the role as best he can throughout the entire game.

As fan watching it you get a o_O moment every time he comes off, but there is a madness to the method.

Whilst young Baptiste did quite well, Norman had a dream debut as well but turned out to be a bit of a damp squib for the season.

With regards to the post above about '06 and who we had at 7, it's worth remembering that it was a year with injuries, included the infamous slump-but-I-won't-use-that-word period, and still netted us a Premiership. It doesn't matter who you've got in your number 7 jersey (or 6, for that matter) as long as the team is producing.

Again, one game is not the best sample to draw on, but the effort against the Eels was really very good, and there were, what, four guys over the age of 22 in the team? All of the young blokes who stood up were blooded at NYC level by Griffin, and he got them across the line without a third of the regular team. Given what we've seen of Griffin's ability to develop players so far, I don't believe it's time to hit the panic button.

There may not be an obvious successor for Lockyer, but how exactly do you replace a player of his calibre any way? When the team needed a half to guide them around, a then-fullback stepped into the role, and it was derided at the time as an experiment that would never yield results. Instead, we got the best 5/8th of the competition and some kid called Karmichael Hunt became fullback.

That didn't seem to work out too badly, either.

2011 was a year of predicted disaster based on the loss of the head coach before a ball was even kicked in anger. Things seem to be going pretty well so far, though. Next year will undoubtedly be a big test- but when the production line is stamping out Matt Gillettes, Jack Reeds, Jharal Yow Yehs, Josh Hoffmans, Josh McGuires, and Dale Copeleys, it's not an insurmountable challenge to face either.

Nightward

Juniors
*Shrug*

Post directly above mine was about moving Wallace to Hooker, and there has been a fair bit of talk about how the club is wrecked without an immediate replacement for Lockyer.

Country Bronco

Juniors
How far off topic can you get? :shock:

My post isn't directed at your comments alone nightward but to everyone. This whole thread was started as which tiger player is coming to the broncos in 2012? (speculative). Now we're talking about all different sorts of things which should require their own thread or be placed comments that don't require their own thread. I hope this doesn't offend anyone as i enjoy reading all your comments.

Mr Fourex

Bench
I'd love to see Wallace have a gig at #9. He'd be a solid provider and his defence is good enough down the middle. He'd certainly offer more than McCullough.

I toyed with the idea for a while. Certainly gives us a few more options from dummy half.

BUT

as we've seen of late, Mc is on the improve and Baptiste is in the wings waiting ready to step up as well.

What really worries me about Wallace going to hooker is his softness. He gets injured fairly regularly

and he plays like a busted arse when he's in pain. See 2010 season for references.

goosie

Juniors
hmm i am pretty sure i know who has signed for you guys for next year . not sure if i should say anything but

AceAv

Juniors
It is definately Moltzen...

But there's not serious proof of this...

What position would he play anyway? 6 I feel would go to Norman who has started to really want it a little more now. Still a long way off and I really feel that cronk being off contract and is sniffing around the rabbitoh den maybe the broncos stables can pull an 'inglis' on him ;)

Latest posts