What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

so who got emotional

Misanthrope

Staff member
Hey, I was one of the first to come out and say it. I cried when Newton scored that try, and I continued right through until I calmed myself down enough to call my fellow Crusade members at the game.

I swear, it shouldn't feel like it, but it was like winning a grand final.

Johns Magic

Referee
I got psyched up!

I threw a glass(having a lapse in concentration and mistaking it for a plastic cup) across the room when Newton scored that last try.

Shattered everywhere, but it was worth it!

Jedda

Juniors
The little league men in my stomach have finally woken up for the season and are partying like it's 1999. :O

I'm still grinning like the proverbial Cheshire Cat, but that could probably be partially attributed to Black Label Bundy, but hey, life is for livin'.

fosie

Juniors
Hahaha, i've been screaming and shrieking even though i only followed the game on the radio. My throats sore now hahahaha, i'll be sleeping and wearing my jersey tomorrow! I might look like an idiot....but it's a win!!!

Jedda

Juniors
I think I woke up my flatmates at the end of the game, but considering I won't be living here much longer I remain remorseless - besides, it was for a good cause!

im sleeping in my jersey tonight too, my wife doesnt understand why i am so happy and my why my jaws are sore from smiling..its only a game to her apparently....game my ass, it IS like winning a grand final

Jono078

Referee
Well Im a bit sick, but I was happy as I could be :D, Couldnt ask for a better Birthday present!!!

my heart was pounding fast in those last few minutes though, i wanted to go for a drive and come back and check the score, but i didnt, i managed to watch

Jono078

Referee
I only managed to watch the first 40 but couldnt watch the last 40, listened to the radio though :).

Doctor

Bench
I held them back like a man..... then let a few through, and found myself talking in an ususual way as I tried to hold back my emotions. It was like a Grand Final in a way -- funnily enough I would actually go so far as to say that I was more excited by this win than I was immediately after the 2001 Grand Final -- because the suspense was intense.

I'm still a bit emotional -- and proud to admit it.:D

Misanthrope

Staff member
It was like a Grand Final in a way -- funnily enough I would actually go so far as to say that I was more excited by this win than I was immediately after the 2001 Grand Final -- because the suspense was intense.

I agree. I think I was more excited about this win than I was about 2001. Nothing holds a patch to 1997 though.

Latest posts