What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Soccer World Cup - Russia

Card Shark

Immortal
Had $10 on the Nips V Columbia last night.

Just before the start of the game they flashed up the odds & Japan was paying about $5.30. Thought that was great odds so put some cash on it.

Should’ve put on more, I thought they were certainties, they dominated Asia. However apparently that is the first time ever that an Asian team has beaten a South American team in a World Cup...hard to believe!

The games should start to heat up now that they are into their second game.

Ads

First Grade
Had $10 on the Nips V Columbia last night.

Just before the start of the game they flashed up the odds & Japan was paying about $5.30. Thought that was great odds so put some cash on it.

Should’ve put on more, I thought they were certainties, they dominated Asia. However apparently that is the first time ever that an Asian team has beaten a South American team in a World Cup...hard to believe!

The games should start to heat up now that they are into their second game.
Standard problem with the asian teams (and us now), serious lack of firepower. Adequate everywhere else on the pitch. Colombia would have destroyed them if they didn't lose a player and a penalty in the 3rd minute though.

Card Shark

Immortal
Didn’t think he deserved a red card, Penalty way enough punishment.

Hear your point but Japan class above other Asian countries.

Ads

First Grade
Yeah I dont like it, its a double punishment for a single foul. Pen and yellow would suffice. He knew straight away though. Keep that hand down and its 1-0 with 90 still to play.

Japan are decent though.

Ads

First Grade
Hope we start Arzani and have a go. Bit of flair might help us, we know what we get from Kruse these days.

lolesi

First Grade
Hope we start Arzani and have a go. Bit of flair might help us, we know what we get from Kruse these days.

I wouldn’t change our structure really, if at all.

Only change I would make is Maclaren for Nabbout. Maclaren finished the season as our most inform striker, let him have first crack.

We won’t physically dominate the Danes like we did the French. They have some solid players themselves.

I expect us to be compact and hold a tight structure, looking to attack on the break and score from set pieces.

Wouldnt be upset at all if Bert went Arzani over Kruse, but no chance of it happening.

Quigs

Immortal
Narrrh I am going to bed. Crikey it is way after 9pm and Ive had one too many licorice allsorts.

I'll watch the 4,623 highlight replays tomorrow.

I am wallowing in the glow of knowing tonight that I did not have to subject myself to Ray f**king Hadley commentating on Neins Thursday Night Footy

Card Shark

Immortal
Great first half after some slack early play cost us.

All over them but we need to go on with it!

Probably didn’t need half time.

snout

First Grade
Great showing.
Goals our issue. 2 goals from penalties.
Azani has to play 90...our only realistic goal sneak.
kruse is a cat and refuses to compete for the ball.
Juric offers nothing at this level and cahill wouldve ignited a final thrust.

Going forward we need: france beat Peru and denmark by 2. And we beat peru.