What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Soft Dugan to play on with dislocated AC joint

Pete Cash

Post Whore
He quite clearly is tough though. He gets belted every week. If that's not tough I'm not here. The irony of loudstat who is some kind of senile grandpa Simpson character calling out anyone as soft is hilarious.

kurt faulk

Coach
Yep, booked in for a shoulder reconstruction at seasons end. Currently has a dislocated AC joint, but is playing on for the rest of the season...

SOFT!

if he wasn't such a hog and passed the ball to the open man screaming through a gap the injury wouldn't have happened. instead he hogged it and got smashed.

he should stop hogging the ball and being a hero.

blaza88z

Coach
all these armchair experts in here, I BET if it happened to any of you, you'd be right up to the local hospital demanding treatment

give credit where it's due and stop being whinging little pissants

blaza88z

Coach
many other clubs would have him get it fixed, Furner's really treading on a thin line with this one, what if something DOES happen?

potentially your 2 best players gone due to desperate coaching

many other clubs would have him get it fixed, Furner's really treading on a thin line with this one, what if something DOES happen?

potentially your 2 best players gone due to desperate coaching

From the mouths of the doctors nothing further can happen but I strongly doubt that.

Either way, if Dugan did take up surgery now he'd be gone for the season, if he gets injured again and requires surgery he'd be gone for the season.

Either way, the Canberra Raiders for 2012 are gone.

gronkathon

First Grade
Can't do any further damage is a rubbish call.

We heard it with Marshall and I am of the firm belief that the times he was told he couldn't do any more damage destabilised the joint further and added to his rehab time and increased his chances of re-injury.

If the rumours doing the rounds of Campos minor knee surgery and being rushed back have any inking of truth I think it calls into question the competancy of all of the Raiders medical staff and their coach and admin in terms of player welfare

Glen

Bench
Why are you so desperate to prove that he's tough? I think the majority of people on here understand that a serious infection is a good reason to pull out of a game, the pimple thing is just funny and it riles up a lot of Raiders fans.

I guess if he's posing for photos of his injury maybe he feels he has something to prove too.

He is however very injury-prone and his body doesn't seem up to consistent first grade footy, at least when you consider his high involvement style of play. Benji came through the other side after his shoulder dramas so hopefully Dugan can too

Pete Cash

Post Whore
Of course a lot of it is pride. he seems to actually care about the Canberra raiders as well. these are good qualities. I just don't want to see him cripple himself for the club when we are going to struggle regardless.

MacDougall

First Grade
So he's doing this because Reece Robinson has showed such good form right? Can't have some blow in showing up the Dugan.

Sucks for Robinson. He's been super impressive and I was looking forward to him having an extended run in the top grade.

RABK

Referee
Geez how on earth will he be anything but a complete liability out there. Anyone who has broken their collar bone or dislocated their AC joint knows that it renders you as weak as a kitten on that side of your body. Any contact above a slap is akin to a hammer on your funny bone, it's a rush of pain/numbness.

They'll have to drug him up real good. Ring Gids.

Latest posts