What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Soft players

Bring it home Knights

First Grade
Have there been any players going around that you would consider soft compared to the other players in the game.

The ones that stand out to me is Darren Albert. He was a great player, but was always submitting in tackles and when it came to running into another player he slowed right down and preserved himself for the contact.

The other is sean Rudder. If he was ever passed the ball and the defence was close to him he would 99% of the time knock it on as he was far more scared of the collision then catching the ball.

j_tig

Juniors
luke 'dive at the oppositions feet' patten
willie mason, weekend confirmed it, threw a punch and then ran away when myles(?) a five/eighth threatened to throw one at him, oh how we laughed when we saw that

antonius

Coach
Bring it home Knights said:
Have there been any players going around that you would consider soft compared to the other players in the game.

The ones that stand out to me is Darren Albert. He was a great player, but was always submitting in tackles and when it came to running into another player he slowed right down and preserved himself for the contact.

The other is sean Rudder. If he was ever passed the ball and the defence was close to him he would 99% of the time knock it on as he was far more scared of the collision then catching the ball.
How did I know his name woud pop up in this thread??? :roll: :roll: :roll:

Bring it home Knights

First Grade
antonius said:

If you'd like me to, I can make a thread up of worst buys and I can sit back and wait for you to bag Tim maddison for the 50th time.

antonius

Coach
antonius said:

If you'd like me to, I can make a thread up of worst buys and I can sit back and wait for you to bag Tim maddison for the 50th time.
Find them all Bring it? bet you can't because as usual your exagerating. While your at it tell what Maddison did for our club during his there?

PB

Bench
The soft 13 from the current NRL crop....
1. Patten (replacing the 2003 model of Hodgson)
2. Ashley Graham
3. Lyon
4. Hughes
5. EL Masri
6. Barrett
7. Sherwin
8. Perry
9. Woolford (never takes on the line!)
10. Vella
11. Brad Meyers
12. O'Niell (not because of the punch he copped, but because i have never seen the bloke run striaght!!)
13. Menzies

Bring it home Knights

First Grade
antonius said:
antonius said:

Find them all Bring it? bet you can't because as usual your exagerating. While your at it tell what Maddison did for our club during his there?

I can't be bothered looking for all of them, plus alot of them were on the old knights forum.

antonius

Coach
antonius said:
antonius said:

I can't be bothered looking for all of them, plus alot of them were on the old knights forum.
One word Bring it....Crap, I've bagged him no more than any other player that IMO deserved it, and it was nowhere near your exagerated "50 odd times" and you know it. Again what benifits did Maddison bring?
Anyway back the original question, one of my all time favs would be Nathan Blacklock.

Dog-E

Juniors
Michael Vella for SURE!..I mean - Have you EVER just watched him play!?!? It's quite a laugh...Say no more! :lol:

Joel Clinton - Reminds me of the schoolyard bully - Happy to hammer halfbacks when they're unlucky enough to cross his path...But goes missing when the REAL hard stuff goes on with the MEN!

Chris Walker - Simply a cat trained to walk upright on 2 legs.

Justin Hodges - Anyone remember, I think it was Casey maguire a few years back?...Hodges was flapping his lip at marker, Maguire just calmly played the ball, took half a step forward and promptly flattened Hodges with a single punch mid-sledge!...Went down like the softest sack of crap youve ever seen! :lol: Can't tackle either.

Glenn Morrison - Couldn't look more like he was trying to fit in on Oxford St if he hired the Queer eye for a straight guy ponces for a special makeover!...I predict early fisticuffs in the Parra camp next year too, as Morrison raises the ire of both Nathan Hindmarsh & Matt Petersen by fighting for prime position with them at the BIG mirror in the dressing room after the 1st pre-season training session!! :lol:

Jason Cayless - Oh my GOD!! So many reasons - But we'll pick his lovely siny mane, and the fact he's as soft as butter for starters...

Benji Marshall - Looks OK with the ball in hand, but ask him to make a tackle and he'll either A. Miss B. make an 'accidental' tackle as the player he's after actually just trips over him or C. shatters into 1000 pieces. Needs some bulk bulk if he's to even survive another season - and FAST!!!

Mark McLinden - another who looks like a champion with open spaces in front of, or around him....But is as big a confidence player as I can think of right now!...Just get one of your big boppers to hammer him just ONCE early on...and he'll all but disappear for the rest of the game!. Guaranteed! ;-)

Josh perry... Dead set i wish the knights would piss him off.. That donkey is such a waste of space. Worst player to ever play origin ever.

Latest posts