What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

songs that make you cry...

Knightmare

Coach
Just continuing on from the 'movies that make you cry' thread, here's one of the songs that make you cry. They don't have to make you physically turn on the water works, they can also just be songs that make you feel dark or sad when you listen to them. Here's mine:

Paul Kelly- 'Somebody's forgetting somebody (Somebody's letting somebody down)'- Ouch. I know exactly how he feels in this song. It makes me sad for the same reason that scene in Casablanca makes me cry.

Sixpence None the Richer- 'Kiss Me'- this song was on the radio all the time in late '99. At the time, I was in Year 8, and had just realised I had a crush on this chick in my year who I could've gone out with earlier that year. It didn't help that she now apparently hated me and she left our school at the end of that year. Hearing that song just brings back the memories of regret, of feeling like a loser.

The Offspring- 'Heaven is so far away'- I heard this song on the radio the other day, for the first time in a while. Listening to the lyrics reminded me of Ayrton Senna, and while I was listening to the song, I was in my room, looking at this poster I have of him on my wall.

What are yours, and why?

Godz Illa

Coach
Nessun Dorma - Giuseppe De Stefano. My late grandfather's favourite singer and favourite song. Lump in the throat every time I hear it.

Llorando - Rebekah Del Rio. Spanish a cappella version of Roy Orbison's 'Crying', which is already a bloody sad song, from the Mulholland Drive soundtrack. Huge emotional voice and impassioned delivery usually results in the precipitation of the title.

nibbs

Bench
Robbie Williams - Enternity

for some reason i start thinking he's singing at someones funeral and i always get emotional.

legallyblonde

Juniors
dont worry - simple plan...damn break up songs. :evil:

the drama summer - the starting line....the song played at the end of any beach holiday with friends somehow always meet awesome tourists that we'll never see again :(

yeah yeah im a sucker for emo :roll: :)

SP

Bench
To the moon and back - Savage Garden

it was my friends fave song and it was played at her funeral

MEE

Juniors
Knightmare said:
Sixpence None the Richer- 'Kiss Me'- this song was on the radio all the time in late '99. At the time, I was in Year 8, and had just realised I had a crush on this chick in my year who I could've gone out with earlier that year. It didn't help that she now apparently hated me and she left our school at the end of that year. Hearing that song just brings back the memories of regret, of feeling like a loser.
By God do i know how it feels. i sang that song over the phone to a girl when i was in year 10 and it made her come back to me until she dumped me again a week later.
If your out there i love you nadia :cry:

Go west by the pet shop boys makes me cry. such a beautiful song.

Ron Jeremy

Coach
I don't cry through songs....but " Teenager of the year" was played at my mates funeral after he commited suicide....the reason why the song was played because he was one off the boy's who was always popular so we felt the song was a true reflection of the bloke :(

sportive cupid

Referee
In the living Years - Mike and the Mechanics :cry:
For many maybe a less than memorable song, but for those of us who lost their fathers before getting to know them it can bring more than one tear to the eye

Earl

Coach
Lifestyles Of The Rich And The Famous - Good Charlotte.

Makes me cry for obvious reasons #-o

Rusty

Juniors
My Immortal-Evanescence
Because You Loved Me-Celine Dion because it reminds me of the movie ''Up Close and Personal'' and its pretty sad :cry:

Latest posts