What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Sonny Bill gets downgrade

Brutus

Referee
Well done Sonny.

The moral of the story is to act remorseful immediately after you decapitate someone.

gong_eagle

First Grade
By Dean Ritchie
September 05, 2007

http://www.news.com.au/dailytelegraph/story/0,22049,22368832-5001021,00.html

BULLDOGS superstar Sonny Bill Williams will miss only one finals match after successfully having a striking charge downgraded at the NRL judiciary last night.
Williams will be free to return to football after the Dogs' semi-final against the Cowboys on Friday night in Townsville after earlier facing a three-match ban.
Represented by solicitor Jim Hall, the Bulldogs won the argument for a downgrade after a hearing that lasted more than an hour at NRL headquarters.
The result is a massive boost to the Bulldogs' premiership hopes, with many believing they can not win win the competition without their No.1 strike weapon.
The one-match suspension cost Sonny Bill any chance of being named Dally M Second-Rower of the Year because he had been suspended earlier in the season for striking Knights champion Andrew Johns.
"I'm stoked at the outcome," Williams said after the hearing.
"I'm pumped. We ran the gauntlet and came up trumps.
"I wish the boys the best this week and I'll be back raring to go the next week."
"At this time of year you never want to miss a finals game.
"I've learnt my lesson. I won't be going into tackles too recklessly again."
Williams argued that his forearm glanced off Thurston's shoulder in the incident early in the game.
During the hearing, Williams said: "I know I hit him in the head but there was no intent and I didn't go into the tackle to hurt him. If I did get him flush, I'd have knocked him out or broken his jaw."

Downie

Guest Moderator
"I've learnt my lesson. I won't be going into tackles too recklessly again."

:sarcasm:

roopy

Referee
The poor bastard is really accident prone.
Accidently knocked out Johns with an arm he was casually swinging in round 2 - accidently elbowed Thurston in the head when he was obviously signaling to the sideline or something.

If these accidents keep happening someone might unfairly think he targets the head of playmakers - and no big drawcard like him would do that.

Hurriflatch

Referee
Who cares

Cowboys beat Dogs
Soiths beat Manly (or Broncos beat Storm)

Dogs are gone and SBW doesn't play until next year

ouwet

Bench
kia ora storm said:
A very educated response by SBW - I am "stoked and pumped"...no rocket scientist.

His making more money then you... SO I'm sure he wouldn't care!!!!

Great result, commonsense has prevailed, it was clearly of the shoulder and had no force at all.

Twizzle

Administrator
Staff member
must be finals time again

the judiciary are showing us what they are really made of

ouwet

Bench
Hurriflatch said:
just like Ben Ross' hit on Cleal had no force behind it

JT didn't have his front teeth knocked out and a broken check bone. YEAH Ben Ross had No force :lol: .Are you are News limited journalist? because you are crap at spinning sh*t.

ouwet

Bench
Dilmah said:
OK. He's dumb, but he's making money. Nice arguement.

It is... IF a "Dumb" guy is making more money then you and Kia Rio, it doesn't say much about you guys, especially as you are so quick to judge him!

Is this site seriously news limited affiliated??? You guys love to give SBW sh*t for everything... If it's jealousy that the guy is 22, a millionaire and a damn good RL player, then get over it! If you trained like him maybe you could of done it.

Win/Lose or Draw... Bulldogs 4 Life! On ya SBW (Even if you don't play again this year).

ouwet

Bench
Hurriflatch said:
and your stupid for blindly following him and not able to see his faults

Great comeback... You think of that on your own? Or did someone help you?

“Your stupid”... “Your blind”... “Me Me Me”... “I I I”! If I believe SBW is a wanker, EVERYONE should think the same!
That my friend is typical News Limited crap you idiots seem to digest everyday! Enjoy the scraps because you won’t be enjoying the main course which is about to get started... Bulldogs 2007 Premiers! FIRE UP!

Smartman

Juniors
The bulldogs wont win the premiership this year.

They certainly have the talent but mentally they cant go 4 games straight to win it.

ouwet

Bench
Smartman said:
The bulldogs wont win the premiership this year.

They certainly have the talent but mentally they cant go 4 games straight to win it.

Doesn't matter if they do or don't!

Never give up hope... Win, lose or Draw... Bulldogs 4 Life!

Latest posts