What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Sonny Bill gets downgrade

Nook

Bench
If we are being fairdinkum that should have got a lot more than 1 week.

If it had been someone like Greg Bird/Paul Gallen (ie a grubby player) people would have been calling for a month on the sideline. As it is only the lonely anti-SBW brigade are doing so - and for once they are right.

That said, I'm glad he's playing a part in the finals if the Dogs scrape through week 1.

Murphdogg1

Juniors
From a Kiwis perspective - sweet as!

Hopefully he stays injury free (and judiciary free) and will be ready to take on the 'Roos in October!! :cool: (touch wood)

Ice777

Bench
Once again the judiciary expose themselves for the spineless gits they are. If it was a player with a lesser profile there's NO way they would have recieved a downgrade. It's a f**king joke.

Nathan B

Juniors
Came off the shoulder, hit him nowhere near the elbow, was clearly pulling out of it as he did it, had next to no force as evidenced by Thurston's complete lack of injury. If you're going to charge someone with a striking charge, then you better show some intent. And in this case there was none.

Rugby league is the winner here :)

Buckshot

Juniors
Who didn't see this coming?

Once again the NRL has shown that the rules are different for players depending on their profile and capacity to draw people through the turnstiles.

Corruption at its finest !

The Preacher

First Grade
Nook said:
If it had been someone like Greg Bird/Paul Gallen

If it had been Gallen or Bird, they would've hit Thurston AND taken a dive saying it was Thurstons fault.

One week for a push with a brush to the head, fair enough.

The Preacher

First Grade
Buckshot said:
Who didn't see this coming?

Once again the NRL has shown that the rules are different for players depending on their profile and capacity to draw people through the turnstiles.

Corruption at its finest !

How can you say that after SBW was suspended after the first round, for two weeks, for something that we have seen go unpunished 150 times since.
"depending on their profile", what a load of sh!t.

Nathan B

Juniors
The Preacher said:
One week for a push with a brush to the head, fair enough.

Exactly.

No doubt that the front-on angle looks spectacular when played at full-speed (or even in slow motion). But the reverse angle - which I've just seen again on the news - shows that you've summed it up perfectly. This result was always going to happen when he was charged with striking.

KiWi_BoI_15

Juniors
Murphdogg1 said:
From a Kiwis perspective - sweet as!

Hopefully he stays injury free (and judiciary free) and will be ready to take on the 'Roos in October!! :cool: (touch wood)

Im with Murph on this one. :)

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member
:lol:

Summary of this thread:

"Waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa"

Everyone fears SBW.

B-Tron 3000

Juniors
Timmah said:

Summary of this thread:

Everyone fears SBW.
Of course, that's the only reason :roll:

People are annoyed because the judiciary are either intentionally corrupt, swayed by the personality sitting in front of them, or incompetent.

Either way, I'd just like to hear a Bulldogs fan come out and say "we got lucky, he deserved more than one week".

I'll help you, I'll get us all started - as an Eels fan I am in no doubt that Nathan Hindmarsh gets preferential treatment from the citing team/judiciary, especially when a big game is coming up.

There you go. Now, let the healing begin...

Ice777

Bench
Timmah said:
Everyone fears SBW.

Meh, sorry to burst your bubble Timtim but the way Sonny Bill played against us in the two games we did battle in this year if we happen to meet you again then i'd actually rather SBW played against us as he helped us out in our two big wins immensely :lol:

As great a player as he is the Storm don't fear him one bit.

Twizzle

Administrator
Staff member
Timmah said:

Summary of this thread:

Everyone fears SBW.

is that really what you think this is about ?

maybe you should read some of the posts

Shorty

Staff member
Timmah said:

Summary of this thread:

Everyone fears SBW.
No,Canberra fears Sonny Bill,nobody else.

PARRA_FAN

Coach
So next time a player elbows someone in the head, he just has to change his name to Sonny Bill Williams, and get it downgraded. :roll:

Freak2

Juniors
All I would like to say is;

Who would want to be a halfback kicking on the last tackle during this finals series??

I am blown away by this downgrading!!! Once again the NRL has set a shocking precedent. (Ryles in R23)

I have watched this tackle many many times and the big thing that you notice on the reverse angle is;
All the other players eyes follow the ball (and don't even see the late tackle). Everyones eyes but SBW???

If Thurston gets taken off he doesn't win the Dally M's???

Anyone applauding this decision needs to cop a double forearm blow to the head by "ANYONE" but your not aloud to protect yourself!!

This is by far the worst decision by the judiciary for a long time!!

northwest9

Juniors
Freak2 said:
All I would like to say is;

Who would want to be a halfback kicking on the last tackle during this finals series??

I am blown away by this downgrading!!! Once again the NRL has set a shocking precedent. (Ryles in R23)

I have watched this tackle many many times and the big thing that you notice on the reverse angle is;
No other player sees it as their eyes travel with the ball. Everyones eyes but SBW???

If Thurston gets taken off he doesn't win the Dally M's???

Anyone applauding this decision needs to cop a double forearm blow to the head by "ANYONE" but your not aloud to protect yourself!!

This is by far the worst decision by the judiciary for a long time!!

:clap:

just about exactly the same as my OPINION (felt the need to highlight that)

Thurston is a scumbag, and i love to see him get smashed, but smashed legally, like bird on thurston in origon. You can bet if a player like brad morrin did the same thing as medical bill did on the weekend, the bulldogs fans, and the judiciary would be calling for him to be out for 4

Dogaholic

First Grade
northwest9 said:
:clap:

just about exactly the same as my OPINION (felt the need to highlight that)

Thurston is a scumbag, and i love to see him get smashed, but smashed legally, like bird on thurston in origon. You can bet if a player like brad morrin did the same thing as medical bill did on the weekend, the bulldogs fans, and the judiciary would be calling for him to be out for 4

I would have judged it on it's own merits and would have come to the same conclusion.

Latest posts