What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Sooooo Whats The Team V Parramatta Seal

Penrose Warrior

First Grade
Bluey might have an adjustment period to the ins and outs of picking an NRL side and using his bench in the NRL etc. Didn't think it was best utilised yesterday.

And I HATE HATE HATE transformed centres. Hate it. It's never worked for us and it never will. Even Lord Mannering wasn't that flash there, Henry struggled, Brown hardly flourished, etc.

I'm willing to forgive errors in that sort of heat in the first match of the season. So not too many axes going around

1. Locke 2. Tupou 3. Hurrell 4. Inu 5. Vatuvei 6. Maloney 7. Johnson 8. Packer 9. Friend 10. Matulino 11. Mannering 12. Mateo 13. Taylor 14. Brown 15. Lousi 16. Henry 17. Ta'ai

JoeD

First Grade
The way I see it is this:
We played badly with our two frrst-choice props out of action, new players out of position and a bad case of fumbles. We only lost to Manly, who we have a poor record against and who played well, by six points.
I am not prepared to sack Bluey or cover myself in ashes.
x2

hitman82

Bench
We played badly with our two frrst-choice props out of action, new players out of position and a bad case of fumbles. We only lost to Manly, who we have a poor record against and who played well, by six points.

Haha, I agree.

I actually felt positive after that game.

Unlike after the first 20, when I felt exceptionally negative!

Recovering from that start and really, only being cost the match by a series of ridiculous errors, is not so bad.

One thing that really bothered me was the try T-rex got. Taylor needs to be more aggressive and mindful in situations like that. Going around the waist was never going to stop T-rex scoring - he needed to get his body around the ball.

NZ Warrior

First Grade
Doubt we'll see JRo again.

Wouldnt make too many changes v Eels

Switch Hurrell to wing (played most of the trails there) and Manu to centre ?

Benry to the bench and Inu to other centre.

I actually feel sorry for JBro. Poor bugger.

Kiwimation

Juniors
I was pretty happy with there performance, Made for a very entertaining game. But i have to say it Vatuvei needs a break. How long has he been playing and he is droping the ball like a 5 year old. Drop him from the next game or 2 and make im relise he is replacable.

NZ Warrior

First Grade
In Vatuvei's defense, on 2 occasions, the ball was stripped from him in 3-men tackles.

You'd have to select him again this week. I've never known him to have 2 shockers in a row.

ozbash

Referee
I actually feel sorry for JBro. Poor bugger.

wow !! :shock:

Lol switch Hurrell to wing and Manu to centre. Are you the one giving McClennan selection and interchange guidance because for the sake of the season please stop.

so, put a team up you whingy little f**k :cool:

X3

that game was there for the taking, first 20 mins killed it, we couldnt get back enough points.

Manly are a bloody good team.

Highflyers

Juniors
Agree on this, including thoughts on Ikahihifo and Benry.

Only change I might make is Hurrell and Inu swapping sides. I can understand having Inu and Manu on opposite sides to give bombing options either side, but I think our attack would be too one sided with Hurrell/Mateo and Manu on one side of the field. Would prefer threats on either side before the last tackle.

Totall agree on your thoughts...

Shaun Hewitt

First Grade
Pretty much same team as the opener, swapping Benry with Hurrell to start.
Inu in for Wopo

Possibly swap Benry on the bench with the Fish, but unsure on that one.

When are the injured forwards due back?

Fast Eddie

First Grade
Surely there is someone in the Vulcans who can offer more than Henry, guy has got nothing. Pity Steve Rapira got injured, would be a massive upgrade.

01. Fish
02. Locke
03. Hurell
04. Inu
05. Vatuvei
06. Maloney
07. Johnson
08. Packer
09. Friend
10. Lousi
11. Mannering
12. Mateo
13. Taylor

14. Godinet
15. Matulino
16. Taai
17. Benry

Izz

Bench
Brian McClennan feels Vatuvei unfairly targeted by refs

Warriors coach Brian McClennan believes Manu Vatuvei is being unfairly targeted by NRL referees.

The winger dropped the ball a number of times during the Warriors' season-opening loss to Manly at Eden Park.

McClennan says the opposition often attack the ball in situations where there is more than one tackler on Vatuvei.

He says the referees just automatically call knock on even when it's stripped because there is an assumption Vatuvei must have lost it.

McClennan believes the same thing happens with Feleti Mateo.

Shaun Hewitt

First Grade
Surely there is someone in the Vulcans who can offer more than Henry, guy has got nothing. Pity Steve Rapira got injured, would be a massive upgrade.

Apperantly after the game McClennan was going on about how well Henry played and that he will see a lot of game time this year. Wouldn't be supirsed if he is picked at centre over Inu again. Stupid.

And on Henry, we saw him get torched for the try on D but even on offense he offers very little. Doubt he is anything special in the air, not especially quick or with great footwork. No way he should be in the starting line up

If Henry starts at centre over Inu next week then wow

Did he sleep with your girlfriend or something?
Never mind that he is a young player, on debut, against the reigning premiers. :crazy:.

I thought he had a very solid debut, not flashy by any means but certainly wasn't one of our worse players on the day.

Reckon you havn't been taking your pills mate.