What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

South Sydney - JOKE of the league.

Bench
Bumble said:
Wah wah, My club bent over and took it so to be spiteful I want the NRL to kick out another foundation club.

Alot of spastics in this thread.
I think you have bent over and took it more than once,just like Souths are doing every weekend.
Souths had tens of thousands marching for their return,but can't get any to turn up to their games.Funny that was the problem before, nothing has changed.
They are getting worse not better since they got back in the NRL,they should be made go to the central coast where someone might turn up to watch them.Maybe they could pick up a decent young player or two up there.
Calling me a spastic because your team keeps failing only proves how little inteligence you have.
I am sure there are Souths supporters who are able to see reality,and have above average intelect,you just don't happen to be one of them.
You reap what you sew,and Souths have had crop failure for 5 straight years since there return.

Daneel

Bench
Nuts said:
Souths are the joke of the NRL!! No sh!t!! The have been ever since they come back into the comp, are you only just realising that now. Not only have the shown no improvemnt since rejoing, I believe they are actually going backwards. For starters they should consider hiring a decent coach.

And I have no doubt that beyond this year they will continue to be the "Joke of the NRL"

But that's just my opinion.

And this coming from someone who thinks daniel fithenry is the best player in the nrl. It is hard to take you seriously.

BTW souths have been the joke of the nrl even before they got kicked out, hence why they were kicked out. Yeah hundreds of thousands of people can march the streets to have them reinstated but only a couple of thousand can show up to matches. What a joke, kick them out of the comp or make them relocate to the central coast.

bulldog

Bench
redVgirl said:
look everyone has a right to an opinon, there shouldnt be any censorship on here. i just think considering our game got an absolute battering in the 90s and its a miracle that we survived at all. i know i got completely turned off footy for years. and i swear my brother still hasnt recovered since norths folded, he still finds it hard to even watch a game..lol.

so having said that, when it comes to supporting such a historically important club all league fans should try and stick together. we dont want to lose the history of our game in a frenzy to make everything 'quicker, better, stronger'. we already suffered so many casualties due to that attitude.

Good call, I don't think there will be any long term winners from booting out any club, get Souths stable, let the Titans settle in and push expansion into those areas we abandoned after the war.

Daneel said:
And this coming from someone who thinks daniel fithenry is the best player in the nrl. It is hard to take you seriously.

BTW souths have been the joke of the nrl even before they got kicked out, hence why they were kicked out. Yeah hundreds of thousands of people can march the streets to have them reinstated but only a couple of thousand can show up to matches. What a joke, kick them out of the comp or make them relocate to the central coast.

....and the eels are not a joke
chokers of the NRL

a pea brained moron for a ceo who sticks the knife into other clubs, players, and the NRL every chance he gets.....and lets one of the best players in the game go to england because he is too petty to swallow his pride

running second last after being minor premiers last year

off field drunks bringing the NRL into disrepute

on field verbals between players

quite a few hidings this year

i say kick the eels out they are the joke of the league

......you and every other person in this thread who want souths kicked out....wake up to yourselves

at least souths are doing somthing about it,by privatising, signing some big name players for next year and it looks like the start of the cleanout has started

paulp

Juniors
851 said:
I think you have bent over and took it more than once,just like Souths are doing every weekend.
Souths had tens of thousands marching for their return,but can't get any to turn up to their games.Funny that was the problem before, nothing has changed.
They are getting worse not better since they got back in the NRL,they should be made go to the central coast where someone might turn up to watch them.Maybe they could pick up a decent young player or two up there.
Calling me a spastic because your team keeps failing only proves how little inteligence you have.
I am sure there are Souths supporters who are able to see reality,and have above average intelect,you just don't happen to be one of them.
You reap what you sew,and Souths have had crop failure for 5 straight years since there return.

851 you are the reason why cousins shouldn't reproduce:lol:

Dr Crane

Live Update Team
The question i put to you guys...if your team was as dismal as the Rabbitohs for the last 17 years, would you be so lucky as the pull 6000?

Daneel

Bench
hillbillyjazzer1954 said:
....and the eels are not a joke
chokers of the NRL

a pea brained moron for a ceo who sticks the knife into other clubs, players, and the NRL every chance he gets.....and lets one of the best players in the game go to england because he is too petty to swallow his pride

running second last after being minor premiers last year

off field drunks bringing the NRL into disrepute

on field verbals between players

quite a few hidings this year

i say kick the eels out they are the joke of the league

......you and every other person in this thread who want souths kicked out....wake up to yourselves

at least souths are doing somthing about it,by privatising, signing some big name players for next year and it looks like the start of the cleanout has started

Wake uo to yourself mate, i can remember the last time the eels won a minor premieship, can you remember the last time souths did?

every club goes through bad times, but they also have good ones, oh except souths of course, they are always last or their abouts.

Also if Parra are the jokes of the nrl, how come we have twice the points of souths.:roll:

Bench
paulp said:
851 you are the reason why cousins shouldn't reproduce:lol:
Souths got back in the NRL in 2002,tell me how Souths were going at round 16 in 2002,and compare that with round 16 2006.
Now who's the d1ckhead,they are worse now then when they got back in.:lol:

yes its still active cause souths are a waste of time and they should make a movie of them from being the side with the most grandfinal wins back when the dinosaurs roamed to now where they are trying to get the most ever wooden spoons.
they capitualte and cant even hold a coaching staff.

bigdogsgottaeat

Juniors
I for one hope that with all of the moves Souths are making, on and off the field, they come back with huge success, thereby makeing all you nay-sayers look like absolute f**king tools.

Then the Souths fans can emerge from the darkness, and all say in unison "I told you f**king so".

gunnamatta bay

Referee
I heard the leagues club not trading well and they are blaming loss of trade on the new owners of the footy team. Is it true the club is now officially broke? Does this explain why Crowe purchased the Erskineville bowling club?

to be honest, i feel sorry for their supporters, it would have been really hard been at the warriors and bunnies game, and watching them play...

Iafeta

Referee
IanRitchie said:
The question i put to you guys...if your team was as dismal as the Rabbitohs for the last 17 years, would you be so lucky as the pull 6000?

Here here. And against an out of country side no less.

gunnamatta bay

Referee
Iafeta said:
Here here. And against an out of country side no less.

Actually I think when the Warriors start to get to somewhere like 02 any game in Australia will attract lots of ex pats. Sydney would have to be good for at least 5-10 grand at least to compliment the local sides fans.

Although a lot of kiwis living in Sydney support other clubs

Iafeta

Referee
It will, I agree, but I think it's going to take more than 3 wins in a row after 3 years where they haven't done that, in which time they've breached the salary cap, axed two coaches, axed good players who the fans loved like Ali Lauitiiti, Vinnie Anderson, PJ Marsh, Stacey Jones etc, the lies, the secrecy, the cover ups, the lack of transparency... all these things add up that while things are rebuilding, there's still a bitter divide from those times.