What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

souths please sign james roberts

Rabbits20

Immortal
http://www.foxsports.com.au/more-sp...brisbane-broncos/story-e6frf56c-1227638289456

In this article it says Broncos are favourites.

Mundine has told Roberts to go the Broncos.

But guys it says Souths are in the hunt and will make an offer.

It says we have ENOUGH cap space to offer just upwards of 350k. So we could offer him 400k.

The Sam contract must just be TPA agreement problems and not cap issues. So I reckon Sam is on 500k in the cap like others have said.

So looks like we have 400k to spend still.

Offload McQueen and maybe Grevsmuhl and we have more to spend.

In fact shadow just offload McQueen and offer Roberts 450k. That's what I'd do.

Thoughts shadow?? Where have you been shadow???

This is important.

It is like you've disappeared. Not coming on here much lately.

Anyone else thoughts????????

Rabbits20

Immortal
f**k mundine..

:lol:

It's great Sam is only on 500k under the cap:)

TPA's being finalised imo is what is holding back the deal being official from the NRL.

It's great we have about 400k left in our cap at this stage too.

The fact the media made out we were over the cap was BS.

We have got rid of so many players over the last couple of seasons and haven't bought much.

Last edited:

Rabbits20

Immortal
Kevin Walters on Brisbane radio said the broncs can't fit Roberts under the cap.

He may be bluffing though.

Southsport if Manly get him I'll be pissed off.

I reckon St George will try to get Roberts.

Cmon James come home to Souths, where you belong:)

Woofy7

Juniors
Proves that our cap issues are a load of crap.... Once again maybe our great club can pull another quality signing. I think a signing like Roberts will push close to a top 4 finish.

alien

Referee
:lol:

It's great Sam is only on 500k under the cap:)

TPA's being finalised imo is what is holding back the deal being official from the NRL.

It's great we have about 400k left in our cap at this stage too.

The fact the media made out we were over the cap was BS.

We have got rid of so many players over the last couple of seasons and haven't bought much.

the media are getting worse

alien

Referee
I think a signing like Roberts will push close to a top 4 finish.

i reckon! the 3 burgesses dominating the middle third, and a backline including gi, aj, auva'a, roberts, oldfield. lots of speed and tries there!

doyen

Bench
He may be bluffing though.

Southsport if Manly get him I'll be pissed off.

I reckon St George will try to get Roberts.

Cmon James come home to Souths, where you belong:)

Unfortunately, Sths in mid -season 2012 displayed what they thought of James----it was definitely NOT "this is where you belong." They pissed him off for minor offences.

This decision may come back to haunt us!

Rabbits20

Immortal
Proves that our cap issues are a load of crap.... Once again maybe our great club can pull another quality signing. I think a signing like Roberts will push close to a top 4 finish.

I should have believed you re our "so called" cap issues. Yes they are a load of crap.

Yep, getting Roberts would make us push really close to the top 4.

Rabbits20

Immortal
Unfortunately, Sths in mid -season 2012 displayed what they thought of James----it was definitely NOT "this is where you belong." They pissed him off for minor offences.

This decision may come back to haunt us!

Can't argue.

Rabbits20

Immortal
i reckon! the 3 burgesses dominating the middle third, and a backline including gi, aj, auva'a, roberts, oldfield. lots of speed and tries there!

Yep and we have the solid guy in Goodwin too who can get a job done well.

Plus promising Cody if needed.

Geez, I'm not getting my hopes up alien but it'd be great if we could somehow sign Roberts.

Imo Brisbane remain favourites.

Stranger things have happened though!

I reckon St George will have a good go at getting Roberts.

Woofy7

Juniors
Phil Gould just tweeted that the player movement about to take place Is mind boggling.could this be Souths signing Roberts and the Sam burgess contract not ratified yet....

Rabbits20

Immortal
Phil Gould just tweeted that the player movement about to take place Is mind boggling.could this be Souths signing Roberts and the Sam burgess contract not ratified yet....

I bloody hope not.

Sam is more important.

I think the Sam deal hasn't been finalised due to the finalising of TPA's.

alien

Referee
souths might be saying to the nrl integrity unit "you taking so long to approve sam could cost us signing another top player"

Latest posts