What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

souths please sign james roberts

Rabbits20

Immortal
Gus Gould has tweeted in response to a punters question re Roberts to Broncos his reply don't think so no cap left another punter asks Gus is he signing with Souths his reply wait and see all will be revealed within the next week after also admitting he knows where Jimmy the Jet is going ???
Take from it what you will but Gus has zero reason to spin crap never really has

I think Roberts will be at the Broncos.

St George and Souths are outside chances.

Woofy7

Juniors
Apparently Souths has met with Roberts three times now. Our offer is bigger than the Broncos offer, it's a matter of is he willing to move back to Sydney. I think our chances have increased more than everyone thinks.

Pommy

Coach
If GI left a season early (he won't be here in 2017) and we had Sam and Roberts signed up I would consider that to be good business myself. Well as long as Roberts limits the influence his cousin is having on him.

The only concern I have with Roberts is his defence ?... Any input would be appreciated also Pommy I agree but depends on who goes to fullback for us if Greg leaves I personally don't think AJ is up to it as his defence is nowhere near as solid and on kick returns he gets rag dolled back 10 metres as all smaller fullbacks do any suggestions??

Pommy

Coach
Defence would be a concern for sure. But as I have mentioned before (although I would be very happy to be proven wrong) I feel GI is on the downward slope and I am happy for the club to spend a season in a rebuild phase. I feel the addition of Sam and Roberts would set us up very nicely for the future. You can't build a Premiership winning team in one off season. Im sure if he left there would be cap space left over as well.
If GI stays and is at his peak I will be very happy to have been proven wrong.

Rabbits20

Immortal
Apparently Souths has met with Roberts three times now. Our offer is bigger than the Broncos offer, it's a matter of is he willing to move back to Sydney. I think our chances have increased more than everyone thinks.

Sounds promising, where did you hear this???

alien

Referee
i reckon inglis is in his peak. this is the first full off season he has had in like 4 years. i think he is in for a massive year in 2016. no way i'd be letting him go. roberts is good, but he aint THAT good!

Pommy

Coach
i reckon inglis is in his peak. this is the first full off season he has had in like 4 years. i think he is in for a massive year in 2016. no way i'd be letting him go. roberts is good, but he aint THAT good!

But he will be good for years whereas GI will be off at the end of the season.

DiegoNT

First Grade
Gi is 28. If he goes for as long as most top line fullbacks he'll retire at about the age of 32-33. That means he's got at least 4-5 years left. We should be trying to keep him for as long as possible, if the plan is to keep him at Souths until he retired (and that is priority 1, priority over sam burgess, priority over maguire), ;then it's way to early to think about his replacement.

southsport

First Grade

I doubt GI will be leaving alien, just Gus stirring the pot!

I'm with you Diego when GI is fit there's no fullback close to him especially his kick returns with a broken defensive line and the leadership and extra courage he brings to everyone else is unmatched ( apart maybe from Sam) let's see how he goes next year.....but if he wants to go ...he wants to go .i would be absolutely spewing as nobody will ever replace the player he is at his peak

Exactly Alien says who ?. The Lurker ?. That bloke is a clown has he ever got more than 20% of his predictions correct ....pfft lurker get a real job mate your a joke

Rabbits20

Immortal

Agree alien. Good to hear we are on the same page.

Latest posts