What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Souths Release Hegs Rumour...

Nemesis

Bench
Dave won't like this one bit, but there are rumours going around some of the forums that Souths have released Hegs... can anyone confirm?

Fein

First Grade
The first I heard of it was at 11.24am today as posted on one of the unofficial forums.

It has since been confirmed he was not at training today.

Nemesis

Bench
I guess it's possible that he wasn't at training today due to injury, but usually where there's a lot of smoke there's fire.

Fein

First Grade
If true, I wonder if this means that we're making a play for someone? Dave will be absolutely shattered!

:lol:

Losing Heg's will save Dave (and others who stick up for him) 27 litres of sweat per season.

Personally, it'll save me about 25 litres. :lol:

Dave Q

Coach
This is an absolute outrage.

No sleep for me tonight or so long as this rumour persists.

If Hegs goes, I may have to consider giving up Souths and the game altogether.

Our AM probably hasnt even made it through the day.

I'll be surprised if he ever posts again.

Hegs has been a loyal servant of Souths. He is to be repsected and admired.

I cant believe this evil and destructive rumour. It cant be true.

The club must make a statement to dispell this despicable rumour immediately.

Last edited:

Fein

First Grade
I agree Hegs was much maligned Dave but he did cause me several hundred heart attacks.

If this rumour does transpire, I do wish him all the very best, he certainly did try wearing our famous colours.

Quigs

Immortal
Dave are you alright.

I am concerned for what well being you have left - both mentally and physically.

Mate I am in your corner if needed.

Now back in wiff the mouthguard and come out swinging.

Pssst, I know of a good 100 plus first grade outside back that would be a handy replacement should this vicious rumour have any truth.

Cheers
Quigs

downo14

Juniors
Its obviously a load of Bollox

He looked way to happy in that Souths Training Vid, striding into redfern like a big ponce, i swear if you put some fur on him & a spivy hat, he'd pass for a pimp.

& the muscles!!!...to paraphrase ricky Ponting.."looks like tarzan, plays like Jane"

Nemesis

Bench

He looked way to happy in that Souths Training Vid, striding into redfern like a big ponce, i swear if you put some fur on him & a spivy hat, he'd pass for a pimp.

& the muscles!!!...to paraphrase ricky Ponting.."looks like tarzan, plays like Jane"
That video was taken 10 days ago and this rumour first surfaced today... a lot can happen in 10 days. But... it's still a rumour.

Nemesis

Bench
This is an absolute outrage.

No sleep for me tonight or so long as this rumour persists.

If Hegs goes, I may have to consider giving up Souths and the game altogether.

Our AM probably hasnt even made it through the day.

I'll be surprised if he ever posts again.

Hegs has been a loyal servant of Souths. He is to be repsected and admired.

I cant believe this evil and destructive rumour. It cant be true.

The club must make a statement to dispell this despicable rumour immediately.
Dave, I know you're a huge fan of Hegs, but no one is worth giving up the game or Souths for. In any case, I doubt that the rumour is true, as it sounds a bit like the "Reni is coming to Souths" rumour.

If it is true, then I wish Hegs all the best for the future, because he's a top bloke and has toiled hard (despite the sometimes justified criticism) and has been very loyal to Souths.

I'm sure the club is getting stacks of phone calls & emails about this, so we shoudn't have to wait long before an official statement is made.

P.S If true, it could free up cash to secure Simon Mannering..... just thought I'd try to lift your spirits 'ol son. :)

Last edited:

OVP

Coach

Gold !! :lol:

When he was at Easts, he was nicknamed The Cuban Cueball and Latino Heat in honour of his slick moves on the dance floor. He used to dance in that pimp outfit ... the chicks were like putty ... :lol:

Gold !! :lol:

When he was at Easts, he was nicknamed The Cuban Cueball and Latino Heat in honour of his slick moves on the dance floor. He used to dance in that pimp outfit ... the chicks were like putty ... :lol:

lol nice

i saw one pic of his body, and he was not the guy i was expecting to look like he did under the shirt, he is ripped hard

Last edited:

Sugar

Bench
If this true and he has left on good terms to persue a contract in the ESL good on him
If he has been a naughty boy and been sacked thanks Hegs you made my year

He tried his guts out for us but lost form and never regained it,nice guy and wore our colours with Pride Farewell Hegarty.

P.O.S.H fans
May finally have got their wish

Seano

Juniors
I still dont understand why we re-signed him for the last few years and I can't say im dissapointed to see him go

(im on a roll! 2 posts in 5 minutes lol)

Latest posts