What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Souths vs Roosters *Live updates, spoilers*

pantherz9103

First Grade
Big_Bad_Shark_Fan said:
true raiders and roosters are safe

but warriors and panthers are outside chances

Warriors would have to get beaten by Manly by about 100 points and Knights smash Sharks and Dragons for that to happen :roll:

pantherz9103

First Grade
Onan the barbarian said:
Not really BBSF, Newcastle can only finish on 22 so they'd need to win the next three games by a combined total of 200. Panthers may get it though with the way the Bunnies and Newcastle are playing.

Do you seriously think that the Knights can win at Oki Jubilee Stadium. No matter how well the Knights are going, the Dragons are a much much better team than the Knights are. The Dragons mightn't lose another game all season.

Cletus

First Grade
pantherz9103 said:
Do you seriously think that the Knights can win at Oki Jubilee Stadium. No matter how well the Knights are going, the Dragons are a much much better team than the Knights are. The Dragons mightn't lose another game all season.
If you actually read what I said you'd notice that I said CAN not will.

pantherz9103

First Grade
Onan the barbarian said:
If you actually read what I said you'd notice that I said CAN not will.

Yeah I know. I just hate those Knights coz they are keeping my teams spoon hopes alive :evil:

steven_tiger

Juniors
whoever says the rabbits and knights should/deserve to be in the 8 needs a bullet.

yeah they are playing good footy now, but what about the first 13 weeks? RUBBISH!

PARRA_FAN

Coach
f****k, Gary Freeman has to be the dumbest commentator going around.

Crocker's come in with a spear tackle, put his hands in the blokes face then wants to go on with it. Russell Smith gave him about three warnings, as he said on the microphone, then sin binned him. All you can hear is Whiz saying "blah, blah, blah, nothing with that, nothing wrong that". OPSM Whiz.

Another thing, first he praises Russell Smith for having a good game, then he bags him. :lol:

Ari Gold

Bench
OHHHHHH YEAH!!!!!!!!!!!!

VICTORY AGAINST OUR ARCH ENEMY IS SOOOOOOO SWEET!!!!!!!

WHAT A f**kING GAME!!!!!!! 3+ major biffs.....3 players sent off......scores locked up for the last 20 mins..... seeing ricky stuart say f**k!!! a 1000 times......what more could you bloody want.....

.....GLORY, GLORY TO SOUTH SYDNEY!!!!!!!!

BWNB

First Grade
Big_Bad_Shark_Fan said:
roosters were robbed, or at least copped the rough of the green easily imo

It doesnt really matter, last week sharks were robbed against them with a shepperd call an now it comes back at them im not complaining im just saying everything evens out

lazza

Juniors
i cant beleive how bad finch's field goal attempts were... he had a wide open look in the last 30 secs or so...

i wonder if the board will stick with him now.

innsaneink

Referee
Rusty rubs it into Roosters
By Daniel Pace
August 20, 2005

HOLLYWOOD star Russell Crowe went looking for Sydney Roosters captain Luke Ricketson following South Sydney's first win over their fierce rivals in 11 years tonight at Aussie Stadium.

"I thought I got to go up to Luke Ricketson, look him in the eye and say 'Lukey, how did you enjoy that game?'," said Crowe after the Rabbitohs thrilling 17-16 victory over the Roosters all but ended the 2002 premiers NRL season.

"He said 'I knew you'd find me."

A 76th-minute Ben Walker field goal sealed victory for the Rabbitohs, who have won five out of their past six games in a stunning late-season revival.

The victory gives them some breathing space in the battle to avoid the wooden spoon after Newcastle defeated the New Zealand Warriors in Auckland tonight.

The only downside for the Rabbitohs is that centre Luke MacDougall is staring down the barrel of a lengthy suspension after being reported for a dangerous throw on Anthony Minichiello in the 64th minute.

"I've been a Souths fan since I was little kid so in the last decade or so, every win is special," said Crowe.

Asked on how good it felt to beat the Roosters following his inflammatory remark last week that he wished the club finished with the wooden spoon, Crowe replied: "After 13 consecutive losses (to the Roosters), it couldn't be better."

The star of Cinderella Man even produced a letter for journalists responding to a challenge from an anonymous punter to a $250,000 bet that Souths would not beat the Roosters tonight.

"My reply to your anonymous caller? Whoever he is, he must be an idiot and a sad idiot at that," the letter stated. "Did the cheque arrive in a paper bag? When will these Roosters blokes learn that it's not about money? It's about heart and spirit."

AAP
http://foxsports.news.com.au/story/0,8659,16331653-23210,00.html

Fairfax

Juniors
PARRA_FAN said:
Crocker's come in with a spear tackle, put his hands in the blokes face then wants to go on with it. Russell Smith gave him about three warnings, as he said on the microphone, then sin binned him.

Crocker picked him up one one one and buried him. No penalty there. The crap after the tackle was both Logan and Croker being idiots.

What do you think should have happened to Luke MacDougall? Should Shillington have been binned for taking not one, but two deliberate elbows to the head?

You haven't seen much football have you?

innsaneink

Referee
534430664tk.jpg

Hurriflatch

Referee
The star of Cinderella Man even produced a letter for journalists responding to a challenge from an anonymous punter to a $250,000 bet that Souths would not beat the Roosters tonight.

"My reply to your anonymous caller? Whoever he is, he must be an idiot and a sad idiot at that," the letter stated. "Did the cheque arrive in a paper bag? When will these Roosters blokes learn that it's not about money? It's about heart and spirit."

:lol:

Big_Bad_Shark_Fan

First Grade
i agree roosters definetly got copped
crocker should not of been sin binned
he shouldnt of been penalised for throwing the ball away anyway , then he shouldnt of been penalised for the tackle, or sin binned for the incident. 3 bad calls in 34 seconds

PARRA_FAN

Coach
Fairfax said:
What do you think should have happened to Luke MacDougall? Should Shillington have been binned for taking not one, but two deliberate elbows to the head?

You haven't seen much football have you?

Thats not the point. The point is Whiz doesnt know what he's talking about half the time, he's worse than Gould after tonights performance.

He praised Russell Smith for penalising Souths, and he's doing a fine job and then he bags him even though he did some fair calls.

Good call from Andy, "Gary Freeman praising a referee?" :lol: