What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Souths will have five captains this season

Ronnie Dobbs

Coach
Rules for Captain's choice are as follows:

First week Asotasi must beat Crocker in rock, paper, scissors for Captain. That's in an effort to reduce their magic number to three. Then the winners can advance to a game of twister .
So, if the Burgess beats King and Croker beats Sutton in twister, then Croker goes to the play-offs of 52 pick-up, unless King can upset Asotassi and Sutton ties with Crocker, then Asotassi would play Crocker and Burgess in a blind choice round robin. And if no clear winner emerges from all of this, a two-man sack race will be held on consecutive Sundays until a champion can be crowned

Love BASEketball.

Hi Britneeeey.

jbl31649

Juniors
There aren't that many captains in the Navy.

You'd be surprised how many people of Rank are onboard a ship. I served on one where there was A Chief Petty Officer, Petty Officer, 2 Leading Seaman and Four Sailors.

Lucky us we had a supervisor for each Sailor. I'd get told one thing by the Chief, another by the Petty Officer and another by the Leading Seaman.

I decided to listen to none of them and do my own thing. Left that comedy of fun.

Imagine something like that during the middle of a match.

To a Junior player -

Captain 1 ' Stand deep on the 4th'

Captain 2 ' What are you doing, Stand up ready for a short kick'

Captain 3 ' What are you doing there, stand behind him ready for a short pass'

Captain 4 ' Your meant to be on the edge ready to for an interchange'

Captain 5 ' Weren't you told to stand deep on the 4th '

Junior thinking ' screw this I'm finding another club '

juanfarkall

Coach
Ummmm, King did play lower grades for the Sharks.

Lol at Wikipedia as a source.

meh.
not sure who/what the wikipedia jibe is meant for.

It is common knowledge that King did not go well with the Sharks and even if he only played lower grades there, he still played with a club other than the Storm which has had more success than 50uff$ this century.

no name

Referee
meh.
not sure who/what the wikipedia jibe is meant for.

It is common knowledge that King did not go well with the Sharks and even if he only played lower grades there, he still played with a club other than the Storm which has had more success than 50uff$ this century.

Rabbitohs95 wrote this

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Matt_King_(rugby_league) yep, you must be a very intelligent person thinking he played for the Sharks

And then changed it. My post was aimed at him/her.

Vic Mackey

Referee
some interesting times ahead here. a few questions:

* how will 5 players fit side by side down the tunnel to lead their team out?
* do after match press conference media conferences have enough chairs for 5 captains?
* if one week sutton gets injured, burgess suspended and inglis is playing origin then do nathan meritt, dave taylor and ben lowe become the new captains?
* who calls for the coin toss? do they have a vote what they think it will be heads/tails and majority rules?

juanfarkall

Coach
Rabbitohs95 wrote this

And then changed it. My post was aimed at him/her.

no probs....

trying to work out a reason why a 50uff$ fan would use wiki for anything other than finding out about the era when their team played at home and was competitive

_snafu_

Immortal
some interesting times ahead here. a few questions:

* how will 5 players fit side by side down the tunnel to lead their team out?
* do after match press conference media conferences have enough chairs for 5 captains?
* if one week sutton gets injured, burgess suspended and inglis is playing origin then do nathan meritt, dave taylor and ben lowe become the new captains?
* who calls for the coin toss? do they have a vote what they think it will be heads/tails and majority rules?

Also, who does the ref speak to during the game?

Wilson1

Juniors
WTF. This is the dumbest idea ever. You can have a leadership group consisting of 5 people but from that group you need one person who is above the rest.

Earl

Coach
When you break it down it isn't as ridiculous as it sounds;

- Sam Burgess and Roy Asotasi will spend most of the year injured
- John Sutton is on the field but you wouldn't know it

So really they just have King & Crocker as Co Captains

Latest posts